Chapter 6

Ms. Trouble Maker and Mr. Newbie (HIATUS)

 

finally i could update this story..
but, it seems very and lame..
i'm so sorry..=_="
 
After school, my friends and I went to Taecyeon’s house. We were gonna play at his house, like always. Soon, right after we arrived, all of us, except me, took the shirt off, and jumped into pool. Since I didn’t bring my swimsuit, I only sat on the edge of pool, staring at them who was busy playing around in the pool.
 
“YAH, Yuri-yah. come on, jump into pool. Pali,” shouted Junsu from inside pool. I only smiled in response, as kept reading the magazine. I didn’t need to reply his silly remark, since clearly he knew that I didn’t bring my swimsuit.
 
We were playing around, that didn’t aware if the day was getting dark already. I glanced at my watch, it was 6 pm. I then looked at my friends, they still played in the water.
 
“YAH, Guys. I’m gonna go home now,” I said as got up from my seat.
 
“What?” Taecyeon walked to the edge to approach me.”It’s only 6 pm, Dude. Why are you going to home so early?”
 
“Emm, I just want to, Taec. I’m so tired. I wanna rest in home,” I replied.
 
“Alright then,” Nickhun suddenly jumped out of the pool.”I’ll ride you, Yuri-yah,”
 
“It doesn’t necessary, Khun. I can go home by myself. Just continue playing here,”
 
“No,” he dried his body off by a towel then put his dress on.”I’ll ride you,” he turned his head to look at the latter in the pool.”Guys, we’re gonna go home now. see ya,”
 
After that, we headed to Nickhun’s motorcycle. I sat on back, and he started to ride his vehicle.
 
“Yuri-yah,” he called out my name as kept riding.
 
“Yes,”
 
“Would you mind to tell me?”
 
I frowned in confusion.”Telling you what?”
 
I heard him chuckling slightly.”I knew there’s something bothering you, till you wanna go home early,”
 
I only remained silent, feeling doubt to tell what inside my mind.
 
“Can you tell me, Yuri-yah? you can’t lie to me, since I’ve known you. I know whenever you feeling sad or happy, since I’m your ex-boyfriend,”
 
As soon as I heard the ex-boyfriend word, I smacked his arm playfully.”Yah! don’t remind me about that anymore,”
 
“Hehehe…” he chuckled anymore.
 
Indeed, Nickhun and I had ever been in relationship. But, we only could make it for two weeks. after we both realized that we were more suitable for being bestfriend, we decided to break up. even, the others didn’t know about this, since we kept this as a secret. However, two weeks in relationship seemed to have made him knowing about me well. That’s why, out of all my friends, Nickhun is a closer friend of mine.
 
“Emm, actually, Khun,”
 
“Ne,” seemed he was anticipating with my answer.
 
“Since I arrived at Taec’s house, I had bad feeling. I didn’t know why either, but I’m afraid if there’ll something happen. My heart is so heavy, so I just wanna go home, as soon as possible,”
 
“Well, hope something won’t happen, Yuri-yah. everything will be fine,”
 
“Yes, Khun. I hope,”
 
***
 
As soon as I arrived, I felt the stranger feeling inside my heart. It was like, there’s different atmosphere when I walked into home. The home was so quiet. There’s no one inside. I wandered all of rooms, Minho, Taeyang, even Umma, I couldn’t find them at all. I didn’t need to look for Appa, since I already knew where he was.
 
“Where are they?”
 
Soon, I headed to my neighbor’s house. After a few knocks, Mrs. Go opened the door.
 
“Yuri-yah,”
 
“Emm, Mrs. Go. When I arrived, there’s no one inside. Do you know where they are at?”
 
Mrs. Go looked up, and seemed she was thinking.
 
“Ah, yes. Actually, your umma was taken to hospital, Yuri-yah,”
 
I lifted my eyebrows.”W-what?”
 
“Yes. Minho was coming to here, asking me to help your mom. Minho told me that your dad was coming with a girl. Because of that, your parents argued anymore. And, your dad slapped your mom so hard, till she fainted. After that, he left with the girl,”
 
What? I really couldn’t believe it. how dare Appa did that to Umma! I clenched my fists tightly in furious.
 
“Ah, thanks Mrs. Go,”
 
“Ne,”
 
Then, after I saw a cab, I immediately headed to hospital.
 
***
 
As I arrived, I saw Minho running to me. I hugged him tightly to comfort him.
 
“Ssh…everything will be okay, Minho. Calm down, ok,”
 
“B-but, I’m so afraid if there’s something happened to Umma. Appa was coming and then…then..” he sniffed, even he couldn’t continue his words.
 
