Day 1: give him an eyeful stare and smile at him warmly :))

How I plan to spend my life with you

 

I was waiting on the mail as I sat impatiently on my bed. I was oh-so curious of what grandma was going to send me!
I wondered what she meant by it'll help my relationship with Luhan more... The suspense was killing me. I was on my terrace,
waiting for the mailman to come. I rolled my fingers as I was jumping up and down to see if the mail truck came. I know I may look desperate to you, but hey this is the most I’ve ever been excited since my marriage with Luhan. Sad I know…

" OH! THERE IT IS!" I yelled seeing the mailman come with a package which I totally believed was from grandma.
I excitedly jumped and ran out of the terrace door. I hoped to not wake Luhan up with my loud footsteps and quickly rushed
out of the front door. 

"Excuse me sir! That's for me!" I shouted at the mailman and waved my hands. The mailman sent me a friendly grin.
"Mrs. Lu?" He asked. I loved it when people called me that. Nice to know that I'm actually married, although it never did feel like it.
I nodded my head, "Yes, that's me." The man extended his arm out for me to receive the package. I grabbed the package
with no shame and bowed thanking him.


Running inside quickly to the house, I stumble upon Luhan who seemed like he just woke up. I was too preoccupied with
the package I just went past him and headed straight for my room.

"What's with the hurry?" Luhan questioned.

"There's no time to talk!" I yelled from upstairs and went straight to my room. As I entered the room I heard Luhan
mumble,
"Crazy, weird, freak..."

 

-----------------

I was on top of my bed and walked in circles around the package, the suspense was literally killing me inside.  I wondered what was in it.
A love potion to make Luhan fall for me? OMG Ji Eun, what are you talking about... Your grandma's a farmer! NOT A WIZARD!
Then what else could it be... undies or a lingerie? EW! What am I saying!? Grandma would never force me to pleasure Luhan to
make him fall for me!

ASDFGHJKL Ji Eun just open the package! My mind told me. I dropped onto the bed on my knees and prepared to open the brown package
placed in front of me. I bit my bottom lip and began tearing the brown paper wrap around the package, making it scatter across the bedroom. I ignore the mess, then pull out what was in the gift.


 

A… Journal?

 

But it has a lock… I look under the book and find a necklace with a key on it taped in the back. I took it out and unlocked the journal to see what was inside. A piece of paper was written on the very first page once I opened it. I swear it felt like kryptonite…

 

“ What the… What is this?” I mumble and began reading the paper.

 

Dear Ji Eun,

 

This is a journal I wrote as I was trying to make your grandfather fall for me when I was your age. Everything in the pages, even in the smallest details matters a lot. Each page I would like you to try out for yourself and do it upon based on my actions. Please follow and read through it. However, remember to not rely this book on your entire marriage. The rest is up to you and Luhan’s love for each other in the end, which really matters. Each page I would like you to try out for yourself. Please do every action with love, no matter how hard he tries to push you away, don’t cling onto him, but don’t let go of the faith and possibilities lying ahead for the two of you, be there for him and he’ll eventually see that. Remember that The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all of the time

 

I placed the paper down and stared at the old journal that looked like it hadn’t been touched for centuries. So… Everything I had to follow was in this book? Easier said then done right? You don’t expect me to believe that every action my grandma did, I could do and achieve? Luhan is different from regular guys… Luhan is cold and distant from completely everyone, no matter how long he knew the person. You wouldn’t really expect me to believe it’ll work did you?

 

But I had no other options… I didn’t want to live more years ahead with a marriage that held no love, values, and virtues… I wanted this to be my only and last marriage.
I wasn’t inl ove with Luhan, but I do expect to eventually and that he will too.

 

Because to me, marriage is never a coincidence.
Luhan and I are married for a reason.

 

 

My hands turn to the next page and find the beginning of the journal.


“Day 1

Dear journal,

I figured TaeHee is in my first period class! I’m so very excited! I wonder what should I do to make him notice me… I know! I’ll stare at him and smile warmly to let him know I’m interested. After all, a few of a girl’s charm should be the way she smiles right?”

 

Wow, my grandma would write something as cheesy like this…So…I guess staring at him and giving smiles? Alright… Let’s try it out!

 

 

--------------------------------

 

I walk downstairs and find Luhan leaning on the kitchen counter, eating a bowl of cereal. I really should’ve made breakfast for him… I’m so bad at keeping things in mind. Luhan was chewing his cereal while on his phone texting. I enter the kitchen with a tall and straight figure. Trying to make him notice I was in the room.


