Chapter 14

Unexpected Turn of Events

 

 

“You are awfully chipper this morning,” Yixing said, narrowing his eyes at Sehun. “Dislike.”

“Don’t be like that Yixing-ah,” Sehun said, trying his best to win Yixing over with his adorableness. “Are you still upset about yesterday? I said I was sorry; please forgive Sehunnie.”

“You are so damn lucky you’re cute,” Yixing sighed, eyes still narrowed. “But really though, you’re in a good mood for someone who can’t normally function, let alone express pleasant emotions, so early in the morning. What happened?”

And so Sehun went on to explain his small reunion with Luhan and Kai. He then explained what Chen had told him. Sehun was still rather upset that Chen didn’t know much about his mermaid coin issue, but the fact that he and Luhan made up (maybe?) was enough to make him happy and forget his problems, even for a short while.

With that being said and done, the bell rang and the two best friends headed off to class.

 

That night Sehun meditated before going to be to make sure he’d lucid dream. He needed to see Luhan again.

 

“Oh thank goodness you’re here!” Kai shouted, running towards Sehun.

“Hello to you too,” Sehun said, waving a bit.

“Yah, Sehunnie, let’s do something fun,” Kai said, hugging Sehun tightly. “We haven’t hung out just the two of us in a while.”

Sehun only stared at Kai with ‘are you ing kidding me’ expression.

“Hey, don’t give me that look! There’s a reason okay,” Kai said, finally releasing Sehun from his hug, but still holding his hand. “I’ll tell you after we do something fun.”

“Can I pick what we’re doing?”

“Does it involve flying?”

It involved flying. It’s been quite some time since Sehun flew. He missed it so much; why did he stop in the first place? Luhan came then, Sehun thought. After Luhan started showing up, Sehun hasn’t had any adventures, aside from the few trips to the Merfolk Lake. But they weren’t anything truly adventurous (by Kai’s standards that is).

“Wow Sehunnie, you have a really handsome smile,” Kai said, smiling a bit. “I can see why Luhan likes you so much.”

Sehun didn’t reply. He didn’t really have to; the blush that reached the tips of his ears spoke more than enough.

“Ah, it seems our Sehunnie has a crush!” Sehun’s face flushed even more if that were possible. “Or is he in love?”

Sehun could feel the color drain from his face, gawking at Kai. He couldn’t possibly be in love with Luhan could he?

Kai glanced at Sehun, a thoughtful look on his. Actually it could be mistaken as almost sad. Was Kai actually going to do this.

“Hey Sehunnie, I think we’ve had enough fun so let’s talk about the important thing now, okay?” Kai’s voice was soft, quiet. Sehun hasn’t ever seen this side of Kai before. He was always loud, wreaking havoc. He wasn’t someone who was small.

Sehun nodded his agreement.

 

Kai brought Sehun to his (and Luhan’s) favorite place: the field. It was nearly night time and the last bits of sunbeams were shimmering across the sky with stars just peeking out. Sehun hasn’t been to the field at night before but he imagined it would be similar to the Merfolk Lake at night. And it turns out that he wasn’t wrong, but wasn’t entirely right either. While the sky was dark blue, possibly purple, with pretty silver stars, there were greens and pinks and yellows and a whole slew of other colors Sehun couldn’t name. It looked like the aurora borealis almost. Sehun was awestruck at the sky’s beauty.

Kai plopped down randomly in the field, beckoning Sehun to follow suit. He did but instead of only sitting, he laid back on the soft grass.

“Now what’s so important, Kai?” Sehun asked, head turned towards Kai, but still watching the beams of light glimmer above.

Kai sighed. He couldn’t believe he was about to do this.

“Like I said; it’s important. You have to listen to what I tell you without interrupting me alright?”

Sehun hummed his response in the positive.

“Good,” Kai sighed again. “Where do I start?”

“The beginning is usually a nice place to start,” Sehun said, a lazy smirk grazing his features.

“Didn’t I just say not to interrupt me?” Kai growled.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry; continue.”

“Thank you, dumb-dumb. Now I was saying…Oh yes! This is super important Sehun so pay attention well. I won’t repeat myself and if you ask I definitely won’t.”

Sehun hummed again.

“Good enough of an answer! Now what you’re about to hear will shock and amaze you. You may piss yourself with this information…Actually please don’t, that’d be nasty."

“Okay can you just stop beating around the bush and get the point before I wake up?!”

