©A TALK WITH THE FISH OVER CEREAL AND MILK©

Just Like Now

~“Hi Yumi! Can’t sleep?” I looked back to see Donghae eating cereal by the kitchen table.~

“Oh my god~” I gasped, putting my hand over my heart, “You scared me! What the hell are you doing here?!”

“I might ask you the same thing.” he smiled.

“I can’t sleep.”

“Same here.”

“So you go down here and eat cereal at-” I checked the small clock on the wall of the kitchen, “Quarter to 1 in the morning?”

“Pretty much.” he shrugged, “Want some? I’ve got coco pops, frosties or just normal cereal bars. Unless you want me to toast some waffles for you?”

“Err… No thanks I’m alright…” I murmured and put the milk back in the fringe. “hope you don’t mind.” I said, referring to the milk I was drinking which was his and Monkey’s. They better not have drunk out of the bottle. That’s just disgusting~

“Oh no… It’s alright,” The Fish nodded, “But milk doesn’t usually work to make you fall asleep.”

“You’ve tried it?”

“Yeah, it doesn’t work on me.” he frowned, “I have insomnia so I think the effects on you will be different.” I raised my eyebrows at him and looked over to the side of the kitchen counter and saw some white tablets scattered by it’s small container. My eyes bulged.

“ARE YOU A DRUGGIE?!” I cried.

“Mwuh- no way! I’m not druggie! What are you talking about?!” he asked in disbelief, “Those are my sleeping tablets! Aish~” I blushed back and bit my lip in embarrassment in accusing him of taking drugs.

“Sit down will you, you’re legs will give up on you if you keep standing up.” Donghae offered the stool opposite him on the table, “I won’t bite and just to let you know, I don’t smell extra fishy today as I had a shower.” A sudden image in my head of him showering, topless came into my mind. I was taken aback to why I was seeing it in my head so I shook it out and sat down on the stool awkwardly.

“So you and Eunhyuk err… live alone together then?” I asked, hating the fact that I have to start the conversation because he was wolfing down his cereal in a huge bowl.

“Ne, ne.” The Fish bobbed his head at me, “We still have parents but we wanted to get a house together so that we won’t be such a pain to our family.”

“Are you two gay then?” I blurted out. The Fish choked on his cereal, spluttering some milk out which dripped down his chin. I don’t know why but what I’m think was ~whoa, y!~ ARGH! WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?!

“No, we’re not gay! We’re best friends Yumi-shiie!” Donghae laughed out loud, “The things that comes across your mind! First you thinking I was a druggie and now me being gay with Eunhyuk?! Aish~”

“Well excuse me for asking!” I snapped and got off the stool in annoyance.

“Yah, come back. Don’t leave!” he grabbed my hand without warning and tugged me back on my stool, “I need company once in a while. Eunhyuk doesn’t wake up for me at night.” My stomach started to rumble.

“You’re hungry.”

“No I’m not.” I lied but my stomach deceived me as it growled for some food. The Fish rolled his eyes at me, grabbed a yellow bowl, poured some coco pops in it and some milk and passed it to me quickly, “Eat okay? You can’t go back to bed with your stomach growling like that.”

“Err… Thanks.” I mumbled and ate a few spoonfuls of cereal in silence while I felt him watching. I stopped eating and glared at him through tired eyes, “What is it with you and staring at me, Fishy?!” I saw him swallow hard as he went back to pouring more cereal for himself while humming again, “Hey, I’m talking to you pabo!”

“Insult.” I heard him chuckle to himself, “Well, I just think you’re err… Yeppeo.”

“That better not be an insult.” I warmed.

“Why don’t you use Google Translate to find out what it mean, yeah?” he teased. Gahh, this annoying Fish! What the heck does ‘yeppeo’ mean?!

“Stop staring at me okay? It’s so freaky!” I told him, “You’re like a goldfish!”

“Haha, well I tried a staring contest with one of my goldfish.” he said.

“Hmm.. I wonder how that worked out.” I scoffed.

“I lost of course.” he chuckled, “Jong Woon always wins against me.”

“Jong Woon is Yesung’s name.” I blurted out.

“Ne, I named it after him for some reason.” he bobbed his head at me again, “how do you know his proper name?”

“Oh.” I squeaked, “Specs said it today-”

“Specs?” he queried.

