Realization

A Fool's Only Tears

 

Dara's POV

They said that you will only realize how important something is when you already lost it and they were absolutely right about that.

I wipe the tears that were blocking my sight as I reach for the brightest star on the sky. I guess I had made the biggest mistake in my life. A bitter smile crept on my lips as I hold on to the locket hanging on my neck.

I still don't understand what love is.

And why it's only getting farther away from me.

But just like a fool I am sitting outside of his doorstep waiting for him to arrive.

Longing to see him again.

 

D-Day

I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with flowers and friends. I asked him what kind of wedding he wished for, he said, “One that will make you my wife.”

I smile as I remember Seunghyun's words from before but where is he now? The smile instantly faded on my lips as I let go of a long sigh. Why would I expect him to be here if I had already hurt him?

"Are you okay", Bom asked as she fixes my hair.

I gave her a nod as I stood up from the chair I'm sitting. We were already at the dressing room fully dress for the ceremony. I walked toward the large mirror on the side, my hand on my stomach breathing deep.

"I'll get you a glass of water", Bom volunteered and went out.

I had felt the uneasiness in my stomach as I look at myself in the mirror. Why am I feeling like this? Is it because I'm nervous? I stare at myself for quiet long letting go of a long sigh.

It's my wedding day, every girl should be happy in her wedding, right?

But why am I feeling like this?

Why does it felt wrong?

Why do I feel empty?

The door creak open and my eyes widen as I saw his reflection on the mirror.

"You’re beautiful", I can feel my cheeks hot as I heard those words coming from him.

It's been a long time since I last saw him. He avoided me after that incident in the beach. That incident when he told me that he still loves me. That he can no longer fulfil his promise of being by my side cause it kills him to see me in the arms of another man.

I step forward but then hesitated. This is wrong I shouldn't feel this way towards him; we were already over but...

"Come here", he said opening his arms cutting me from my thoughts.

I didn't know how it happens but I found myself in his arms, my body starts to move on its own. Entwining my hands on his waist as I buried my face on his chest the tears start to form on my eyes as I long to felt his warmth.

"I'm sorry", I softly mumble my voice kindda shaky.

“Shhh, don’t you dare cry. You’ll ruin your make up”, he chuckle as he rest his chin on my hair cooing my back.

“I thought you’re not going to come”

He put his hands on either side of my face and held me so that I could not get away from him, and he could read my eyes as if I were a broken code. This is something I'm afraid of, letting him stare deep in my eyes while I got lost in his.

"I'm here, Dara", his words sound sad as he keep holding me in place still his eyes locked on mine.

"I just want to make sure of one thing"

I look at him confuse.

"Are you happy?"

'Am I happy?'

Yes, I am. I'm really happy to see him again. I’m happy to be in his arms at this moment. As I look at his eyes for a moment, I then realize how much he meant to me. The feeling I use to feel and I keep on denying for the past months were so strong.

I press my lips together as I lock my eyes on him. I nodded as I felt a tear roll down on my cheeks and he quickly wipes it off with his thumb and a small smile curve his lips though it didn’t reach his eyes.

"Then don't cry"

I saw pain in his eyes as he continues to look at me. He suddenly leans forward and I felt his lips on my forehead. He gently kisses it before letting me go.

I couldn't find my voice as he let go. I look at him as he steps backward. I was frozen on my place as I realize his about to leave.

'don't'

My voice still didn't find its way out of my mouth as he bowed down and started to leave. I felt the air knocked out of my chest as I watched him go. As the door closes, my knee got weak and tears continue to roll down on my face.

 ---

"dont...."

"leave"

Her voice finally comes out but it was already too late, he was gone. Her chest felt real tight and heavy as she stare at the door, she was fighting back her tears but she failed. Her eyes started to get blurred full of tears as it keep streaming down her face as her knees became weak. She falls down on her knees still eyes locked at the door.

Bom run in panicked as she found her friend looking all broken staring at the door.

"Oh my God, Dara. Are you alright?"

