Chapter 4

Academy for the Gifted Ones
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

“More complex my . I bet I could win against her anytime” He said cockily. I smirked

“Wanna bet?”

 

Dongwoo looked at me like I had some mental problem but then smirked. “Go on”

“Me, you, in the cage after P.E. The loser has to do whatever the other says” He just smirked. He was so confident that he would win.

“Deal” He extended his hand and I shook it. Then I remembered. “It’s not a problem, right songsaengnim?” I asked hoping a ‘no’ for an answer.

“As long as you guys don’t kill each other. That means Dongwoo, do not use more than 60% and you,” He pointed to me and paused a little to build some dramatic moment “do not take off your glasses, no matter what, arasseo?” He warned. I just nod. I knew exactly what would happen if I take it off during the fight.

“Now go back to training”

 

Somehow the news about our fight got out and now everyone, yes EVERYONE was there in the arena. Rumors sure spread fast in this school.

Dongwoo and I were standing in the middle of the arena. The ‘cage’ I was talking about is just the arena + barrier between us and the spectators so that they wouldn’t get hurt during our battle. 

I waited him to make the first move. With only 10% of my power I can’t really do anything so I only had my martial art. I made a plan.

“Yah! Why are you standing there? Did you perhaps get scared? Is little Dongwoonii scared?” I mocked him. As everyone would guess, he got angry.

He lunged at me with high speed. Fortunately I was able to dodge it. He continued to kick, punch and throw fire balls at me. Wow he gets mad easily. I smirked. It would end faster than I thought.

After a few minutes he was sweating and panting. He was already exhausted. It was my turn now.

I ran toward him and tried to kick him in the stomach but he caught my leg so I did a turn and kicked –with my other leg- his head. He fell on the ground.

He wiped his mouth that had blood and before he could stand up I kick his side, hard.

“Argh” He groaned in pain.

“You know, you should learn how to manage your anger. With that temper of yours you would never defeat me. You’re already on the ground exhausted and not enough energy to use your power” He stood up again. I shook my head “You’re so stubborn”

He tried to punch me but I easily grabbed his hand. “Give up already”

What he did next was unexpected.  He put his leg behind me and made me fall down. He hovered over me and pinned to the ground. I struggled but he was strong, even with so little energy left. He chuckled and I looked at him weirdly.

“I should have known that you would try to exhaust me” He shook his head.

He raised one of his hands and lit it up. His hand came contact with my skin. I screamed in pain and tears were flowing from my eyes. It burned really badly.

“Use your power already” He demanded

“I-I can’t” I choked out. Not satisfied he made the fire bigger. I screamed again.

Dongwoo’s POV

“I-I can’t” She managed to say.

Goddamnit. The only reason I agreed to that bet was to see her power. I’ve been curious since the cafeteria scene and it was eating me up not knowing. I didn’t want to hurt her badly –although she was annoying with her big mouth.

I wanted to know so badly. I made my fire bigger. She screamed again.

*Why aren’t you using it?*

I could hear the disapproving voices from the other members but I know they were just as curious as I was.

“Hurry up and use it or I’ll burn you alive” She still didn’t do anything. Come to think of it, I didn’t see any rings, bracelets, or earring on her. Where is her control device?

“Do not take off your glasses, no matter what, arasseo?”

*Could it be?*

I retreat my hand from her arm and went to her glasses. I swiftly pulled it off.

“No. DON’T” She tried to put it back but I throw it somewh

Please log in to read the full chapter