Titanic: Comeback.. comeback.. comeback /whisper.

Dear life, you [Latest Topic: I hate love;]

Why are Friends so complicated?

I was at church today, (yes, I am the holiest of the holy) and noticed something.

 

In the past, I was an incredibly shy person. I had a really hard time opening up to people. However, observing muliple people who everyone seemed to like - I know.. creepy. /sob- I found four things.

1) The smile. Nobody likes someone who's glum and hates the world. Well, I've found that the hating part is okay, as long as you're not all emo and I'm going to slice my wrists open and write that I live in the chamber of secrets with my blood. No. But smiling is really important because it shows that you're welcoming people to talk to you. It's kind of like the interesting description of a featured story on AFF.

 

2) They're good at conversation. I am not particullarly good at conversation, but here's the trick I found. If you are outgoing and talk to many different people, you don't have to change the conversation topics. You can literally talk about the same thing to ten different people, but gain that many new friends all together. No matter how lame it sounds, think about topics to talk about with people you don't really know, but would like to. Think about some stories that you went through over the summer, some things that you are passionate about, and etc. Conversation allows the other person to get to know you more. 

 

3) Don't be afraid to talk to new people. As I moved new lunch tables, I found that talking to new people is really important and helps a lot. Truth be told, I'd rather meet new people than old ones. They have different persepectives than you and have most likely lived different lives. Even the casual at your school can be nice and have reasons for why she's a . Smile and be outgoing, talk about things that you enjoy and ask them too. No, they're not going to bite your head off. They may be cold, but if so, who cares. Just move on to the next group.

 

4) That brings me to the last point. All new freindships have the possibility of rejection. And hey, some people just don't click. If that's the case, don't write a diary about how much you hate the person, just move on a smile. The more time you waste on one person that will most likely not come to your doorstep with cookies and begging for your friendship, the more time you lose on meeting new people and having a good time. You can't care too much about what people say. Sure, even I have a hard time, but try to think of it like this : You won't give a about them once you leave high school. Hey, maybe if you're lucky, you'll end up being a millionaire and they'll be working at mcdonalds... lol. 

 

Aw jesus. Forgot one more thing. 

 

 

The secret step, Numba' five) Don't follow the steps one to four. 

kekeke. Tricked you guys. 

As a person, these are the rules I try to go by. When people ignore me or turn their attention to someone else, I obviously feel left out. But I sincerely try my hardest to smile and talk to someone new. I have a friend that used to be close to me. She acted as if I was a friend that relied on her more that she did on me. Friendship isn't like that. It's equal. 

So I stopped talking to her and confronting her. 

It was kinda' like:

 

Vicheko stared at the girl and rose an eyebrow. "Are you kidding me?" she thought, as she saw her friend treating her like donkey crap. 

Vicheko only smiled and looked over to the other people around her, "Well, there are other fish in the see," she said dramaticaly, raising her fist in the air and slamming her foot on a nearby chair. 

 

When people don't concentrate on you when you would like to talk to them, just it and talk to somebody else. And it's possible that you'll have more fun with someone new anyways.

 

I follow these rules to be somebody that I would like to be in the future. 

 

But not everyone is the same. Put Michael Jackson and Jackie Chan together, and nobody's going to call them twins. 

 

We all have different people that we want to grow up and be. The shy, but sophisticated one. The loud one who won't shut up. The geek. The Jock, etc. 

 

However, if you ever want to change, preparation isn't a bad thing. Plan it out. No, you're not being some loser. You're someone who actually wants to change.

My sister worked really hard to change her personality and it's something that she's still working on. She asked me questions about what to talk to people about and how to say it. I told her. 

 

Now, she's definately happier and a person that she can be proud of. 

 

And no. This isn't some inspirational story where I'm all :

here I was before. And look. Ta-da! Look at the differences!

 

I'm just trying to say one single thing. 

If you want to change, have a plan and well,

 

 

Just do it.