"I still love him", she said in between sobs.

"Gawdh, Dara did you just realize it now?" Bom run her hands on her hair feeling frustrated. "I don't really know what I'm going to do with you guys. You keep on denying what is obvious while he" she rolled her eyes "he should have taken you away, now I had to do all the work"

"So I guess we need to cancel this wedding"

"But Jaejoong?" Dara look at her friend.

"Do you love him"

"He is nice, I don’t want to—“

"Err—I’ve been hearing that nice word in repeat but I never heard you say that you love him"

"He saved me"

"But you cannot tie yourself to him just because of that"

Dara kept silence.

"You said he is nice so I guess he'll understand. Go after him before it's too late, Dara. I'll take care of everything here", she smile and Dara clamps her into a tight hug.

"Thank you"

 ----

Dara's POV

I run to his apartment, stopping in front of the door as I don't know if he had already changed the key code. I raise my hand and was about to put in my birth date when the door click open.

"Noona, what are you doing here? You suppose to be—“, he look at me from head to toe since I’m still wearing my white wedding dress.

"Seungri, where is he?" I immediately asked.

"aisht!", he sigh in frustration scratching his head.

"Come on", he then grab my hand and drag me to his car.

"Yah! where are we going?" I try to wiggle free from his hold since he is dragging me away from Seunghyun's apartment. I badly need to talk to him and Seungri is taking me away. I try to fight back the force he was giving just to drag me toward his car. What’s wrong with him?

"I'm bringing you to him noona so please cooperate and stop struggling"

I stop wiggling as I stare at him confused.

"I'll explain everything in the car. Come on"

I ended up sitting in the passenger sit, fidgeting with my finger in nervousness’ as he drove toward the airport. Seunghyun he decided to fly off, to leave me and it was my entire fault.

"Seungri, hurry please", I pleaded.

"I already am", he answer me with a nod as he speed the car.

As soon as we arrives the airport I came running out of his car and find Youngbae just in front the entrance standing looking above. I guess he heard the thud sounds coming from my heels as he turns around toward my direction. His eyebrow creased as he looks at me running toward him.

"Where is he?" I once again asked.

He eyed me from head to toe before answering. Okay, I haven't change clothes. I really don't have time to do that, do I?

"He is gone"

My eyes widen in shocked as I felt something blocking my throat. My chest getting tighter and heavy, eyes getting blurred and my whole body shaking as I hear those words from him, he can’t be gone.

"No", I croaked.

"no, no , no!!!!!!" I shook my head not wanting to believe what he had said.

'He won't leave me, he won’t.'

"Dara", Youngbae try to assist me grabbing my elbow but I push him away.

"NO", I once again utter.

I run inside the airport calling out for his name on the top of my lungs. Passenger looks at me like I'm someone who just lost her mind but I really don’t care. I just need to find him, to apologize to him and to tell him how much I love him. After searching the whole airport for him and despite of my tremendous screaming for his name he didn't come out, he didn't appear in front of me.

'Is he really gone?'

I drop on my knees as tears continue to flow on my checks. I haven’t cried for others like this before, I haven’t showed others the care I had given him, I haven’t treated others the way I’m treating him and I haven’t loved anyone the way I’m loving him and that is something I just realize right now.

This is my entire fault. If I didn't let other words affect me then I should have never leaved him. He should have never leaved me. I shouldn't have been blind of how I really felt for him. I shouldn't have denied those feelings. I shouldn't have pretended that I no longer love him. Cause ever since I didn't stop having those feelings for him. He didn't stop making my heart do summersaults inside my chest whenever he caresses my face when he still thought that I was still asleep. He didn't stop in making my heart race in just his simple gestures. But I had denied all of that and now I regret it.

I am already tired of all the running and screaming and my voice were already gone. I felt hopeless as I buried my face in my palms crying my eyes out. My chest starts to tighten making it unbearable to breath. I felt a hand wrap on me as slowly everything got dark.

'Seunghyun' I softly mumble before my eyes shut.

~o0o~