THE CALL

A Fool's Only Tears

Seunghyun's POV

 

Yeah, I thought I wouldn't be able to live even one day without you


But somehow I managed to live on (longer) than I thought


You don't answer anything as I cry out "I miss you"


I hope for a vain expectation but now it's useless

.

.

.

Am I supposed to smile?

 

I continue to asked myself as I look at all the people, cameras and fans as all of the attention was focus on me as I walked in the building for my first appearance in a show. It's been awhile since I've been surronded with people I barely known and at this moment I just felt lost. Is this the world I used to belong to? Is this really the world that I want? Or has my dreams already change?

 

"Give me 10 minutes"

 

""Okay, mr. Choi will call you then if it's time", the crew then said as he went to check the other guest.

 

I look at myself in the mirror heaving a sigh trying to calm my nerves before reaching out for the phone on the side. And dialling a familiar number. I put the phone on my ear, eyes close while waiting for the other line to pick up.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

 

My eyes slowly opens after hearing her voice, it's been awhile since I last called and it seems everything is going well from her side. I shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff since it's against the rules given by hyung but I just can’t help it. I call her once in awhile just to check on her or more over trying to stole a few moments like before.

 

"nuguseyo?" she repeated and I just stay silent on the other line as always. At this moment I need to hear her voice to continue moving forward. I know she's happy now and I just don't want to ruin everything by telling her how miserable I am missing her every time.

 

I missed you. I missed you so much.

 

Those word where stuck inside my throat as tears started to form on my eyes.

 

I missed you so much that I think I could die.

 

A gentle hand landed on my shoulders and I look at my side seeing Eun hye looking at me with worried eyes. I look up the ceiling fighting back the tears as I ended the call. Why do I always shaken with the thoughts of her, I already decided to let go.

 

"Mianhae", I told her apologetically as I handed her phone. "I wasn't really planning on calling her I was just—"

 

"You don't have to explain yourself", she cut me off with a smile. "Don’t worry I won’t tell sangjangnim about this since there isn't really anything to tell", she then said sounding a little bit disappointed. I look at her as she sat down in front of the mirror  as she looks at my reflection ."Just do good later, araseo?"

 

"Nae", I reply with a smile as I walked toward her. I place my hands on the chair she was sitting and look at our reflection in the mirror. She was wearing her usual get up of loose shirts and jeans with her messy hair tie into two pigtail on the side. She looks at me curiously as a small smile curve on my lips as I remember the photos of her before that I accidentally saw in her phone. She'll definitely be pretty if she'll change her style but I guess since she lost him, she already forgot to dress up.

 

Maybe it's my turn to give back.

 

For the past months she had help me survive in the world far away from Dara. She's always there when I need a drinking buddy or someone to talk to when I'm feeling like dying and somehow she manages to get her out of my head for some time. And she understands me better than anyone.

"Since you've been really good to me, shall I treat you to dinner?" I then asked as I was really grateful of having her here.

 

“Expensive dinner?”

 

“Tss”, I chuckle as she look at me squinted eyes. “Fine expensive dinner”

 

“Call”, she said standing up smiling ear to ear. “Now, off you go”, she turn me around and push me to the door but then stop half way. The next thing I knew is, her hand wrap into me as her face is buried on my back.

 

"Eun Hye?" I asked worried since she turn silent.

 

"I— I don't have the words to make you feel better, right now. But I do have the arms to hug you, I have the ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and I—", she paused onece again and I just stay silent waiting."I have a heart thats aching to see you smile again. So please be strong", her hands slowly loosen and I can feel her step back.

 

"GO!" she gave me a light push telling me to go since we already heard the PD calling.

 

"Eun hye", I was about to turn around to see what's wrong since she got her head bowed down but once again she push me to the door.

 

"Just go, you promise me that you'll treat me to dinner so just finish this quickly. OK" she manage to get me to the door but before it closed I already grab her hand and make her face me.

