Sister.

Broken Wings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-7BwdBdGM

~

You were sitting in the cafe where you first encountered DongHyun, MinWoo was next to you (you insisted that he be there) and you were staring at the table.

DongHyun awkwardly cleared his throat, "Umm..hi."

You nodded.

He sighed, "Look...I understand this isn't a very ideal situation you'd like to be a part of..."

You nodded again.

"But...I want to make it work."

You echoed his words, "Make it...work?"

He nodded, "I don't mean give up your entire life and live with my family and go to my school and all that, I just...want to be a part of your life...and I want you to be a part of mine..you are my sister-"

You cut him off, "Wait. Before I answer to that, what's our age difference..? We're not twins right?!"

DongHyun chuckled at the genuine panic in your eyes, "No..you're younger. People referred to us as twins because we looked so alike...except..."

You blinked at him, "Except?"

"We have different fathers..."

"Oh."

He nodded, "Mom-our mom should be telling you this story but she's a bit shaken right now...she thought she'd never see you again."

You muttered, "Sorry to burst her bubble."

DongHyun shook his head, "It's not...the way it seems."

You were silent, DongHyun took that as a sign for him to continue, "See...after mom had me...my dad's partner in business...pretended to be him and..slept with...her."

You could already tell how this story was going to go.

"My dad was so upset...he ended his partnership and friendship with his lifelong partner, truthfully he had nothing against you or mom...since it wasn't really her fault...he drugged her and the lights weren't on. But...because you were his partner's child...he threatened to...kill...you..."

Your eyes widened and you froze.

"Mom begged for him to just kick her out and keep you here...or to punish her instead but my father's stubborness was too extreme for her to win. Instead of your death, she asked a friend to look after you..offering her money as reimbursement, she took off with the money and left you at an orphanage."

You felt MinWoo hold your hand.

"You see.. Mom fought for you. She wanted to keep you, I hope you know that...and that I looked for you but they took you from her and gave her to your friend."

*That's why my mouth was covered and I could go to umma...*

Tears slipped down your cheek.

MinWoo wiped them away and squeezed your hand tighter.

"So...I hope you'll accept it when I ask you...to be my sister...I always wondered about you and asked mom and dad where you were...mom would cry in reply and dad would...be grumpy about it...to put it nicely."

You glumly sighed, "I accept."

DongHyun's eyes widened, "W-what?"

You stared at him, "I accept. But there's no way in hell I'm going anywhere near your dad. Crazy b*stard. No offense. But anyone that tries to kill me because of who I was born to is messed up."

MinWoo chuckled and covered his mouth.

DongHyun was stunned but he nodded instead.

"So...do I have to call you oppa...?"

DongHyun raised an eyebrow, "I'm pretty sure that's what you refer older brothers too."

You nodded, "Hmm...this should be interesting."

He formally asked, "...why...?"

MinWoo snorted, "Oh please. Drop the formalities hyung. I know you want to. __________ will be okay with it, I promise."

DongHyun glared at him, "Fine. Why."

You turned to MinWoo and smiled sweetly at him, "You have seven older brothers to get through now."

MinWoo's face turned blank.

You pat his cheek and shrugged innocently.