“Zhou Mi.” I stammered. “I’ve sort of given all of yous nick names…” Oh- damn it Yumi! Why tell him about that?! Are you dumb?! Argh!!!! -_-…

“Really?” he asked, sounding really interested. “Mind if you tell me?”

“I’d rather not.”

“I won’t tell them.”

“No.”

“Please?”

“I don’t want to!”

“I swear in my life I won’t tell them!” he held his palm up at me while pouting. I had to give in to him! He was too cute- *Cough! Cough!*

“Fine…” I mumbled, “Zhou Mi is specs… Siwon is Religious man-”

“ I agree with both. Especially Siwon-shiie.” he grinned.

“Kyuhyun is The Gamer, Eunhyuk is Monkey, Yesung is Yesung, Ryeowook is Ryeowook, Sungmin is Pink Gay Bunny, Henry is erted chubby cheeks,” I smiled at Henry’s nickname because I personally think it is amazing, “And you’re just The Fish.” The Fish blinked back at the nicknames I told him about.

“erted chubby cheeks?” he gaped.

“Yep, he stared at me like you do when we first met and he has those really chubby cheeks that you want to pinch-”

“So you are also calling me a ert?” he asked.

“Well, you are nearly in the same ertedness rank as Henry but I prefer to call you The Fish instead of erted fish.” I nodded to myself, “So are you satisfied that I told you? don’t you dare tell the others!”

“Wait- Why Pink Gay Bunny?!” The Fish interrupted me, “Do you think he is gay??”

“Of course!” I exclaimed, “Have you seen all that pink stuff he owns?!” The Fish suddenly laughed out loud, making me jump out of my stool for a minute. “Why are you laughing Fishy?” I narrowed my eyes at him as he calmed himself down.

“Oh you judge people so quickly on the first meeting.” he guffawed, “Sungmin is not gay I’ll tell you that.”

“What- What about those pink stuff-”

“He likes the colour pink but he is definitely as straight as an arrow.” he grinned.

“I think he is as straight as a round about if you ask me.” I grumbled. “What boy would like the colour pink?! I don’t like pink myself!”

“Don’t judge the book my it’s cover.” The Fish tried to flick my nose but failed when I leant in to bite his finger which e narrowly missed. Damn~

“Don’t touch me!” I snapped.

“I can touch you! See!” The Fish tapped me on the head and I hit his arm for that, leaving a faded pink hand mark in his skin. “Ow, that hurts.”

“Good. I told you to not touch me.” I poked my tongue out at him, “You’ll get more of those slaps if you keep touching me, you know.” The Fish rolled his eyes at me and looked at me for a moment. I started to feel awkward with his soft gaze right at me. Will he stop already?!

“Gahh, can you stare at something else apart from me will you?! Ahh, you are such an annoying fish!” I scolded him, patting his cheek a little so that he would look away already. It wasn’t I was in a bikini! Sheesh!!!

“Sorry.” he rubbed his cheek and blushed lightly, “Can I ask you something?” I cocked my head at his question.

“if it’s relevant then okay but if it’s not I won’t answer.” I said, “Okay hyung?”

“Haha, hyung…” he laughed for a bit, “Well, have you ever noticed on the first day you met Yesung hyung that you look like him?” I groaned and mixed the remaining milk in my bowl.

“I have noticed but it’s just coincidence that we look alike. It’s not like we’re long lost siblings…” I trailed off, “Right?” The Fish shrugged his shoulders back at me.

“You really do look like him.” he pursed his lips a bit, “Much more cuter- I mean much more feminine-”

“Well durh! I’m a girl! I have s~” I trailed off again. I don’t like talking about feminine parts. It just makes me feel awkward. “I have girl features.”

“Yeah…” The Fish nodded in approval.

“YAH! ERTED FISH!” I hissed and whacked him around the head, “erted fish of a hyung!”

“Oppa.”

“No!”

“Aish…” he sighed.

A/N: Update of the night kekeke~ What do you think of their little chat? Sweet? Funny? Weird? Give me feedbacks you guys J I LOVE YOU ALL AND YOUR COMMENTS! © Sarang, kimjongjia. P.S Who is getting annoyed by Yumi’s blunt personality? @thatchinesegirl wants to strangle her LOL!©