Confrontation

Forbidden Love

 

“Kim, aren’t you supposed to enroll in a school by now?” L.Joe cocked his head as he peeked out from the newspaper in his hands. He looked at the girl in question who was pointedly ignoring his question, humming as she washed the dishes after tonight’s dinner.

 

‘Yah, Kim!”

She didn’t answer.

 

‘YAH! YOU BRATTY KID!”

With that, she turned and glared at him’ what did you call me?”

‘I told you that you should enroll in school, pabo’ L.Joe rolled his eyes and looked at her for a reply. She just shrugged. She didn’t feel like going to school anymore, and anyway, everything was just a blank, she was sure that she wouldn’t remember anything anyway. She only remembered the forest, and that dark energy..

She shuddered. Don’t think about it, Kim.
‘I don’t want to go’ She replied softly.

 

‘Why not? Don’t you want to continue your education?”

“I’m nearly eighteen anyway, Byunghun-shhi, I can choose for myself right?” She stuck her chin out defiantly and he shook his head and sighed. She was too much, sometimes, that he wanted to slap her.

 

‘Yeah, but right now, you’re 17, still a kid, so I’m going to enroll you in school’ He stated, and that was the closed subject. She didn’t have a say and Kim bent her head shamefully. No, she didn’t want to go, but yes, she had to at least pay off her debt to him, he had saved her.

 

They lapsed into a stony silence, so awkward that Kim was almost stuffed with it, when the door abruptly opened. Five unfamiliar heads popped in with grins on their faces.

“HEY HYUNG/L.JOE!/SHORTIE!’ They hollered.

 

‘How are you-WOW! WHAT’S SHE DOING HERE?” Ricky shouted as Kim looked at them like she had never seen boys before. She accidentally dropped her sodden plate and it crashed to the ground.


 ‘Omo! I’m so sorry!” she bent down to pick up the broken pieces while Teen Top gaped at the new stranger, looking pointedly at L.Joe for more information.

“It’s a long story’ L.Joe sighed. He then turned to Kim who was still putting the broken pieces together ‘ Yah, Kim, it’s okay just go to your room, I’ll be cleaning it up’
The girl nodded, relieved for an escape from those weirdos and dashed to her room, closing the door with a soft click.

 

Teen Top filed in silently, watching L.Joe shifting about uncomfortably as they took seats next to him. What in the world was their friend doing? Taking in a random human girl to live with him? They all knew well that when every month ended, their bloodlust was far worse than normal, and even though L.Joe was good at resisting, they weren’t sure if e could do that if a human was around.

 

‘So, explain hyung’ Changjo said seriously. L.Joe took a deep breath and looked at every member in turn. All in all, they all held the same gaze; a gaze of suspicion and worry that made his heart squeeze.

“I found her unconscious near the forest, and then I took her in since I couldn’t leave her there’ he cleared his throat and continued. Around him, the faces were becoming more and more serious, and what frightened him was the look of fierceness and aggressivity in his leader’s, CAP’s, eyes.

‘She doesn’t remember anything at all, other than the little tour in the forest. Otherwise, she only knew her name and age, that’s all’

 

‘Does she know you’re a vampire?” Niel inquired.

“Yes”

“You told her?” Chunji looked shocked.

“No, it kinda slipped-“

“How could you do this, Lee Byunghun?” CAP interrupted him. His eyes were burning, not only with anger but with worry for his dongsaeng as well ‘ You know damn well that she’s in danger, and what will happen at the end of the month? Will you have enough willpower to resist her blood? And what about Hyuna?”

 

The latter looked down, a lodge forming in his throat. What his leader said was true. He was doing this for his own selfishness, and he wasn’t sure if he could control himself if Kim was around, especially if it’s already started with him wanting to sniff her hair and all. And Hyuna, poor Hyuna who didn’t even know what the hell was going on.

He lifted his head and looked at his leader in his eyes. ‘ I know it’s dangerous for her to stay here, but I won’t let her go’

“What?” CAP had on a dark look that L.Joe himself couldn’t read.

 

‘I can’t let her go. I can’t let her go out into the world on her own. She doesn’t even kn0w where she lives for god’s sake! She doesn’t even know her own parents! The only one she knows and relies on right now is ME” He stabbed a finger in his chest, breathing loudly.

 

‘Are you saying that you LOVE her, Byunghun?” Chunji’s voice rang out in the latter’s eyes, and he bit his lip. Love? He didn’t know Kim enough for him to love her, but yes, there was an attraction, what if…what if she was his consort? The one who will share her blood with him? Of course, there was always this legend saying that vampires have only one human consort who gives them blood, and they will stay by their side forever. Myths said that this bond was stronger than love itself, so was that what L.Joe was feeling right now?

He didn’t think so.

‘ I never said I loved her, I said that I am the only pillar of strength for her to lean on’ He murmured.

TeenTop looked at him with grave look in their eyes. No more hostile, no angrier, but still that doubting look. They had heard the legend too, yes, but they never believed in it. What’s more, Byunghun was the one feeding on animals, so it would be a miracle to them if he actually gave that up to drink that human girl’s blood.

 

 

‘But it can be that that girl’s his consort’ Niel said brightly to shove off the heavy atmosphere that had just settled over their shoulders.

 

‘Who knows? Maybe’ Changjo shrugged. ‘ We should probably check it out in the library’

“Okay, that’s what we’ll do’ CAP straightened up to his full height and twisted his cap round. He looked at L.Joe and raised his brows.

“By the way, L.Joe hyung! If you want a vote between Hyuna and that pretty girl over there! I’ll vote for the girl!” Ricky beamed.

 

‘Yah!” L.Joe protested.

They all shrugged. ‘ Time to go to the library’ Chunji declared.

“Aw man!” the two maknaes face-palmed themselves. They hated libraries and hated reading even more. L.Joe smiled. These guys made his day, he wouldn’t know what to do without them. Then again, he had grown up with them since he was small, so obviously they had known each other for quite some time. And when vampires knew each other for long periods, the friendship was hard to break.

 

‘I hope you understand that you won’t be able to help her forever’ Chunji whispered to L.Joe on his way out. His tone wasn’t severe nor rude and arrogant, it was soft and comforting. Worry and concern was obvious in his friend’s tone, and L.Joe smiled back reassuringly.

‘ I know’

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Chapter 10 is done!! ^^ xD

Hope you guys like it and please please please comment ;) It seems that there are many silent readers as i know that i should at least get 4 to 5 comments per chappie since i have more than 10 subbies :( People who only read aren't called subbies x( please comment!

 

 

 

 

awwwww...so cute...

 

 i personally think that L.Joe should be acting, i don't know why, but he seems like a good actor, don't you think? ;D

 she's so lucky i guess <3