Of course he has no care of my existence… I then cough VERY slightly. I don’t want to make it obvious that I’m trying to make him look at me.

GOD WHY WON’T HE LOOK AT ME! Am I that unattractive to you!? You know what!?---- Aish... calm down... This is ridiculous… I then cough louder, a loud but not dying cough…


Luhan still was on his iphone while eating another spoonful of cereal. Is this boy serious? Why won’t he look here!? Well… He usually did have the tendency to not know I existed at home… ARGH! Don’t give up so early Ji Eun! Hwaighting!!!

 

“LUHAN!” I yelled.

 

Luhan looks up with a mouthful of cereal and his hair up like a little girl…
He’s so much prettier than me, this cruel world is so unfair….

 

WAIT A MINUTE…. Why did I call out his name?! I’m supposed to just stare and just smile at him! ASDFGHJKL…. Well it’s not like he was going to pay attention to me either way…

 

“U-Uh….”  I say like a complete idiot.

Luhan stared at me waiting for me to speak. Instead of talking, I chose to place my hand on the fridge and lean like a cool kid and give him a eyeful stare and creepy smile. WTF, I’M SUPPOSED TO MAKE HIM LIKE ME! NOT MAKE HIM THINK I’M CRAZY , but I totally forgot I wiped the outside of the fridge pristine clean yesterday...

 

It felt super slippery and my hands began slipping down, making my body follow it and fall straight to the hard floor.


“AUGH…” I yelled falling onto the floor and banging my head.
Why am I such an embarrassment!? Luhan… I’m so sorry you had to marry a derp like me…

 

 

I heard Luhan drop his spoon to his bowl and walk up to me quickly.
“Whoa! What the heck happened!?” Luhan asked and helped me up.

 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. Is Luhan actually touching me?! LUHAN IS! LUHAN IS!!!
The last time we touched was when he ran inside the house and bumped into me accidentally to look for his car keys. Hmm… not so romantic. But THIS, he’s actually doing this for care!?


I look up and meet Luhan’s sparkly eyes. I quickly brushed my sweaty nervous palms against my apron and laugh awkwardly.

 

“HA..HA.HAHAHA…” I laugh soooo weirdly. WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF!? HE MUST THINK I’M A PSHYCO. Luhan raises a brow as if I’m crazy.

 

“Are you sick Ji Eun?”


“Tch! I AM FINE!!!” I laugh and brush my hair with the ends of my fingertips.
I feel a bruise on my head and wince in pain. “Ouch!”

 

“Where does it hurt?” Luhan asks a little worried. HO GOD, he's adorbz...

 

“Uh… it’s fine… I just hit my head onto the floor...”

 

Luhan stares at me and unexpectedly chuckles a little bit. HOLY CRAP LU HAN LAUGHED! H-HE LAUGHED IN FRONT OF ME! Can I take a picture of this memorable moment? He’s so cute when he smiles and he’s pretty good looking too. How come I notice all this now!? Are korean boys this cute? I grew up in America and I found American guys super attractive. Congrats Luhan, you are the only korean I find very appealing... Or are you Chinese? I'm such a bad wife I don't even know....God, I’m SOOO weird…

 

“Are you always like this when you’re not around me?” He asks.

 

“ Well now that you witnessed this moment, you wouldn’t really call yourself special now huh?” I said plainly and rose a brow.


He looks at me, not in the boring and painful way like he usually does, but in a curious and mysterious way. My hear is racing so fast I can barely breathe! He’s probably going to say something smart or intelligent I’m gonna faint and die. He tilts his head and stares at my head. Why am I blushing so bad? Gosh, what is it Luhan!? SAY IT--

 

“ Your pimple popped from your bruise… It looks really gross.” 

 

FAWK YOU LUHAN! YOU ARE NOT A ROMANTIC GUY AT ALL!
WAY TO KILL THE MOOD YOU TROLL. I really shouldn’t hate on my husband like this… After all, I’m trying to make him fall for me.


One thing I did realize about Luhan though…
He’s random.

 

 

“ Uh… I should go get it cleaned then…” I blush really hard and run away from the kitchen.

 


Okay, not what I was expecting on the first day of following the journal, but that’s the most I was ever close to him… Baby steps Ji Eun! Baby steps! You can do this!

 

I wonder what day two will be like though… What am I going to do with him tomorrow? Hmm should I peek? AUGH! Don’t look Ji Eun! Just wait until tomorrow...

 

Ew, did my zit really burst? THAT’S SO GROSS….