Chapter 17

Academy for the Gifted Ones
Please log in to read the full chapter

Short but needed. And don't ask me why I'm putting quotes. I just feel like it

 

The word 'happiness' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

                                                                                                              -Carl Gustav Jung

 

 

“I see it worked out for you guys” Sungyeol stated while he and Minyoung were lying under a big tree, enjoying the breeze. “Yeah” She hugged her cardigan closer to her body. It was getting colder, winter was not far away.

“Myungsoo seems to be happier than ever” The other guys were goofing around, enjoying this nice day at the park. Myungsoo indeed was brighter than he was. He started smiling again and talking to others more often. It made her feel warmer due to happiness.

“Say Sungyeol, do you like someone?” She turned her head to the left, giving all her attention to Sungyeol. She smiled knowingly as he slightly blushed. “Y-yes” He tried to cover his stuttering with coughing but failed miserably. “Do I know that person?” Sungyeol hesitated. “Y-yes” Her smiled widened but then it soon dropped. Why? Because she only knew 2 girls aside from herself. Both of them were already in a relationship. Was it the reason why he had been putting up a fake smile lately?

Before she could ask any further question, he stood up and casually walked to the group, leaving her alone under the tree. She brought her knees up to her chest. *It couldn’t be me….right?*

 

Hoya watched from afar as his best friends were having their time of their life. He didn’t feel like joining, heck it wasn’t the first time. Although he loved his friends and they were always by his side but he just couldn’t enjoy himself after he heard that Myungsoo and Minyoung started dating. He knew this was going to happen but knowing it and actually going through it are two different things.

~*~

“Mr. Kwon! It came again!” One of the secretaries said. GD sighed. “Thank you. You may go” The secretary bowed and exited the room.

“How much time do we left?” TOP asked. GD turned around to look at his 4 best friends who had been sitting there. “Not much. Few days maybe” He sighed again.

“You should tell your sister. You’ve been keeping it for too long” Taeyang suggested. “No, I can’t get her involved”

“She is already” TOP said as he read the letter that they just received awhile ago. “His main target is her” GD’s eyes widened. He snatched the paper away from TOP’s grip and read it. He let out a low growl as he crumbled it at tossed it in the bin. “That filthy man” His eyes were burning of anger which made the other jump a little bit. “You will not lay a single finger on my sister”

~*~

“Hey Minyoung, are you okay?” Aetae asked in concern when she saw she was clenching her head. Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and focused on Minyoung. “Baby” Myungsoo dashed to her but Hoya got there faster than he. H

Please log in to read the full chapter