So, my story received a __%, huh? /grabs bat.

Dear life, you [Latest Topic: I hate love;]

Reviewers on AFF

 

This is going to be an extremely short rant. 

So you see, I write stories. And I really enjoy doing so. No matter how cheesy it sounds, I feel like I can kind of escape reality for a second. And because I do put in a lot of effort into writing my stories, I try to make sure that everything isn't too predictable and boring.

And because I enjoy writing and put in a couple hours everytime I do so, I want someone to read it and tell me how it is. I used to ask my sister to read them, but she's been getting tired of it. But, she does seem to be excited to read these chapters.. lol. Oh dear.

However, I have realized how disturbed I get when I read some of these reviews. Like, "Paw, grab the gun. Imma' go shoot em' down."

It's as if they read a story and forget how much effort and time a person has to spend writing it. 

Sure, I want you to be honest, but please remember that none of us are professional writers- just as you are not a professional critic. 

I read some reviews and can't help but scoff. 

They reduce points off for grammar and spelling, but I can easily spot some errors in the review itself. 

 

...

 

Then I think that it's partially my fault. 

 

I'm asking people that only read for fun, for grammatical advice. Chances are, they're only ten to maybe twenty years old. I think about it and see that it may be frustrating writing reviews all the time.

And then I remember that they point out parts of my writing that I work really hard on.

And, sure, maybe it's not good enough, and I do want truthful critique.

 

But It makes me think..

Maybe reviews aren't all too good in general.

They say that they enjoy all genres, but how do you know they aren't biased, as they have read so many stories before? I would never say that I enjoy reading everything. Do I read my textbook for enjoyment? Hell no.

 

And plus, getting a bad review really takes a whack at the confidence you originally had in your story plot and writing skills. 

Like, a type of pain similar to getting punched in the face or stepping on a leggo.

 

This is all just something I'm writing as I'm thinking about it, and guys..

I must say,

 

Just as I write about being proud of yourself and being strong, 

you have to be strong and confident about the things you write.

 

Although I sincerely appreciate all the past reviews I've received and the time the reviewers may have put into writing them,

 

em'.

 

I like my writing. 

Sure, I like someone telling me how to get better, but sometimes you just have to shut out the world and smile at the outcome. 

Not everyone's beautiful, but everyone is unique. And because of that, so is their writing style and preferences. And because of this, what reviewers write can definately be affected by what they like and do not like, despite what they say in their foreward. Hey, their human.

If you get a bad review, babe, just ignore it and be proud of what you wrote. 

Their your words.

You own them.

And because your words are your property, stick a red, "private property" sign on your virtual lawn and be a proud- grampa sitting on your porch with a rifle, watching out for reveiwers coming your way.

 

Don't let em' shake  you. Your writing's unique, and most importantly,

 

It's you. 
 

 

 


A/N: So, that was like the first rant I had while having this story. -.-

But now I feel all better now. kekeke.. 

Oh, and I received another e-mail~

 

Hi, Qwerty. I'm glad you're good, baby.

 

Lol, sometimes I really wish I could send my responses back to you guys.

You are all too funny. 

/looksdownatcommentsandsnortsinhappiness.

/doyouliketryingtofigureoutwhatthesesay?

/truthfullyitpissesmeofftryingtofiguremyownwritingoutwhenItypelikethis.

/doesthispissyouoff?

/IonlydoitbecauseIloveyou~

 

-sigh. I'm sorry if I made you made.

Have a mermaid c:

(I do not own this photo. I only edited it with my masterful skills. All hail to Vicheko's mighty powaa'.)