About complicated Soul Patterns

Patterned Souls

AN: Thank you for the comments and subscriptions. I really hope that you'll like this chapter <3 

​I know that the things happen to fast, but yeah, I'm not in the mood to drag out the 'let's wallow in self-pity for being alone' parts too much. 


 

Key's P.O.V

I let out an irritated sigh as one of the kids at school was staring at me with hungry, lust-filled eyes. Despite our Soul Patterns not matching, many people had tried to get me before. I hated it. I sent a glare in his direction and he seemed to step back, gulping at my 'oh-so-scary' expression. I scoffed, rolling my eyes as I finally reached my classroom. At least my classmates knew not to mess with me. 

Boys my ages were searching for their soul mates intently. I just didn't really care. I mean, I would have loved if someone finally held me, and got to know the real me, but I didn't believe in fairy tales anymore. My past wasn't as happy as people, even my parents thoughts so. But let's not talk about my dark past...

Sighing softly, I sat at my desk and laid my head on the cool wooden surface. My facade was broken the moment people weren't paying attention to me. I could feel the first tear run down my cheek. I could feel the sadness beat me once again. Who was I kidding? I wanted a mate. I wanted someone to hold me with love and not just look at me like I was a trophy. I wanted someone that would truly love me. My Soul Pattern was one of the complicated ones. I once met a guy whose Soul Pattern consisted of three circles. And that was all. Mine with a lot of flowers and swirling lines (it was on my lower back, but I had seen it since we had to take photos of them for our birth certificates) was extremely complicated and just.. girly. Sometimes I hated it, but sometimes I wondered why I was the one with a Pattern like this. I mean, if your pattern was simple, your chance of finding your mate was the same, AND not. Because if like I've said before, you had three circles on you shoulder, then it was easier to find a matching pattern than if you had many tiny flowers in a swirl of black lines, because the lines could be different, there could be more or less flowers. So yeah, it was harder for me. 

My keen ears picked up the sound of our teacher's footsteps..'Great..'I thought to myself sarcastically as I stood up and wiped my tears away quickly. The teacher greeted us and told is that we would have a new student today. My classmates without mates started whispering excitedly, everyone wanted the new student for themselves. Looking from the outside, I didn't care, but in reality, I wanted them to be my mate more than anyone. Because I wanted to have someone finally. 

Jonghyun's P.O.V.

Another school. I had been to most of the school in my city and I still couldn't find my mate yet. I usually stayed in one school for about two months before switching to a new school. I was extremely eager to get a mate finally. I wanted to love someone and I wanted that someone to love me. Of course, having a complicated pattern didn't help.. Well, everyone had to have someone though, so I wouldn't give up. From what I'd heard from my parents, this school had much more students than my previous one. There was a bigger chance for me to finally find my love. 

I just wanted to hold them and protect them for ever. I knew that I would be a bit too possessive and protective once I met them, but I didn't really care. Also, I had a good feeling about this school. My Soul Pattern had been tingling since I left our house and the tingling was getting stronger as I neared the school. 

I went to the principal's office and talked to him. He was an obviously mated person with a huge, fake smile. He told me about the rules in school, and that I should try to stay in one place for at least this year. Of course, he wanted my parents' money. I rolled my eyes, but smiled back at him and told him that I'd try.  He told me that my teacher was going to come and pick me up once she had told the class that they had a new student. Since I hadn't found my mate yet, most people in the class would want to meet me. 

I could feel my Soul Pattern tingle again, and I could only hope that this meant that finally I would meet them. If it happened, we would be given an hour or so to talk, I had seen this happen many times.

Ten minutes had passed. I could hear footsteps, and tall middle-aged woman appeared. She had black hair that was in a tight bun on the top of her head. She greeted the principal with a huge smile, and I couldn't help but snicker inwardly. They seemed to be hiding the fact that they were mates. 

'You are Kim Jonghyun, right?' the woman asked me, and I nodded.

'Follow me.' she ordered, and I followed her without any question. 'I am Mrs Park.' she introduced herself as she stopped in front of the classroom door. Once again, I could feel my Soul Pattern tingle. It was a good feeling, somehow I knew that they were there in the classroom, waiting for me.

Mrs. Park told me to stay there and wait for her until she tells the students that I am here. I nodded silently, barely able to fight the excitement that was growing as the moments passed. I was almost shaking from the urge to go inside and find them finally.

Mrs. Park disappeared behind the door, and soon I heard the noise from the classroom die down. I took my time to look around the dark corridor, somehow the lamps weren't giving out enough light. The walls were grey and just too plain. I hated this school, and I still liked it, because my mate was here.

Key's P.O.V.

​I laid my head on my desk again as my classmates were 'whispering' too loudly for my sensitive ears. Some whispers were about the new student, some about how strange I was. I could feel another tear wanting to fall, but I refused to let it fall. No, I was stronger than that. Also, a strange power was pretty much pulling me. I wanted to go outside. I didn't know why, but I wanted to. My heartbeat sped up and I could feel the urge to go there strengthen as the door was opened. 

And then, ​he walked in.