Act as if Nothing's wrong (Dara ver.)

A Fool's Only Tears

SanDara's POV

 

I keep checking my clock as I waited for them to arrive it's been 30 minutes since I arrive in the airport and there plane is already landing at this time. I fix up myself combing my hair with my hands as I saw some camera flashing. That means only thing the top boy group has finally return from Japan. I stand on my toe as people start crowding up to see them. Daesung gave them a warm smile as usual waving to those fans who were screaming their lungs out. I was expecting the same from Seungri who enjoy attention the most but when I spotted him his head was bowed down and he wasn't looking good. 

 

"Noona!" I heard Dae called the same instant Seungri glance at me.

 

"Welcome back", I said not really sure if they heard me since I was still in a few distance but then Seungri rush his way and evolve me in a tight hug. 

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked confuse as he began sobbing. Bae, Dae and GD walked toward us. Jiyong shook his head upon seeing their maknae. Their body guards are already around us to protect us from the fans and the cameras trying to take a pic of what's happening.

 

"What's the matter?" I mouthed at him but he just shrugs his shoulders. 

 

"Are you alright?" I asked Seungri as I patted his back.

 

"I'm so sorry", he keeps on saying.

 

"Seungri?"

 

"Yah! Stop that act", Jiyong grab his shirt from the back and pull him away from me. 

 

"I'm so sorry", he once again mumbles as he wipe his tears with his sleeve.

 

Sorry for what? I was clueless.

 

"Gross panda", Bae remark as he look at Seungri stain face with disgust. "You’re ruining your image"

 

"Mianhae, I just— miss noona so bad", he seems to choose his words correctly.

 

"Aisht! Fix yourself so we can get back to van", he gave him one last look before he walked toward me. 

 

"Sorry about that. Sometimes that panda can't control his emotion", Jiyong told me with a apologetic smile.

 

"It's alright", I assure him as I look back at him. Jiyong face use to be calm and relax the way I remember it but it seems his worried about something.

 

"Is there something I need to know?"

 

Jiyong paused and look at me for sometime before pressing his lips together making me a little bit nervous.

 

"Everything is going to be fine", he then said patting my head before he walked his way to their van.

 

The whole day I hung out with the boys listening to their stories. Yes, the concert was a lot of success they meet up a few friends, do work and chill out, but never did he came up in their stories about their visit in Japan. They did lots of things in Japan but I can feel they omitting some details in their stories and sometimes Dae and YB got a little bit obvious with all the coughing and kicking. I wanna asked what was it but somehow I felt scared of what might be the thing that they were trying to hide from me. Would I’ll be able to handle it if they tell me what's wrong.

 

Seungri turns silent the whole time, he never looks at me and keep on drinking anything that YB gave to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if his bladder explode anytime soon with all those fluids his been drinking ever since we arrive in their building. I look at Jiyong feeling worried since I'm not use seeing Seungri like this but he just shrug it off and told me to let him be. The girls came at the afternoon making the atmosphere a little livelier since Bom bring out some cold can of beers.

 

---

 

Everyone was having a good time when suddenly Dara stood up from her seat and hurriedly went to the living room. Everyone actually turn to her feeling a little worried that they might have said something that they shouldn’t. Jiyong look at the three boys who just shook their heads assuring him that they didn’t tell her anything. Their heads turn to the direction of the living room as they heard the TV turn on.

 

“OH MY GAWDH!!”, CL exclaimed with her eyes wide open as she realize something.

 

“What’s the matter?”

 

“It’s TOP. His performance would be broadcasted today”, upon hearing that everyone pick up their cans and hurriedly proceed to the living room.

 

“Mind if we join you?” Bom said as she took the sit beside Dara who’s was sitting on the sofa eyes fix on the TV. She just gave them a slight nod.

 

Everyone turn silent as finally TOP appear in the screen they can’t help glancing at Dara who was engross watching him.

 

Her tears started to flow nonstop as the light form the television makes it glitters on her face. She bites her lower lips controlling the sob as her tears continue to drop. Everyone was silent as they watch her. They feel their pain and it hurts them knowing that they can’t do anything for their friends.

 

Bom wrap her arms on Dara as she as well try to fight her tears.

 

"gwaenchana?" those word doesn’t come out of anyone lips as they know she wasn’t. She'll just lied about it but it’s too obvious that she isn’t fine.

