MS #4.2: The Writer's Block

This is started from SNSD's ONESHOTS collection..?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi readers! Sorry for just updating right now..... Hmm, I suggest you read the previous chapter if you're forget about the story (because honestly, me myself kinda forget... .__.) But well, I hope you all enjoy this chapter! ^^

 

 

 

Yuri's PoV:

 

My life as an editor is nearly to the point where it's boring. I edited, sorted out, most of any genres of stories. And from all of them, just a few author that really has a good plot of story and to narrow it down again, just a few, really a few, I can count it just with my two hands, which author who can continue and still developing their story, who can keep up the emotion inside the story, who doesn't get side-track writing all those stories.

 

I read the draft on my monitor, it's one of the lame plot again, I quickly scan it and noted the error from the draft, write it down on the end of the page, save it and send it back to the author who update that story. This is really what I do for living, for making money. I am graduated from a literature majority from a well known university. At the first year after I graduated, I planned to write some novels and produced it, thinking if it sold well, I will be quite rich right now, but no, I just can't write that well. So I started to apply as a translator, translate foreign books into Hangul version or otherwise. After 2 years translating books, I get bored and remember my first dream to write a novel. I tried to write some story, I sent it to some publisher company, none but this one, my company right now respond. Although the respond is not like I imagined, they not publish my book, but they asked me to be their editor instead, they suggest I became an editor first then I will have diversity plot, characters, settings, and genres to be the material for my novel, if I still insisted to became one. So yeah, I accepted this job. It is amusing how you corrected another story, met various author. Almost all author that I've meet are reserved and polite, do what the company say quietly and really depends on their job as it their main earnings.

 

That's before I met Jessica, if that's her real name.

 

Jessica.... She's one of a kind. When I met her first time, she didn't give that author-vibe. Not to mention her attitude and her demands! I just didn't understand that time, why this company really want her to write for our company, more over why I was the one that assigned as her editor, really, out of many editors here, I was the one that assigned to her. But when I read her blog that the company showed to me, I must admit, her skill in writing is above the average for just a blog. So I think I can relate why this company want her so bad.

 

How can I met her you ask?

 

It's one of a hard approach. I mean, we just know her blog, we just can only leave her a message or comment in her blog, and it must be a one interesting comment or message that pick her interest so that we're not categorized as spam. And yes, I was the one who arranged those sweet words to ask her to meet up, after a bunch of comments on her writing of course. She finally agreed to meet, so back then I was expecting too much in person.

 

But when I meet her? Face to face?

 

She seemed so cold, unapproachable, straightforward, has a bitter face like she's a really busy and important person. I thought it was hard to convince her to join our company, but not that hard after we offer a really good salary to appreciate her writing. But,,,

 

SHE RESTRICTED ME FOR GETTING HER NUMBER!!

 

Who did she think she is?? I mean, come on! Every author that I met will gladly gave their numbers, I don't know if it's for publicity, flirting, or whatever, but they all gave their number except this one! After a really good reason, and yes how can I just trust her with only her email, I finally get her number, but,,,,

 

AGAIN, SHE RESTRICTED ME FOR CALLING HER UNLESS IT'S URGENT!!

 

Oww, come on! With her words like that, I really determined not calling her nor text her, unless it's really really really super important. She's so arrogant from my point of view.

 

But now,

 

Here I am, emailing her, asking if I can call her and meet her or not and because of my stupidity, I didn't realize the time it's already past midnight, and yes I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter