He is Back

A Fool's Only Tears


"He is back", Dara's eyes started to lose focus as a tear roll down on her face. The way she feels was unexplainable, She was happy and scared at the same time. She can't believe what she just heard.

 

"What?" she stutter. 

 

"Hyung is back", tears start dripping on her face as she stood up.

 

"Really?" she was smiling to herself as she wipes her tears. She waited long enough for this day. It was just like a dream of her is about to come true. She'll be able to see him again. "What are we doing here? We better hurry back", she then said with excitement on her tone that just broke Jiyong's heart that make him look away to hide the flash of sadness in his eyes. He doesn’t want to give her the high hopes of Senghyun coming back because he is not sure of what might happen once there path cross. 

 

Dara was about to head to the car but Jiyong grab her wrist making her stop and look at him with questioning eyes. She doesn’t understand why did she even brought her to that place when he knew that Seunghyun is back but the reason isn't important to her anymore she just want to head back. She just want to go back to him. 

Dara froze as she saw the loneliness in Jiyong's eyes as he looks at her. 

"Can't you just stay here", those words slip out of his mouth taking her aback.

"But Seunghyun is back, we need to go back. I need to go back"

 

---

A bitter smile crept on Jiyong's face as he sat on the sand feeling the empty space beside him. He doesn’t want to see her broken again; he doesn’t want to see her in pain. He already got enough of it and he just wanted to take her away. But it can't be him. He can't be the one who can heal all her wounds. He isn’t the guy who will complete her and would mend her broken heart. His name is not the one she's calling for and he never would be that guy that she longs for. 

"I like her more than I should and I hate myself for wanting to have her even though I knew I could never make her happy"

 

----

Dara's POV

I was sitting on the stairs in front of his door, holding a stick and was drawing faces on the floor as I wait for him to return home. I don't know how to explain my feelings right now. My heart is beating fast inside my chest and I wonder if ts from happiness or just because I'm getting scared and nervous. I don't know how I will start when I see him. What will happen once I face him? Would he be angry at me? Well maybe, he got the right to be angry anyway. But I hope he'll forgive me. I hope....

 

My thoughts got cut off as I heard a car park not far away. I held on my locket as my heart start to throb fast. 

 

"It's such a busy day", my eyes widen hearing his voice. He is really back. My Seunghyun he has returned. I stood up from my seat wanting to see him, wanting to run to him but my feet got frozen on the spot. 

 

Seunghyun got his arms linked with a very beautiful girl they were talking and laughing together as they walk their way to his apartment where I was standing. I feel like being struck by the lightning watching the two figures in front of me. I wanted to scream to cry my eyes out to pull him away, but then I don't have the right to do so. He is no longer mine. 

 

Is this what he felt when he saw me with another guy. It hurts so badly. I—

 

Our eyes met and it feels the time stop between the two of us. I try to fight back my tears and force a small smile on my face.

 

"What are you doing here?" his voice was cold and distant.

 

"I—I", I stutter as my brain starts malfunction. The way his eyes look at mine is not very familiar to me, he never look at me like that before. His eyes were emotionless, blank and cold as they pierce mine. 

 

"You must be Dara, right?" the girl cut off as she smiles at me taken me aback. How did she know my name?

 

"Yes", I answer.

 

"I'm Eunhye", she said as she offer me her hand which I shyly take. Her eyes widened as our skin touch. "Omoo, your hands are freezing you must be waiting outside for hours"

 

"Well, I—”

 

"Being a fool wasting your time", his cold voice cut off as he diverted his gaze looking annoyed. 

 

"Yah! Seunghyun", the girl gave her a look before she once turn to me. "Sorry I think he got a period. Do you want to come inside and have some coffee to warm you up?"

 

"No, I'm okay. I just drop by after hearing he return. I'm glad you're back"

 

He smirk "You're glad, really?" there is sarcasm in his voice. 

 

Does he hate me that much? Well, what do I expect?

 

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have bothered you this late. I think it’ll be better for me to go. I'll just come back next time", I said as I feel my chest restricted from the pain. 

 

“Don’t— I’m really tired”, there was more in his words and I can feel it.

 

“Seunghyun”, the Eun Hye called his attention. “I think you should give Dara a ride home”

 

“What?!?”

 

"It's already late so I think it'll be better if you drive her home", Eunhye said glancing at him.

 

They have this mini staring battle before Seunghyun rolled his eyes sighing. "Fine", he said in defeat. 

 

"Take care on your way", Eun hye said as she wave us goodbye.

 

"You don't really need to send me home", I told him in a low tone as he walked me toward his car. I knew he doesn’t even want to.

 

"Can't you just hurry?"

 

I walked silently behind him as he leads me to his car. As were finally alone I can't help watching him. I missed him I really do but even though he is sitting right beside I still miss him so bad. They were right he isn't the Seunghyun from before. He acts different and extremely cold toward me and I can't blame him. I was at fault. I hurt him. 

 

---

 

"Mianhae", her words is sincere but he doesn’t want to get hurt anymore making it hard for him to distinguish what's real. 

 

"I know I've hurt you and I'm really sorry about that"

 

"Sorry? Yeah I hope that can take away all the pain you had cause me"

 

"I tried to look for you—“

 

"What?" he laugh sarcastically "why would you even bother to look for me when you threw my love away? Why do you have to appear in front of me again? Is the pain you cause me isn't enough yet? “She can feel his pain his anger. 

 

"Mianhae", is all she can say as finally tears roll down. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

 

"I'm happy now and so are you? Can't we leave it just like that?" he said closing his eyes as he doesn’t want to look at her stain face. It would only make him weak. He already decided to let go, he can't be shaken, he told himself.

 

 "Seunghyun I—“

 

"If you’re planning to asked me to be friends with you again?" he shook his head "I'm sorry, I don't even want to be your friend anymore"

 

~o0o~

 

A/N:

8 0r 10 chapters

 

Scratch that I don’t think I can make this one only 10 chapters. But this ff is almost ending. They already receive enough pain. Let's not make them suffer anymore.

 

Thanks for being patient with me. Until the next update

 

Annyeong!