 

---

 

That night Dara shower herself with her sorrow as she roll up in bed crying her eyes out.

 

It hurts like hell hearing every word from him. She felt his pain in his song. She saw the sorrow in his eyes and she know she cause all that.

 

 "I am wrong. Mianhae jeongmal mianhae", she said sobbing.

---

 

 

few months later....

 

"Wazzup yeoreobun?!" A cheerful Dara enter the practice room with bags of food in her hands. Since then it has been her daily hobbit to pass by the YG building ang bring food to her hard working friends. 

 

The boys feel dead silent the moment she enters even though she always visit them they where shock seeing her that day. Confusion struck Dara as she look at their expression. It was as if they didn't expect her there.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"Noona thanks for the food but I think you need to go now?" Seungri said approaching her as he was the first one to go back to his senses. 

 

"Why? Am I no longer welcome here?"

 

"Ani, it’s not that but it’s not the right time for you to be here", Daesung added as he helps her with the food and Seungri guide her to the door.

 

"Why? What's going on?" Dara asked dumb folded. 

 

As Dae open the door Jiyong came in view his eyes widen seeing her.

 

"Jiyong", Dara call his name in recognition. Jiyong look at Seungri then grab Dara's wrist as he finally got the situation.

 

"Let's go?"

---

 

"Ji where are we going exactly", Dara asked confused as Jiyong drove past cars in speed. "If you’re planning going to heaven I swear I'm not coming", she said as she grab on her seatbelt making Jiyong chuckle as he lessen their speed. It was a good sign that she and her humor is still there making him relaxed a little.

 

"That’s much better" 

 

"sorry, I wasn’t planning scaring you or something" 

 

"That’s good. But what’s up with you guys?"

 

"what?" he asked innocently.

 

"Come on, those two literally push me out the practice room while you pull me out the yg building. Am I no longer allowed there?" 

 

"Of course not, you're very welcome there you know that", he assured her with a smile. 

 

"Well that’s a relief I thought I did something bad for you guys to acted like that" 

 

Ji smile “I just want to take you out just for a change. You are always stuck in the same places" 

 

"So where are we going captain Ji?" Dara answer playfully as she watches the trees they pass outside her window. 

 

"Just some place", he answer knowing where he should go.

 

---- 

 

"kyahhh!!" Dara jumps in glee as soon as she gets off the car. She raise both her hands feeling the cold breeze as she smile at the wide ocean. She loves the ocean that much and it has been awhile since she visited one. 

 

She started playing on her own on the shore running from the wave and Jiyong can’t help but smile seeing her having fun. 

 

"uwahhh!!!" Dara shriek as Jiyong suddenly grabs her and push her to the waves before he runs to save himself from getting wet. The kid play goes for about an hour as they run and tease each other. Every problem has been forgotten as they just enjoy and savor the moment.

 

Finally exhausted from playing, the two sit on the sand. Dara got conscious as she felt Jiyong gaze on her. She looks at him with questioning eyes. 

 

"I wish I had brought you here sooner". Jiyong said.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"It's been awhile since I saw you smile and laugh for real"

 

 "Hahaha, what are you talking about", 

 

"And the facade face is back again", she was taken aback. With that her smile drops as the mask shuttered in pieces. 

 

He knew all along. She thought she has been doing a good job keeping herself happy in front of everyone else. Making them believe that she finally got a grip of it. That she is no longer miserable. She thought it was working fine, even Bom believe in her that she no longer sleep over that often. But Jiyong saw past through her mask. 

 

"I know you are not ok and I know I might make you feel worse right now"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Jiyong looks far away as he gathered his thought. He actually doesn’t want to drop the bomb but he has too. He doesn’t want to be unfair to her. 

 

"You know I really wanted to bring you to a faraway place where you can forget all your worries and live all your pain behind (*just like what hyung did) that's why I brought you here thinking it might help you forgot for awhile", he chuckle to himself knowing that other thoughts that came into his mind. 

 

"It really did help me, thanks"

 

"No— Don't thank me because I just thought of that reason halfway here. The truth is I just want to drive you away. I was just being selfish", he told her. 

 

"Drove me away?" Dara got all confused “Ji you are not making any sense—“

 

 "He is back", Jiyong cut her off meeting her gaze. "Hyung is back"

 

 

 

~o0o~