 

"Are you alright?"

 

"Yah, what are you talking about I'm fine", she said trying to pull a stupid smile on her face though I caught the sight of the treatening tears in her eyes.

 

"What's wrong?" I once again asked with the most gentle voice I can manage.

 

She look away wiping that tear "I just don't like seeing you like that. I somehow remember the old me"

 

The old her? The one that lost her fiance, the broken girl who almost take her life. Withouth a warning I pull her to me giving her a tight hug.

 

"Mianhae, this will be the last. I promise"

 

 

 

 

 

 

>>>Back in Seoul

 

“Who is it?” Jiyong asked as he appears beside me placing his jacket on me making sure I wasn’t cold.

 

“I— don’t know”, I answer as I hold onto my phone tighter.

 

“This is not the first time you receive such calls should we report it?”

 

“ANI!” I answered in panic making him startle. “the caller didn’t really done any harm, there’s no need for that”

 

“If you say so then kaja”, he then said as he leads me toward his car. He has been bringing me back and forth from my apartment lately worried that I might do something stupid after Seunghyun came out.  Well, everyone is worried about me since they said I’m always spacing out. Seunghyuns been appearing in the television once again. I felt like I see him everywhere and that’s something that drive me crazy, right now. They said I’m looking at the television screen like I’m gonna jump in it anytime soon. I guess I really missed him so bad.

 

“Few more months Dara, few more months”, I told myself in repeat every day.

 

I sat in silent fidgeting my phone as Jiyong cars started to move. I almost forgot he was there since once again I was lost in deep thought when I suddenly feel his hands brush my cheeks. I glance  at him startle.

 

“Are you alright?” he asked worried.

 

“Yeah”, I answer meekly looking down at my hands holding the phone.

 

“Do you think it’s hyung?” The car suddenly stop as he let go of that question and I just keep my head down.

 

“I don’t know”

 

“Are you really alright with this?”

 

“I’m fine. You guys don’t have to worry”

 

“I’m worried”

 

“You don’t have to. I’ll be fine”, I assured him with a smile before I say my goodbye.

 

I lay on my bed faced down burying it on my pillow as I once again took my phone inside my pocket. I can feel it was him, I don’t know how but my guts is telling me it’s him.

 

“Please call again, please”, I silently prayed.

 

~o0o~

MOVING FORWARD

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

Days and months past by and everything seems to be going smoothly with my projects and life here in Japan. I somehow getting used of my new life here without having any worries, since Eun Hye is always there to take care of it for me. She’s also one of the things I’m already used to. It felt like we truly did start to have a new life here.

 

“Seunghyun!” Eun hye called out waving his hands in panic as she was afraid that were going to run late in our schedule. She was already beside the car wearing a black dress, killer heels and even having make up on. A small smile curve my lips as I remember how did she end up this way.

 

The nerdy looking Eun Hye that I once knew started to fix herself since I throw her eye glass away on our way to one of our schedule, irritated with the stupid looking glasses. She was mad ranting this and that in the car as she explained that she can’t see without them on. If I hadn’t told her that I already planned in buying her eye contact my ears might have fallen off. I was glad that I throw that thing since I won’t be dragging along an old lady during wrap up parties. And so we decided to throw away the old us when we went on a one week vacation in a beach in the country side and that starten lighten up everything.

 

---

 

 

“Here’s the copy of the script for the drama. They really wanted to cast you”, The guy said as he handed him the copy of the script.

 

“This is a big break”, Eun Hye blurted as it was one of the great offer they receive from a great director.

 

“We’re not taking it”, Seunghyun said after looking at the script.

 

“But this is good in your career plus your going to be the lead”

 

“No!”, he said firmly.

 

“But—”

 

“If you want it then cast yourself. I’m not interested”, he throw the script on the table and left.

 

“Yah, Choi Seunghyun!!!”

