17.

Electric Shock

Henry didn’t bother knocking on Ambers door; he just flew in, knocking said woman over, landing on top of her and leaving her rather stunned. “As much as I like being rolled over by a guy now and then, I COULD’VE BEEN ING LESS OR MORE HALF- RIGHT NOW” she said, and Henry rolled his eyes. “I’ve already seen you like that, remember?” he pointed out, and now it was her turn to roll her eyes. “Shut up!” she replied sharply, and was immediately silenced by Henrys lips on hers. “You’re using the dirty tricks, that’s not fair” she mumbled. Henry just smirked before pulling her down to the living room.

Eunhyuk was lying where she’d killed him the night before. His skin was pale, and his eyes were closed, but other than that, there was nothing to be found. Whilst Sungmin, Ryeowook and Siwon was trying to hush the whole thing down to the press outside their front door, Kyuhyun just kneeled down next to his roommate, and Amber felt a little sting in the heart when she noticed he had been crying. “Mind if I talk to Kyu for a moment?” she whispered to Henry, and he nodded as he walked out to ask the press to off or take it easy.

“Hyung I’m sorry” Amber said, sitting down beside him and placing her hand on his shoulder. She tried not to look down on Eunhyuk, because if she did, she’d just begin to cry. Kyuhyun sighed heavily and bent his head down. “How? How could it happen? And why? Who would want to kill Hyukkie?” he mumbled, probably more to himself than her, and she decided that she’d just stay where she were and comfort him silently. After some time, Kyuhyun began crying soundlessly, and as Amber wrapped her arms around him, her eyes began to sting too. And God how weird it must have looked if you walked into the living room. You’d find a dead man, his devastated best friend and a crying criminal. She swallowed, and sat down, leaning against the couch as she cried, mostly over what she’d done. She felt awful, but she didn’t know why. This is my job. This is who I am. It’s me for Gods sake, it’s the Amber Liu! Who am I kidding, the Amber Liu is a weak coward who’s hiding behind a bunch of lies. What the have I done?

~

“I suppose I don’t have to ask whether you read it or not?”

“Of course I did. I am quite satisfied. Everything worked out well?”

Amber had given Henry another lie and ran off to meet Jia at a café to get her orders from Lee So Man. Jia had been waiting for her as she got there, and Amber noticed that Fei and Victoria were seated a few tables down, hiding behind two coats and a macchiato. Jia sipped her coffee as Amber kept staring out the window, afraid that Henry or any other she knew would be walking down the street any minute.

“So now that the doctor is out of the way, their investigation is going to practically stand still, at least for some time. But I don’t think it’s enough to only kill one” Jia said, and Amber furrowed her brows. “Then you’re going to have to ask Fei or Vic to do it, I’m turning the offer down.” Jia froze in her chair, tilting her head to the side as her subordinate looked angrily at her. “Excuse me?” Amber crossed her arms. “I quit. I don’t want to work like this anymore. I’m done with killing people Jia. I’m no murderer, at least not longer. “Jia laughed and wiped away a tear from the corner of her eye before taking the tomboy in eyesight.

 “Amber, Amber, Amber. I think you’re forgetting just a tiny little detail. You agreed to help me, if I got you out of prison again, and I did, even though So Man was against it at first. You agreed to be my subordinate, which means, follow my every order. And if you don’t…” She reached into her handbag, and outdrew a little, fine injector with red powder. “I have to kill you. On the other hand, being reunited with your Sulli couldn’t possibly be a bad thing, could it?” Jia had Amber pressed up against a wall, and they both knew it. But Amber realized her mistake, only too late to change it, apparently. Now, she had a lot to lose if she didn’t cooperate in contrary to just six months ago where she was a prisoner with nothing but four brick walls and people treating her like to look forward to.

“Forget it. If you would want me dead, you’ve had countless chances to do so” Amber said, and Jia raised an eyebrow. “Are you questioning me?” “Yes I do. Sorry Jia, I’m out.” With those words, Amber took her jacket and left Jia at the table with firm steps. “What about your boyfriend?” Amber froze. “Henry stays out of this. You promised me” she said, turning around to face the pink-haired she-devil who was smiling viciously. “If you don’t belong under my command, the deals we’ve made throughout our friendship doesn’t count, now do they?” Amber looked at the older female in disbelief. Would she go that far? yes. “Now, as I see it, you have two options: His life, or yours.” Amber dropped her bag on the ground, and goosebumps crawled up her arms and neck, and she swallowed hard. “Y-you want me… To kill him?” she asked vaguely, and Jia nodded annoyed. “Yes, that’s what I’m saying idiot. What’s your pick?”

And Amber ran. She sprinted out the café with so much speed that she knocked a man over and nearly got hit by a car, but she ran. And the fact that it was starting to rain heavily didn’t help the situation at all. When she reached the house, pleased to find that the paparazzi were gone, she was soaking wet and chilled to the very bones. She thought about the idea of running away. Just plain run out of the driveway again, and don’t look back. Surely they wouldn’t look for her forever, and even Lee So Man must have some limits when it comes to an obnoxious criminal with anger-problems. Yeah right. You know you can’t leave Henry. You’d only return two weeks after, weeping like a baby. She sighed heavily, then walked to the house while controlling her breath. When she walked in, she noticed that none of the guys were home, probably because of Eunhyuk. She walked to her room, soaking everything on her way up, and flinched as the bathroom door opened behind her.

“What in the s name is this?”

Amber slowly turned around to find Ryeowook stand in the doorway with her little bag of injectors in his hand, and the red powder, looking at her with eyes that said nothing.

------------------------------------

And los drama begins! :o
DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN