Accidents And Realizations

One Last Chance

 

"Hey! Let go of me now!" Yong Hwa shouted.
Shin Hye is still grabbing Yong Hwa by his ear as they walk back to Hong Ki's house.
"That's for making me worry.Hurry up now." 
Yong Hwa sighed in defeat and followed Shin Hye to Hong Ki's house.As they got inside Hong Ki's house,they all look relieved when they heard Yong Hwa's voice,butthey started laughing when they saw Yong Hwa shouting in pain.
"Well,here he is.The idiot guy." Shin Hye announced as she let go of Yong Hwa's ear.
"Finally! I guess I'm gonna be wearing a bandage on my ear for a month." Yong Hwa complained as he rubs his ear. "Do you want to remove my ear?"
"I will remove both of your ears if you do that again." Shin Hye warned Yong Hwa. "Mark my words."
"Take it easy Shin Hye-yah.Yong Hwa surely won't do it again." Uee started. "His ear were almost removed.I'm sure he already learned his lesson."
All of them burst out laughing except Yong Hwa.
"Fine.I won't do it again.I promise.But,please don't grab my ear again."
"Alright.But,if you do that again,expect the worst." 
"Alright, you two.Take it easy.You're sweetness are just so high that you might be eaten by the ants here." Hong Ki commented.
Shin Hye made a fake laugh. "Do you want me to remove your ear?"
"Hey,I'm just joking,Shin Hye-yah." Hong Ki replied nervously.
"Hey you guys,stop that now.You three look like children," Uee commented. "Let's just have a party here."
"Sure.Let's mess up this house," Yong Hwa said with an evil grin. "Again."
"Hey you have to help me clean this if you're going to mess up here!" Hong Ki complained.
"Alright,alright.We'll help 'ya." 
********
They had their party in Hong Ki's house until midnight.They helped Hong Ki clean his house because he was complaining about it again.After cleaning the house,they all bid each other goodbye and went home.When Hong Ki went back in his house,he noticed something under the table.When he got it,he saw that it was YongHwa's wallet.
"Oh great.He left his wallet.He'll surely freak out." Hong Ki said.
When he opened it,he was surprised.He saw a picture of Yong Hwa and Shin Hye during their highschool prom. 
"If only those girls didn't bullied her." Hong Ki sighed.
********
While Yong Hwa is driving,he noticed that his wallet was not in his pocket.Still driving,he searched on the drawer at the other side of his car.While he was looking for it,he didn't notice that he was already on the other lane.When he looked up,a truck was about to collide with his car,so he quickly swerved his car away.But he lost control so his car rolled and stopped near the railing of the bridge.
********
"Feel anything bad?" the doctor asked.
"Nothing more.Just my arm and my head." Yong Hwa replied.
"Alright.I'll check on you later."
"Thanks,doc."
He was sitting on the edge of the ambulance.He had a large cut on his forehead and a cast on his left arm.He reached for his pocket to get his phone and dialled Hong Ki's number.After a few rings,Hong Ki answered.
"Yong! You left your wallet here.I kept in in my room."
"Ah.Thanks." Yong Hwa let out a deep sigh.
"You alright Yong? You sound tired."
"I had an accident." 
"What?! Where are you?"
"About 3 blocks from your house,near the bridge.I was busy searching for my wallet and I didn't notice I was already on the other lane."
"You alright now?"
"Yeah.I'm fine.Just a little injury on my arm and forehead."
"I'm going there.Just stay where you are." 
"Ok." Yong Hwa dropped the call.
********
After a few minutes,Hong Ki arrived at the incedent.Yong Hwa saw Shin Hye and Uee with Hong Ki when they arrived.
"Yong! Are you alright?" Uee asked.
"Not really," Yong Hwa replied weakly. "Just another freaking day."
"Yong," Hong Ki got something from his pocket,"Here's the wallet you've been looking for."
Before Yong Hwa could get the wallet from Hong Ki's hand,Shin Hye already snatched it.
"You could've died you idiot!" Shin Hye shouted, "Just for this you already freaked out? What's so special with this wallet anyway?"
When she opened it,she was shocked to see their picture inside,so Yong Hwa quickly snatched it from her hand.
"Don't ever touch things without the owner's permission!" Yong Hwa hissed.
Shin Hye became a little bit scared when Yong Hwa shouted.When Uee saw Shin Hye's expression,she decided to break the tension.
"Woah! Calm down Yong." Uee said,suddenly butting in. "You don't have to shout."
The doctor came back before Yong Hwa could react. "It seems that your arm and forhead only got injured.You can go home now."
Yong Hwa sighed in relief. "Thanks,doc."
Hong Ki and Uee are walking side to side back to the car while Yong Hwa and Shin Hye are behind them.
"Uh,hey." Yong Hwa started, "Sorry about earlier."
"Don't worry about that.I understand.Just be careful next time Yong.I don't know what to do if something bad will happen." 
"Don't worry.I'll be careful next time." Yong Hwa smiled at her and continued walking.
********
Later that night,Shin Hye kept thinking about their picture she saw on Yong Hwa's wallet.
"Why does he still have that?" Shin Hye thought.
She shook her head many times to forget the thought,but she just can't.
"Forget it! Maybe he just... Aish! Just forget it.Forget it."
No matter how hard she tries to forget their past,to forget everything,there's still a fact she can't deny to herself.The fact that she's still inlove with him.