“Oh rude much,” Kai pouted. “But ah, you’re right…I’ll just say it…Luhan isn’t like me or Chanyeol or Baekhyun or Chen.”

Sehun sat up and stared at Kai. Wasn’t like his friends? Because they were something more, right? They’ve kissed (although cute little lip touches) and they’ve had a lot more skinships together. So that would make Luhan his almost boyfriend? This would make sense since he doesn’t have those kinds of feelings for his friends.

“So you’re saying that Luhan is my boyfriend, yes?” Sehun asked. “But I didn’t even ask him out…”

“What, boyfriend? No!” Kai shouted, startling Sehun. “He isn’t like me! Or anyone else here for that matter! He’s real.”

Sehun furrowed his brows in thought. He’s real? But Kai and his other friends were real. Sure they were dream characters but they still existed so that made them real right? No?

“What exactly do you mean, Kai?”

“Just what I said. Luhan’s real,” Kai took a deep breath. "He isn’t a dream character. He’s like you.”

“Like me..?” Sehun thought aloud.

Like me? So that would mean that Luhan exists outside of Sehun’s dreamland. If that were the case, then they’d be able to be together while living in the waking world. But then the questions would be: How did Luhan get into Sehun’s dreams, and how did he manage to keep coming back? People can’t share dreams, right? Sehun wasn’t sure.

“So Luhan exists in my waking world, is what you mean, right?” Sehun questioned. He wasn’t looking at Kai.

“Yes, that’s exactly what I mean,” Kai said.

Sehun looked up at the sky again, wishing that this mess would start making sense to him. Maybe he could see Chen again? He had to go find him again anyways since Chen was researching about his mermaid coin issue.

But wait. If Sehun was able to bring a mermaid coin back from his dreamland then it wouldn’t be so strange if others could get into his dreamland. Maybe this dreamland isn’t solely Sehun’s, but rather it belongs to everyone who has knowledge of lucid dreaming and knows how to apply said knowledge. That’s plausible. Right?

“Are you okay?”

Sehun didn’t respond right away. “Not right now, I’m not. I need to figure this out.”

“You just have to understand this concept for now, Sehun. It’ll make sense later on.”

“No, I need it to make sense now,” Sehun frowned. “I’m going to possibly talk to Chen about this.” Sehun paused for a moment. “And of course I’m going to talk to Luhan.”

 

Sehun woke with a start. His breathing was rather erratic and he was a bit sweaty. He glanced to his alarm clock; it read that it was four in the morning.

Sehun turned over, trying to get comfortable again in his bed. He lay there, quietly trying to calm his heart and the fluttering feeling in his tummy.

Before succumbing to sleep, Sehun’s last thought was, ‘Luhan’s real.’ He fell asleep with a content smile on his face. 

 

 


A/N: I am asking again please vote on my stupid poll. It takes two seconds to click two buttons, not even. It's really important that I get this feedback so I can have better direction towards which ever ending. So far it's a tie and that simply will not do. 

 

After tomorrow at 6pm EST (18h) I'm going to just go with whatever ending is voted for most. And if it ends in a tie, I'll either chose myself or possibly attempt to think of another ending. 

(sorry if i seem rude but i'd like for it to not be a tie please)

But putting the poll aside, Merry (late) Christmas!! I hope everyone who celebrated had a wonderful time. And Happy New Years!! It's two in the morning here  so it's technically New Year's Eve now!! Let's hope for a happy and healthy new year for everyone!!

Also, if you plan on drinking, please be smart about it. If you go out and have a couple drinks, please do not drive and do not let someone else who has been drinking behind the wheel. Actually if you can help it, stay wherever you are for the night. There's going to be a lot of crazy happening today/tomorrow. But in the event you need to get somewheres and you've had a couple drinks, AAA has a special New Year's service where they'll come to wherever you are, take you and your car, to your destination of choice for free. This free service is from 6pm New Year's Eve to 6am New Year's day. Please call this toll free number 1-800-222-4357 to be picked up. 

*used this photo as reference to the night sky of the field

((sorry for long a/n slash psa)

EDIT: HOLY CRAP GUYS IDK IF U LIKE SJM OR NOT BUT THEY'RE MY FAVORITE (well suju is as a whole) BUT FASDKLFDHHAHHHHHH

 

 

LOOK AT THEM UGH THIS IS GOING TO BE GREAT (but idk if it'll be at great as 太完美)