Chapter 4

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

Sehun hasn't been sleeping well lately. And by sleeping well, I mean he hasn't been lucid dreaming. Sehun wasn't sure why though. Every night he goes over LaBerge's technique and still Sehun can't lucid dream. He hasn't lucid dreamed in about two weeks.

 

Yixing has noticed that his friend has been a bit out of lately. He'd like to be of some help to Sehun, but he's always shot down. Yixing has become worried for Sehun. To him, it looks as if Sehun hasn't slept at all in a week. There were bags under his eyes, his skin was paler than normal. He looked dead. Sehun told him not to worry. But that didn't stop Yixing.

 

"Sehunnie," Sehun's mom called. "It's dinner time!"

"Coming!"

Sehun sat down at the dining room table. His dad wasn't going to make it to dinner tonight. But that's fairly normal for Sehun and his mom. His dad works on the other side of Seoul until around eight PM. Depending on the amount of traffic, Sehun's dad may not get home until ten or eleven PM. But like stated before, it's fairly normal.

"Sehun-ah." Sehun looked at his mom. "You haven't been sleeping, have you?"

Knowing that he couldn't lie to his mom, Sehun nodded. "For the past week and a half or so."

"That's not good." Sehun's mom tsk'ed. "A growing boy like yourself needs seven hours of sleep, at the least."

"I know."

Sehun's mom said, "Maybe it's time for a new mattress?"

"I don't think it's that, mom. My bed is still fairly new."

His mom didn't say anything for a while, seeming to be in thought. Then she asked, "Are you doing okay in school? Are you being bullied? Is there a test you're worrying about?"

"Ugh, mom, no to all of that. Nothing like that."

"Sehun-ah, we need to find out why you're not sleeping well."

"Yeah."

Sehun needed to find out why he wasn't lucid dreaming, though it might have to do with the fact that he hasn't been sleeping well. If only Kai were here, Sehun thought, he would probably know how to fix this…On second thought, no he probably wouldn't.

"I'm going to wash up now Mom. Everything was good."

"Okay, dear. Try to sleep well tonight please. Mommy worries about you."

To reassure his mom, Sehun gave her a hug. Sehun hugs became rare as he started to grow up. He thought they weren't 'manly' enough. But he could make an exception for his mom every now and again.

 

After washing up, Sehun got ready for bed. He never did anything special. He'd put his sleepwear on and climb into bed.

Sehun lay down, getting himself comfortable, snuggling up in his covers. He let out a soft sigh. It's always nice lying down in bed after a long day. And everything was quiet, too. His mom must have gone to bed as well. This was Sehun's favorite way of falling asleep, the quiet of the night, his comfy bed and covers. It was perfect to Sehun.

Sehun fell asleep shortly.

 

Sehun woke the next morning with no memories of his dreams at all. This is bad, Sehun thought.

It was a school day and Sehun had already woken up a bit late. He didn't have enough time to check his manual. He can't afford being late again. He doesn't want to get suspended or something. His mom wouldn't like that.

Sehun rushed to get ready. He made it to class just before the final bell rang.

 

"Guy, you really don't look all too great. I know you said not to worry, but how can I not worry when you look like the walking dead," Yixing said during break.

"Xing, it's okay; I'm okay," Sehun sighed. "Honestly, I think I'm just stressing myself since I haven't been dreaming lately."

"Dreaming? I'm worried about you and you say it's because you haven't been dreaming?" Yixing asked incredulously.

"Yeah, I think so," Sehun sighed again. "It's a bit more complicated than what you're probably thinking."

"Well, if that's the case, I hope you start dreaming as soon as possible. You're such an eyesore."

"Thanks. I'll remember that comment when you want something." Sehun silently hoped he'd start dreaming as well.

 

Sehun had planned to reread his manual but he couldn't. He had a crap ton of homework. And to top it off, his mom offered him to his neighbor to babysit. He brought his homework with just in case he'd be able to get something done. But of course, the kid was a devil. Sehun swore to never have kids after babysitting that brat.

By the time Sehun got home, it was already nine PM. He really wanted to read his manual but schoolwork was important. But his health was also important.

Sehun did his homework well into the early hours of the morning, completely disregarding his manual. Sehun never made it to his bed.

 

Another night without remembering dreams, Sehun thought. At least he woke up on time this morning. That's a good thing.

"Well you obviously didn't dream last night," Yixing comment when he saw his best friend walk in the classroom.

"No," Sehun mumbled. "I was up really late doing homework and fell asleep at my desk."

" to be you, man."

"You aren't helping."

"I know."

Sehun hoped that he'd dream tonight otherwise he may have to hurt Yixing.

 

School was boring as ever. But thankfully Sehun didn't get as much homework as the day before and he didn't have to babysit that vile creature again. Tonight, Sehun was going to read that manual. He was determined.

 

The manual says that meditating is helpful with becoming lucid, so why not meditate to try to at least remember dreams again? At least that was Sehun's logic. Hopefully it would work for Yixing's sake.

Thank the high heavens; Sehun finally remembered a dream.

Sehun continued to meditate before going to sleep and sure enough, Sehun was able to lucid dream again.

 


A/N: Hi! School and work have been beating me up lately. I'll try to get another update out sometime on Sunday, but no promises. Lots of dialogue in this chapter and we get to meet Sehun's mom! I know it's a bit repetitive that I keep refering to her as 'Sehun's mom' but I really don't want to call her Mrs. Oh because that may not be her last name and I don't want to be inaccurate. And her character isn't really that important to the plot so her having a name isn't that big of a deal. Also, the manual does say that meditating helps with lucid dreaming, so I applied to remembering dreams as well. It doesn't go into depth about meditating so I didn't either. This was rather short (just over 1000 words) but like I said, these chapters won't be much longer than 2,000 words, until later chapters. And that's only a possibility. I won't know until I start writing them. 

And thank you to those who have subcribed and commented!! It really means a lot to me. But you don't have to comment or anything if you don't want to. I honestly don't like commenting (bc i never know what to say really) so I won't ask you to comment or subcribe.