Chapter 15

In It to Win It

A:N/ We're officially over half way through this story with this chapter.... well...just.. There should be 29 chapters, I think, so there's still a lot that's yet to happen.... One of the key ideas I had that made up this story has only been mentioned in passing once...It's proabbly going to come out of no where.... Sorry about that.... Still, everyone seems to be enjoying the story... Just thoguth I'd let you know you've still got a lot left you can (hopefully) love! Enjoy the update!

- -

 

Chunji could feel his smile spreading wide across his face, the closer that he got to the library. Minsoo had spoken to him before their English class had begun, informing him that he'd decided they could go to the library together. He had nodded energetically, enquiring if there was a particular reason they were going to the library. Minsoo had sheepishly told him that he needed more help with this essay.

 

If he was prepared to be honest he would have admitted that he was a little bit disappointed. Still, he was the one that had wanted Minsoo to notice him for his brains in the first place. at least it was going to give them an opportunity to spend more time together. If this went well, he might even ask to hang out with Chunji again. On a real date this time.

 

So instead, he cheered himself up, pointing out that they were at least going to get to spend some time alone together. He never spent time alone with Minsoo. Ever. He should be grateful that things had progressed this far after only 1 assessment task, not be the sort of outing Minsoo had invited him on.

 

He was probably being too judgemental anyway. What gave him the right to criticise Minsoo's choice for their first date? He should just be grateful that Minsoo decided to ask him.

 

As he neared the building, he noticed a familiar pair standing on the front steps. His heart raced a little bit faster recognising the broad shoulders and tall frame of Minsoo. They were still in their school uniforms, but he looked so handsome in it. He wasn't sure he'd be able to handle it if he'd seen Minsoo in his own clothes.

 

He'd probably look a hundred times more attractive then.

 

He looked down at his own uniform feeling a little disappointed. He didn't look anywhere near as amazing in his uniform as Minsoo did. He was so sure that if he'd been able to run home and change his clothes, he could have made himself look almost as good. But he didn't have time. Minsoo had set their meeting time as half an hour after school started, saying he had some errands he needed to do before he could come to the library.

 

Chunji had tired to be understanding, and agreed event though it meant that he'd spent the last half an hour pacing around town distractedly, just waiting for time to fly past so he'd be able to see Minsoo again. He didn't want to wait out the front of the library, in case Minsoo realised how early he'd arrived and read something into it.

 

But Minsoo wasn't alone on those front steps. An all too familiar girl was standing with him, automatically drawing a discontented frown from Chunji. Minyoung. He scowled at the couple chatting calmly on the library steps. His eyes trailed up her bare legs, noting with disgust how short her skirt got when she leant up to drape her arms round Minsoo's broad shoulders in a light hug. He almost had to cover her with his hand so that he wouldn't see anything obscene.

 

How a girl like her ended up beating him last year, he had no idea. But she wasn't going to pull that stunt twice. He'd kept a very close eye on her grades, and even after only one task, he'd left her far behind. His marks demolished hers. There was no way she'd be able to interfere with his plans. He was going to claim Minsoo for himself and there was nothing she'd be able to do about it. The year before had just been a fluke.

 

But then, what was she doing here, anyway? He knew that the couple had been pretty open about flaunting their relationship to the other students in their grade, but why would Minsoo bring here here today? To the best of Chunji's knowledge, the couple had split up, hadn't they? Wasn't that what Niel had been telling him just the other day?

 

But when he saw the way Minsoo leaned in, pressing a pretty heated kiss to her lips, his hands sliding down to that far too short skirt, caressing the skin he found there, Chunji had to look away.

 

Apparently not.

 

He almost choked on his own sobs, but he pushed the pain aside, with a hiccup. His tears were welling in his eyes, so he brushed the back of his hand against them angrily. Tears came to him far too easily. His heart throbbed painfully but he tried to ignore it. He was so disappointed to find out that CAP was still seeing his old girlfriend, but he couldn't let himself dwell on it.

 

All he really wanted to do was to run home and have a cry about it, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He'd given his word that he'd be there to see Minsoo that afternoon, and as much as it hurt to know the other boy was not single, he didn't really want to give up on him either. As sad and pathetic and childish as it was, the thought of getting to spend some time alone with Minsoo still made him a little happy, even if it did make the ache in his heart grow as well.

 

He scuffed the ground with the toe of his shoe, as he watched the couple separate, Minsoo heading into the library and Minyoung walking away. Stupid L. Joe just always had to be right about these things, didn't he?