Oneshot #11: The Receptionist

This is started from SNSD's ONESHOTS collection..?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a short story :D

 

It all begin when I noticed you from upstairs. Your face which look calm and somehow it intrigued me. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I do feel a slight attraction to you.

 

 

 

I’m an office lady, in my 24th age in my life, working Monday to Friday, from 9AM to 6PM. Our office always have receptionist, well most office have one or two right? In my office, the receptionists are usually change from time to time, but this time, almost one year, the receptionist not being changed.

 

I never noticed it before, but after I feel a slight reaction to one of the receptionist, I tend to look to her more and more. Sometimes I want to pass by passing a smile to her, but I find it so difficult that it was easier to smile to the security guys.

 

 

 

“Morning miss Im”, it’s the default greetings I have everyday I step through this security gate. After I pass the gate, there are you and your friend sitting in the receptionist desk. Too bad I’m not a guest that should take the ID card from your desk. I’m an employee to this office so I don’t need to take guest card. So i just walk pass by your desk and head to the lift.

 

That’s what I do almost everyday, I sneak out a glance towards you searching if you there or not. Everytime I go home from office is the same, I walk pass by your desk through the door. Somehow before I realize it, you are my motivation to go to work.

 

Until someday I wait too long for the lift to arrive, it already time to go home and the lift is so damn crowded. So i decided to take the stairs, that’s when I already near the first floor I hear voices.

 

“Jessica, I already told you to quit the job didn’t I ?! Why you still don’t get it??”, I can hear a man voice, seems like in rage.

“But I love this job! I like the environment here, I need to socialize to, why don’t you understand that??”, now a girl voice try to smooth the converstation.

 

I froze at my steps, this is definitely a couple fight, I will be in awkard position if they know someone else is listening their fight.

 

“So you prefer this job than me? Ok fine then, have your ways, I’m out of this place!”, the man yelling to the girl.

 

After that I hear a loud bang on the door, seems like the man slamming the door. I proceed my steps carefully dowstairs. But then I halt my steps again when suddenly I hear the girl crying.

 

“..Why it has to be this way..”, I heard she mumbles. Unfortunately I already close to her place and there’s no way I postpone my time to go home any longer again.

 

I proceed carefully when I finally saw the girl and I realize, she i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter