Chapter 5

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

As soon as Sehun realized that he's lucid dreaming, he also realized that this place wasn't his usual dreamland. Maybe it was just a new place that he and Kai were going to explore. That seemed logical.

But Sehun couldn't find Kai. He's been exploring this dreamland for what seemed to feel like hours now, but still no Kai. Sehun was starting to get worried. What if Kai abandoned him since he hasn't been dreaming lately? What if Kai doesn't want to be his friend anymore?

Sehun shook those thoughts out of his head. Kai was his friend; no Kai was his best friend. Kai wouldn't just leave me like that, Sehun thought. Kai must have dream character errands to run or something. They can have a personal life, right?

Sehun didn't know. He was a bit frightened. He wasn't ever alone after he met Kai. It was like the first time he lucid dreamed; not knowing what to do or where to go and how to go about doing anything. Sehun was lost.

But what Sehun thought was odd, was that this dreamland was much more modern than what he was used to. There were normal looking houses and buildings, as if he were in some suburban neighborhood. While Sehun has dreamed of today's things, like spaceships, he usually went to small villages and the like. This was different and new and Sehun wasn't entirely sure if he liked it or not.

But he kept on walking around. Maybe he'd find another useful dream character and not some background character. Sehun reached what seemed to be downtown of whatever this town was. There was a cute bubble tea shop just down the street and Sehun was going to get himself a cup.

Walking through the shop's doors, Sehun can't help but notice how quiet the place was. There weren’t other customers aside from him. There wasn't even a single worker there either, well at least that's what Sehun thought. Though despite all this, Sehun still walked up to the counter and rang the bell.

No one came. So Sehun left. He was rather disappointed.

But in retrospect it was probably a good thing no one came. Sehun hadn't realized it at the time, but he seemed to not have his wallet on him. No wallet means no money which means no bubble tea.

 

Sehun kept on walking until he reached a park. There was a fairly large gazebo by the river and he wanted to sit there since it looked peaceful. So he did.

When Sehun got there, there was a boy sitting there. He looked a bit young to be sitting by himself there. I wonder where his parents are, Sehun thought. Maybe if I help him find his parents, I'll get something in return.

Sehun approached the kid a bit hesitantly. He wasn't sure what the kid could be capable of. While this was his dream, anything could happen.

"Um, hi," Sehun smiled.

"Oh hey," the kid replied. His voice was deeper than Sehun expected.

"What's your name?" Sehun asked, sitting down next to the boy.

The boy looked Sehun up and down and gave him a look before answering. "You know, you really should give your name before asking for a stranger's name."

Sehun was taken aback. What a rude kid.

"Fine, kid. I'm Oh Sehun. Now tell me your name," Sehun glared.

The kid glared back, "I'm Luhan."

Sehun just gave this so called Luhan one last look before looking at the river. It was pretty for lack of better words. The sun was reflecting on the water, making it shine. There were ripples, most likely from fish. There were a few seagulls flying about as well as ducks swimming. Sehun wished he had some bread.

Sehun heard Luhan sigh. Sehun couldn't help the sigh that escaped his mouth either. The air was warm and it was perfect for napping. Sehun didn't want to nap though; he was already asleep. It would be stupid to fall asleep in a dream, especially a lucid dream.

"So why are you here?" Luhan finally spoke after a while.

Sehun didn't answer right away. He wasn't sure why he was here. Here wasn't a place that Sehun wouldn't normally go to. It was so normal compared to what he usually dreams about.

"I'm not sure," he mumbled.

"Me too," Luhan said quietly.

Sehun wasn't sure what Luhan could have possibly meant, but went along with it anyways.

"Quick question for you." Luhan looked at Sehun. "Have you seen a guy, about my height; pretty tan with really dark hair and eyes? He goes by Kai."

"Yeah, I know Kai," Luhan nodded. "He was here not too long ago."

Sehun couldn't keep his surprise off his face. How did Luhan know Kai?

"Uh, do you know where he went maybe?" Sehun asked.

"Nope. I didn't bother asking. Kai probably wouldn't have said anything. Or he'd say something sarcastic," Luhan frowned.

"Sounds just like Kai," Sehun sighed.

Luhan hummed his agreement.

"So, uh, do you come here often?"

Luhan looked at him strangely before asking, "Are you trying to hit on me?"

"What!? No!" Sehun was flustered. "I was just curious."

"You better not be," Luhan glared at Sehun again. "But yeah, I do come here often."

"Why?"

"I just like it."

That was a good enough answer.

 

Sehun and Luhan didn't talk much after that. They just sat quietly under the gazebo, enjoying the warm breeze. Despite their initial meeting, there was a comfortable air around the two of them. It was relaxing.

"Well it's getting to that time of the day again," Luhan said suddenly.

"What?"

"It's that time again. The time where I go into town," Luhan answered.

"Oh, well have fun then," Sehun said, looking away from Luhan.

"You're not coming?"

"I'm allowed?"

"Yeah."

 

Sehun followed Luhan back into town. There were more people out than before. It was a lot livelier. Luhan said it was because the townspeople liked the afternoon more than the morning, so a lot of stores and business didn't open until one PM at the earliest. So Sehun brought up his incident at the bubble tea shop. Luhan said that because the crime rate here is nonexistent, there really wasn't a need to lock up shops or anything. Sehun thought it was downright bizarre. Luhan said that you just have to get used to it and accept for what it was.

They ended up at the bubble tea shop from before. Apparently Luhan also really liked bubble tea. Luhan went up to the counter and order his bubble tea. Sehun couldn't, since he had no money. But Luhan surprised him by giving him a cup of chocolate bubble tea.

"Um, thanks Luhan," Sehun mumbled quietly, chewing on his straw.

"Sure."

They drank their bubble teas in the quietness. No one else was there besides the employees, but they were quiet so it seemed that it was only Sehun and Luhan. It was rather nice, they both thought.

"Let's meet again," Sehun suggested. "I like spending time with you."

"Me too," Luhan smiled. "But don't call me a kid anymore. I'm twenty-two."

Sehun almost spat out his tea. This kid, this Luhan, was twenty-two? No way. That wasn't possible.

The look of disbelief must be funny since Luhan laughed after looking at Sehun.

"I know I look really young, but I'm not lying," Luhan said. "I'm guessing you're younger than me though."

Sehun nodded, "I'm eighteen."

"Thought so." Luhan stood up. "I'm gonna go now. And I think you are as well."

Before Sehun could reply, he was already waking up to his stupid alarm.

 

"It looks like you slept well," Yixing commented when they were on break. "I'm going to assume you dreamt last night."

"Yeah," Sehun sighed. "It was interesting."

"I'm also going to assume that it was a good interesting."

Sehun narrowed his eyes in a glare at Yixing. "Would you just shut up? God, you're so damn annoying; why are we even friends again."

"You're such a whiny , Sehun," Yixing scoffed.

Sehun ignored Yixing for the rest of their break. But that was fine for the both of them. They could be rude and mean to each other. It was just another part of their friendship.

 

But for the entire rest of the day, Sehun couldn't keep his mind off of Luhan. Luhan didn't seem quite like a regular dream character. Sehun wanted to find out more about Luhan. Sehun liked Luhan in that regard. 

 


A/N: Again, a lot of dialogue but we got to meet Luhan! It's a bit longer than the previous chapter (though not by much) and nothing exciting happened really. But there's a reason for it!  And thank you to those who have commented and subscribed. It's really nice to know that you like it, but don't comment or subscribe if you don't want to.

Please anticipate the next chapter~