Dying Slowly

One Last Chance

 "What has gotten to you,Yong?" Hong Ki asked. "You're never like that before." 

They were at Yong Hwa's studio again.He was drowning his self with work after Geun Seuk talked to him.
"Is it still you? You've changed." Hong Ki continues to talk to him.
"Everyone changes,Hong Ki." Yong Hwa replied without looking at him. 
"Why do you have to stay away from us? From Shin Hye?"
"Its none of your business."
"Oh yeah? Well its in my business.Tell me.WHY?"
"Because I have to.I can't..Ah! Just don't ask why."
"How can I help you if you won't say it to me?"
Yong Hwa didn't asnwer.Hong Ki grabbed Yong Hwa's collar and pushed him to the wall because of his anger.
"Why do you have to stay away from her,huh? WHY? Can't you see how much you've hurt her?"
"Let go of me."
"Tell me first!"
"ALRIGHT! I stayed away from her 'cause I don't want to hurt her again!" Yong Hwa finally said.
Hong Ki let him go. "That's it? You give up and,that's it?"
"Yeah.That's it."
"You!" Hong Ki suddenly punched him. "You're a coward,a fool.You don't know how to fight for your love!"
Yong Hwa wiped the blood from his lips. "Yeah.I'm a coward,a fool.Call me everything! I don't care now."
"Fine.Don't care.You're really a fool afterall." Hong Ki said before he left.
Yong Hwa got up and punched the glass of the window near him.He was so angry to himself.
"You just don't understand,Hong Ki." he said to himself. "You don't know how much it hurts me too."
***
Yong Hwa and Eun Hye met up in a coffee shop the next day.
"Hey.I've decided that,let's just break up.I know that our relationship won't go any further." Yong Hwa said.
"Yeah,me too.Let's just give each other freedom." Eun Hye replied.
"Thank you for understanding me.Friends?" Yong Hwa extended his hand.
"Friends." Eun Hye smiled. "By the way,I heard from Hong Ki that you had a fight with him yesterday."
"Oh,yeah.Just had a little arguement with that guy."
"Its about Shin Hye,right?"
"Yeah."
"Why don't you talk to her and pick up the things that you two left?"
"Ah.I don't know how.I might hurt her again."
"It isn't too late to try.How can you know if you don't try?"
Yong Hwa thought for a second. "Maybe you're right.But I don't think its the right time."
"Oh,c'mon.You can do it anytime.Courage is all you need."
"I'll try."
"That's right." Eun Hye smiled.
Little did they know that Shin Hye was watching them from afar.She was hurt seeing Yong Hwa being happy with another girl.So she quickly left from their view.
***
Yong Hwa went back to his studio after meeting with Eun Hye.When he got inside his studio,Shin Hye was already there.
"Why are you here?" he asked.
"I saw you and Eun Hye earlier.Seems that you two are getting along now."
"Well,um,its not what you think.We were just--"
"Congratulations.I hope the best for the two of you." Shin Hye turned his back to him and left before he could see her crying.
Yong Hwa can't do anything and just sit on his chair.Tears started falling down from his eyes. "I'm sorry,Shin Hye.But its not what you think.You just don't understand why I'm doing this.I hope you'll understand me."