Chapter 6

Academy for the Gifted Ones
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“My power is….”

 

“….mimicry”

 

Silence. It was completely silence. I would have expected some shock expressions or…I don’t know…something. To my relief Sunggyu opened his mouth to say something.

“That can’t be”*Huh?*

“What to do you mean by that?” I furrowed my eyebrows. Did he think I just came up with that?

“He means that it has been centuries since there was someone with that ability. And that person disappeared after he/she almost destroyed the world. We thought that was the last person who was gifted with the power of mimicry.” Hoya explained.

“Smart-” Dongwoo muttered. Hoya smacked his head. “Yah I’m your hyung” Hoya just ignored his whining.

“So you think I’m lying?” I raised an eyebrow and felt slightly hurt.

“No we didn’t say that it’s just….hard to believe” Sungyeol tried to explain. I sighed.

“Dongwoo, throw a fireball toward Hoya oppa and oppa, put it out with water” I instructed.

“What?! Why?” They both were confused.

“Just do it”

They stood in front of each other and did what I told them.

“Now what?” Dongwoo asked

“Just watch” I closed my eyes and extended both hands with my palms looking up. I took a deep breath and concentrated.

I hear loud gasps and open my eyes. In my left hand you could see a small fireball and in the other you could see a smaller waterball.

“So you really are…” Sunggyu didn’t finish his sentence. I nodded and closed my palms and both balls disappeared.

“But unlike previous people who had this ability, I absorb your powers through my eyes. So when I see it I automatically copy it. This is where the disadvantage comes”

We were all sitting now on a bench. “What do you mean?” asked Aetae who was cuddling Sunggyu.

“Unlike those who absorb through touching, I can’t control how much I want to absorb” She still didn’t get it.

“Imagine me as a cup. The water is what your power is. And you’re a bottle. When you use your power in front of me you pour water in the cup. The longer you use it the more you pour. So after a while my cup becomes full.” She nodded in understanding.

“That’s explains why you flared up.” Myungsoo said. “Your cup was already full of water and when Dongwoo hyung took off your glasses…”

“Your cup basically knocked over and the water spilled out.” Hoya finished. As expected from the two smartest boy in the school.

“Exactly. So I have to learn how to block ‘water’ out.” I stretched my arms and legs feeling a little numb.

“You told us it wasn’t the first time. What happened before?” Hyunran asked as she was sitting on Woohyun’s lap nuzzling her nose to his neck.

Suddenly the memory of that incident flashed through my mind. I looked down tears threatening to fall down. I’ve been blocking this memory out for so long. I’ve wanted to forget that day. Guilt, sadness, fear flushed through me.

The other felt my change of mood.

“Minyoung-ah. You don’t have to tell us if you don’t want to” Sungjong was hugging me whipping my tears that I didn’t notice had fallen.

“You can tell us when you’re ready” Sungyeol said while patting my head.

“Thanks guys” I whipped my last tear drop and smiled. They are such a nice people – well most of the time. They still look down on other class but we can work on it.

 

While we were happily chatting and laughing we didn’t notice that someone(s) was watching us from the bushes with jealousy

“I swear I will make

Please log in to read the full chapter