20.

Electric Shock

 

Despite the warm weather, Amber was shivering while fastening her (stolen) gun to the back of her jeans as she entered the storage closest to the sea. The smell of rut, rust and dust filled the air she breathed, and the fact that she felt like a deer in headlights didn’t easy the situation. She kept on looking at the door every five minutes so she could hide quickly if anyone should come, even though the quickest way would be killing them now that she had a gun anyways.

The sound of the door being pushed open made Amber hide behind a rusty tank and prepare her gun. Her stomach began churning like crazy when her name was called by none other than Henry himself. “I know you’re here” he said, and Amber swallowed hard. She heard his footsteps getting closer to where she was hiding, and she was afraid her heartbeat would give her away.

“Why are you here?” she asked, running deeper into the room. “To get you home” he answered, and Amber winced. Even though she walked backwards, Henry followed her. “This is not you” he said, and Amber snorted, tightening her grip on the gun. “You don’t know me at all. You may think you do, but there’s no guarantee I’ve been lying for all this time” she spat, and she could hear him sigh. “Please, at least let me look at you.” Amber would have protested, but suddenly Henry sounded tired and exhausted, and a little piece of her wanted to throw the gun out the window and run into Henrys arms. She stepped forward while biting her lip, letting her bangs cover her face. She looked at him and held her gun pointing downwards, and for a moment, none of them spoke.

Suddenly, Amber became the crybaby Jia had stapled her as. She hugged him tightly, and they cried as they just stood there, and Amber felt hopeless. This was the last time she’d see him. This was their last moment, and it only occurred because of Eunhyuk’s death. It only occurred because Jia would kill Henry otherwise. It only occurred because Amber had entered his life six months ago. After thinking about her next move for ten minutes, she let go of Henry, and looked at him with a blank expression.

“Promise me one thing” “Anything” “Don’t follow me. Not you, not any other. Don’t try to find me at any time.” The words literally made Henrys heart shatter into thousand bits and pieces, and when Ambers expression didn’t change, he croaked out a small “Why?” Amber turned around and began walking towards the big window while she spoke. “You’re in danger. Try and find me, and you’ll put your life on the line. I’ve messed enough with your life already. Just… Just trust me” she said, and took a deep breath before turning her head to look at the older boy from the corner of her eyes. “I’m sorry.”

And she jumped out the window. Henry watched as she disappeared through the glass when his legs failed him.
 

The remains of the KIC and another special force found Henry in shock ten minutes later.

 

~ ~ ~ 

 

Amber showed unnoticed up at Eunhyuk’s funeral and watched as he was lowered into the ground with a feeling of throwing up lingering in the back of . She leaned upon a tree, dressed in black coat to cover her from the snow and wind that made her bangs fly across her face.

As the ceremony ended and people headed away, Amber found his face almost immediately. Even though it had only been a month, he looked older, more tired and worn out. She sighed and annoyingly wiped wy the tears that were forming in her eyes and turned to leave.

“You’re not staying to say something or leave a flower?” Amber shook her head at her older colleague as they walked towards the hidden black van. “No. I don’t think it would be appreciated” she said, and Key nodded slowly, opening the door to the vans passenger seat where Amber got in. After starting the car, Amber looked at Eunhyuk’s grave for a long time, before Key interrupted her by clearing his throat. “You okay?” he asked, and Amber nodded slowly. She sighed, and looked out the front window.

“Let’s get out of here” she said, and Key drove away from the church. Soon they hit the freeway, and Amber her abdomen absentminded. Key furrowed his brows. “You are planning on telling, right?” Amber nodded. “If anyone needs to know, it’s him. But not now, not after Eunhyuk hyung.” Key sighed and drove off towards Busan, hardly focusing on the traffic in front of him.

“It’s going to be his kid after all” she said quietly. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Fin--------------------------------------------------------

It's... Done. 20 chapters, 20.000 words and my first ever fanfiction that I've actually finished. HOLY COW. It started on August 26 and it ends on December 19. And I'm getting all sfjbfækjwsegæbrgk because of what you guys have given me. I love you for commenting, rating and subscribing, it means a lot to me. ♥♥