Skills.

Electric Shock

Amber was, to her great displeasure, overwhelmed by the house she was about to enter. The driveway was made in stone, flanked by small trees and bushes all the way from the iron gate to the front door. The house itself was three stores, white and probably worth more than Ambers life multiplied by ten.

“You guys have GOT to be kidding me” she said as Henry, as the gentleman he was, Amber found out, opened the door for her once again. Eunhyuk smiled and shrugged. “Surprised?” he asked, and Amber nodded. “This is more worth than I’ll ever make in my life! That is, if I wanted to get a decent job”

“I forgot we’re talking to a criminal here”

“Eunhyuk? Shut up, thank you very much”

She ran a hand through her hair and looked at the big house she was going to be living in. Henry, ignoring the silence treatment-thingy on the backseat, had explained it all to her. There were 3 large bedrooms; One for Siwon and Henry, one for Ryeowook and Sungmin, and one for Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk. Besides that, there was a spare room where she was supposed to sleep. She’d just nodded and mumbled in response. This was her alternative, where else could she go? Back to prison? Oh hell to da no.  So, living with the authority it was.

Remember Amber was surprised about the OUTSIDE of the house? Oh well, the inside was much more impressing. Dark floors and white walls, expensive furniture and just about hundred CD’s and books. In the far end of the room, the wall was replaced with glass out to a garden, and next to the door there was a metal staircase that lead to a rectangular repose where Amber, Henry and Ryeowooks rooms were. She looked around, just taking the room in, and went up the stairs to ‘her room’.

Her room was medium size with light grey walls and a white full size carpet. In the far corner, there was a big and probably expensive bed with black sheets and a nightstand that held a lamp and a little clock. In the other end, a desk in dark mahogany stood, next to a closet in the same color. Amber knew, that even though she fitted every single thing she owned in there, there would still be room for half a mall, and she really felt like the odd man out. She had no money, no rights to the house, not even enough clothes to fit a damn locker. On top of that she felt dirty, sweaty and gross. So she decided to walk into her bathroom (A private bathroom. You guys have to be ing kidding me), clearing herself.

She sighed in relief as the hot water splashed down upon her as she scrubbed her arms until they turned red. It wasn’t until she’d gotten out of the shower she noticed how much of a rag she looked. First of all, her lips were dry, full of marks of every time she’d bitten her lip not to scream as she was abused either ually or physically. Her nails and hands didn’t look much like a girl’s. She’d been a nail-biter since forever, so her nails were short and dirty - or, they were before she went nuts with a brush on them. Her arms, legs and ribs were full of bruises and scratches from different fights she’d been a part of ever since she’d gotten into the illegal environment of Seoul. “I look like ” she thought, “and that’s saying it nicely”.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard a knock on the bathroom door. “Amber? Sorry for interrupting, but I brought you some clothes. I’ll put them on the bed, see you downstairs.” She recognized Henrys voice, and she couldn’t help but smile. He really was a gentleman. “I’ll be down in a minute!” she yelled as he walked out the door, and when she’d made sure Henry was 100% out of the room, she unlocked the door and stepped out, wrapped in a white towel. She looked over at the bunk of clothes on her bed, and noticed a little paper slip. She held it between her index- and middle finger as she read. “Didn’t know what you’d like, but you don’t occur like a dress person. So, no dresses. PS: If you don’t like it, I didn’t buy it. If you do, I totally did. H” She put the paper down, smiling widely and mentally thanking Henry for buying clothes.

After going through the bunch, she found something she felt comfortable in. A sweatshirt in grey and some dark red pants, and she was good to go. She ignored the numbness in her cheek, and went down the stairs.

As she went into the living room, everyone but Kyuhyun was seated. “Amber” he greeted. “Sit wherever you like” and Amber sat. Kyuhyun had that effect on her, somehow. He’d say ‘jump’, and she would probably ask ‘how high?’

She glanced around in the big sofa, noticing that they were all looking at her. Ryeowook sat in the far away corner of the sofa, checking out some photos of God-knows-what next to Eunhyuk who commentated something about each picture. A few feet away were Siwon and Sungmin, typing down something and looking something up, then writing again. Henry was on the other side of the couch, leaning across it, following the action on Sungmins screen.

Kyuhyun gave her a binder, similar to the folder she’d been looking at back at the interrogation room which she opened. Inside, there were some pictures, building plans and a list of people who had anything to do with said building. Amber furrowed her eyebrows, taking the building in eyesight. “Take a look at the pictures and the description. See if there’s anything you’d recognize” Kyuhyun asked, and Amber pulled up a picture. It was a picture of a well-known model from Seoul, Amber had seen her on countless posters out and about. The only difference from the posters and this picture, was that she was very much dead. “Wow, someone’s been mad at her” she mumbled, causing Henry to look over her shoulder. “Ouch” he said, and Amber nodded. “Ouch indeed.” She went on to the next picture, showing a white room with police tape sealing every door and window. In the middle, placed diagonally across each other were two persons: The one was Shin Sekyung; the other - according to the picture description - was Kwon Yuri. Amber furrowed her brows again, placing each photo neatly on the coffee table, then looking directly at Kyuhyun.

“You got yourself a skilled one. Proximately, the killer knew them, or else he or she wouldn’t have gotten this close to them” she said, folding her hands. “Get so close? What do you mean?” Sungmin asked, and Amber tapped at the one picture with a slight smile. “Neither of these two’s got scars of a knife or any other weapon that caused the death. So that leaves us with two options: A sniper or someone they knew.”

 

 

So, whaddaya think? Sorry for letting you wait, boarding school demands my time at day. But as long as I can (until half past eleven during week days) I will be online, otherwise I write. So here you go, a new update, hope you like. And remember: Comments and feedback makes Choisie happy! ^_^