 

Eun Hye pick it up and read the plot, she then heavy a sigh after realising why he don’t want to take it. There is a scene that will have to take place in Korea. He isn’t ready to go back and she understands. Pain is what he left in Korea and he wasn’t ready to face it.

 

---

 

“Seunghyun-shii?” she called peeking inside his room.

 

He was sitting on the side of his bed back facing the door. She slowly climb up to reach his side.

 

“Seunghyun-ah, aren’t you going to talk to me”, he didn’t respond.

 

He has been ignoring her after the talk about the drama that wanted to cast him. She even try giving him bribes to make him agree or just to make him speak but that makes him unresponsive right now.

 

“Mianhae”

 

“…”

 

“I already said no to the project. You  don’t have to worry about it”, she waited yet still no reaction.

 

“fine, I‘m leaving”, she said in a sad low tone while pouting.

 

Seunghyun sigh as she heard her heavy footsteps while she walks away, he turn around.

 

“Eun Hye!” the girl stops and turn to look at him.

 

“Come here”. He then said opening his arms. Eun Hye smiles as she run toward him.

 

“I knew it. You can’t stay angry at me for too long, I’m so adorable”, she wrap her ams around him look up and stick out her toungue.

 

“Wow, conceited are you”, he chuckle “since you did made effort in your appoligies, I forgive you”

 

“You drink the coffee?” she asked as she remember bribing him with her masterpiece.

 

“Yup, it’s sweet”, he said resting his chin on her hair as they cuddle each other.

 

“Thank you”, he then whisper.

 

“For what?” she once again look up trying to meet his eyes.

 

“For understanding, you’re the best manager I had”

 

“Uhmm, your welcome”, she chuckle. “Well you’re the most handsome, stubborn talent I had ever manage”

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment”, he chuckle once again as he hug her tighter. “You’re really a yedongsaeng I always dreamt off”

 

“Yedongsaeng?” she said in shocked pushing him away.

 

“Yes”, she pouted upon hearing his response.

 

“Don’t you really find me attratice?”

 

He bite his lips trying to fight back his laugh as she starts fidgeting with her fingers.

 

“Well, sometimes”

 

“Hmp”, she turn her head away with a pout. “I’ve always find you attractive, jerk”, she softly mumble feeling embarrassed.

 

“You what?”

 

“Nothing”, she turn away and was about to leave but Seunghyun was fast enough to grab her waist and lift her up on his shoulders carrying her like a sack.

 

“Yah! Bring me down”, she yelled.

 

“No, not until you repeat what you’d said”

 

“I didn’t say anything”

 

“Alright then”, and so he spin making her squeal and kick.

 

“Fine, fine I’ll talk just put me down”, a victourous smile form on his lips as he put her down.

 

“Now, tell me what you said about me”, he said taking a step forward.

 

“I—”, her words got cut off as she took a step backward and the back of her knees accidentally bump on the edge of the bed. Her eyes widen in horror as she reach out to hold onto him as Seunghyun’s hand snake on her waist supporting her so she won’t fall down. Their eyes meet as silence evolves between the two as their faces was only few inches away from one another as their heartbeats started to race.

 

‘Maybe she can help me forget’, he thought as he lessen the gap between their faces.

 

 

~o0o~

A/N:

Two Chapters in One update..

I'm to lazy to seperate them since they're just short chappies..

hope you don't mind..

 

Just wanna say

everyone... long time no see..

I've been busy and extra lazy for the past days and hasn't been able to leave a msg last update

jeseohabnida

And So our tabi was released since chapter 3 and now look where he is now..

I should have keep him hostage..kkk..

And now

Dara's w/ Jiyong and Top's w/ Eun Hye

And the ending has been already finished last summer

Are you guys ready for it?

I'll see you again on the next update..

advance merry christmas and happy new year..

and take note someone's going to fly to japan on the next chappie so you better watch out... ;))

 

feel free to follow me on twitter   @maswimellou

don't worry I'll follow back..you could definately nag me there..^^