Elevator

I'm going to be famous!

 

I got into the elevator and pressed the button for the 1st floor, on the 3rd floor the elevator stopped and the door’s opened, I was surprised to see SHINee’s Taemin!

‘Oh hello’ I bowed.

‘Hi!’ he waved and bowed.

‘Um, what floor?’ I asked

‘1st please’ he smiled, so cute…

‘I’m going there too, working on the choreography for my debut, I’m so excited!’ I squealed.

He laughed , ‘I hope that’s going well, we are working on our next mini album choreography, it’s such hard work, we were having a break so I got the SHINee  Hyungs some snacks’ he held up his plastic bag with consisted of mainly cartons of milk.

I was just about to laugh when the elevator came to a sudden halt, and the lights went out.

‘What? What’s happening?!’ I panicked

I could just see Taemin’s face in the dark and he looked terrified.

‘W-what’s going on?’ he asked, he voice sounded uncertain and shaky.

‘I think the elevator broke down…’ I sighed.

‘What!? No… that can’t happen!’ he looked around nearly about to cry.

‘Do you have a phobia of elevators?’ I asked, he nodded, avoiding eye contact with me.

‘Omo, it will be fine! Nothing is going to happen like in that film… where there is a devil on the elevator and they all get killed one by one every time the lights go out’ (the film is devil ^^)

‘WHAT!?’ he had tears in his eyes.

I thought he was joking about the phobia, I felt really guilty for scaring him.

‘Sorry Taemin, I didn’t mean to scare you even more…’ I bowed my head.

Then the lights flickered on again.

We both looked around to see if anything was going to happen.

‘Huh? At least the lights are back on!’ I smiled, trying to lighten the situation for Taemin’s sake.

‘Yeah… I guess so’ he forced a smile.

I saw he dropped his banana milk and the bag of snacks on the floor, so I went to pick it up.

‘Here, everything will be fine!’ I smiled.

He looked down while smiling, he still looked uncertain, but it was more confident than last time.

We must have been standing around for about 5 minutes without saying anything, just waiting; waiting for something to happen, but there was nothing.

‘Wait, don’t elevators have emergency call thingy’s?’ I asked.

Taemin’s head bobbed up and looked at the wall, ‘Is this it?’ he held out the phone.

‘Yeah I think so, try the red button’ I leaned my head into the small speaker to see if I could hear anything if someone picks up.

But there was nothing.

We tried it 6 times, but all of the attempts failed, shouldn’t there be technicians or something around here?! Hasn’t someone realised we’re gone?

‘How long have we been here?’ I asked Taemin impatiently.

‘I think about 7 minutes…’

‘Wait, I can call someone,’ I reached for my phone but I remember I left it with the SM guy… I sighed and sat down.

‘I guess we just have to wait…’ Taemin puffed while sliding down the wall to sit.

‘Milk?’ He held up the plastic bag as he cutely asked me.

‘Is it ok? I thought they were for the SHINee members’ I crawled towards him to look at the variety.

‘No it’s fine, there are loads in here!’

‘Ooooh strawberry milk!’ I picked it out, ‘can I have this one?’ I cutely asked.

He nodded with a grin.

I was half way through drinking my milk when I summarised our situation, we are stuck on a lift and we are drinking milk…

 

 

 

As time went by we chatted about random things… dancing, SM entertainment, Kpop…family.

‘It must be hard if you’re family is in another country…’ he thought.

‘Yeah, but you have to sacrifice a lot to be famous in Korea, I can’t believe idols aren’t allowed to date!’ I shouted in disbelief.

‘Hmm… I don’t really know what to think of that, I’ve been in SM since I was 12…’

‘Oh yeah, I saw your audition video… you are such a good dancer, even since you were a kid…’ he blushed at my compliment, ‘thanks…’

 

And then the conversation ended there.

 

It was so awkward…

 

We kept avoiding each other’s eyes so we wouldn’t have to talk.

 

How long have we been here?

It must have been at least 45 minutes…

 

I moved my seating position because I was uncomfortable, there that’s better.

I was observing the boring old elevator when Taemin looked at me, stared then looked away quickly, and the weird thing is, he was blushing like crazy.

I looked at him puzzled while he faced the other wall.

Then I realized.

The way I was sitting…

Was exposing my…

OH GOD I FORGOT I WAS WEARING A SKIRT.

 

TAEMIN PROBABLY LIKES GUYS NOW AFTER SEEING MY .

 

OH GAWWWD…

 

I quickly moved my position so they weren’t visible anymore.

 

Ellie, what pants are you wearing, come on … remember…

 

Oh

My

God.

 

White pants with pink unicorns.

 

He is probably going to tell key Umma and she is gonna whip me with her spatula.

 

‘S-SORRY, it’s just that I didn’t mean to look! You were sitting like t-that a-and I j-just…’ he blushed even more and gave up trying to explain.

‘It’s ok T-Taemin… I’m sorry you had to witness that…’ I blushed and we didn’t talk anymore after that.

 

 

GET ME OUT OF THIS GOD DAMN ELEVATOR!

 

Taemin’s POV

I saw her… her p-.

I SWEAR THERE WAS UNICORNS ON ASWELL.

IM GOING CRAZY.

WHAT DO I DO??!!

I need you Key Umma! 

I feel so guilty… I saw a young girls pants… but I didn’t force her to show me, or is she trying to give me a sign!?!?

Maybe I’m reading too much into it… I feel so guilty… she is really red.

‘I’m really sorry Ellie’ I apologized again.

‘No! it’s fine!, it was my fault…

She was blushing and holding her skirt down, I really feel like a ert now…. >3<

 

 

We sat in silence for about 15 minutes because of the embarrassing situation, I kept trying to think of something to start a conversation but I didn’t want to make Ellie feel uncomfortable.

There are a lot of buttons on the elevator wall….

1st floor….

2nd floor……….

3rd floor……..

Emergency button…

‘Hey T-Taemin, why do you have a phobia of elevators?’

4th floor……

Close elevator door button… w-wait huh?

‘Huh?’ I said.

She looked a little frustrated… well I did just ignore her….

‘Why are you scared of elevators?’

I was surprised by the sudden question, especially after the incident earlier, but I wanted to tell her anyway…

‘Oh… erm… when I was little, I lived in a block of flats, I used to play with my friends a lot, until it was late in the night, and we always played in the elevators. People often complained because me and my friends used to make people angry by closing the doors on them and pressing the wrong button on purpose when they requested they go to a floor. One day someone complained to my mum, and she threatened to scold me if I did it again. But I ignored her and went to the elevator myself, and started to play again, but it came to a stop and the lights went out, I was so frightened because I was scared of the dark, I was in there for about an hour before someone got me out... I was shaking and crying for the whole time…. I had images of the elevator falling down or a ghost would come and get me… when my mum saw I ignored her and messed around again, she told me I couldn’t play with my friends.’

‘Oh… I didn’t know, sorry for scaring you earlier… I just wanted to lighten the situation…’ She looked very sorry and concerned for me…

‘It’s fine! I should have listened to my mum…’ I scratched my head and smiled to her

She smiled back.

She isn’t actually half bad, even though I still think there is something between her and Key…. >3<