“Calm down, ok,” I soothed him. Then I opened the room, I saw Umma lying down on bed, still unconscious. There’s a bruise on her left cheek.
 
“Please wake up soon. We need you,” I held her hand as prayed for her.
 
***
 
It was three days already, and Umma was still unconscious. Minho and I looked after her alternately. Even I had to miss the class to look after her. The doctor said if there’s no something serious happened to her. He didn’t know either, what made her still unconscious, whereas she only got simple wound on her cheek. I really felt furious everytime I remembered Appa. He was the one who did that to her, but he didn’t show himself ever since she was hospitalized. when I dialed his number, it was inactive. Taeyang, tsk! I didn’t need to ask him either. Indeed he’s my brother, but he’s really useless for this family. He only thinks about himself, wasting money, playing around with his friends, and very rarely be there in home.
 
Today, after school, Taecyeon, Nickhun, Junsu, and Junho came to see Umma. By their presence, I felt more comfortable and relax. They were cheering me up, made me being stronger to make it through.
 
When we were having some chit-chat in the room, suddenly the door was opened. I saw Yoong walking into room, with a bag of plastic. Right after seeing him, Junsu approached him.
 
“What do you want? Why are you here?”
 
“Well, I just heard that Yuri’s mother was hospitalized. So, I came to see her,” he replied nonchalantly. Though Junsu glared at him, he wasn’t afraid at all, instead kept calming.
 
Then, Junho approached them.”Better you go out right now. you have no right to see her. even she doesn’t know you,” he pushed Yoong’s body.
 
“Well,” Yoong fixed his shirt.”Who said that I have no right? Of course I do. I have good intention coming here. I just wanna see Yuri’s mother, and I don’t wanna fight with you,”
 
“How dare you against us?”
 
Before there’s a fight here, inside Umma’s room, I approached them.
 
“Hey, hey. Chill out Guys,” I looked at Junsu and Junho for calming them. Then I looked at Yoong.
 
“Thank you, Yoong, for your care. I’m sorry if Junsu and Junho have been being rude,”
 
I glanced at them, they gave me ‘what’ look.
 
“No problem,” he smiled.”Now, how is your mom?”
 
“Well,” we both approached Umma.”He’s still like this. still unconscious,”
 
“Don’t worry, Yuri-yah,” he put his arm around my shoulder. As he did that, I felt the warmth filling my body.”Everything will be okay. Trust me,”
 
I only nodded slightly. I could feel my friends were wondering about my behavior toward Yoong now.
 
***
 
A week, but Umma was still unconscious. I started to feel confused what happened to her. Now, only Minho and me that looked after Umma. My friends couldn’t come now, since they had their business. I didn’t mind, furthermore I also didn’t wanna bother them.
 
Suddenly, the door was opened. I saw Yoong walking in, approaching me.
 
“Yoong,” I got up from seat to greet him.
 
“Hey,” he greeted me softly.
 
“Yoong Hyung,” exclaimed Minho as hugged him happily.
 
“Hey, Minho,” he ruffled Minho’s hair as smiled.
 
Since Umma was hospitalized, Yoong always came to see her every single day. He always gave me the support, till making me sure if everything will be fine. And because of his presence, Minho became getting closer to him too.
 
“How is your mom, Yuri-yah?” he asked me softly.
 
“Well, still like this. there’s no progress, Yoong,”
 
Yoong stared at the unconscious lady on bed then looked at me.”Yuri-yah, may i…may I hold her hand?”
 
Though I was confused, I only nodded in response. he approached Umma and sat on chair next to bed. he intertwined his fingers with hers.
 
“Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Kwon. I know you can hear me, hear us now. Well,”
 
I stared at him who was busy talking. I wondered what kind of his voice? His voice was really soft in my ears and it could pacify my broken heart.
 
“I think, you don’t know me yet, since I’m a new student and new friend for Yuri. Yuri…” he glanced at me for awhile then continued his word.”She’s really a great girl, Mrs. Kwon. You are so lucky, having a great girl like her. And Minho, he’s really a nice boy too. They are really wonderful children, Mrs. Kwon. And I know, wherever you are at now, you can see us. And you also must know, that the wonderful children here really need you. Yes. They need you, Mrs. Kwon. They need your presence around them. So,” he paused for a sec.”Please. Wake up soon. They really love you, and need you by their side,”
 
As I listened to his remark, unconsciously my tears were rolling down. I approached Umma, holding her hand.
 
“Yes. I need you. We need you. Minho and I need you. Wake up soon please, will you,” I paused for a sec.”U-Umma,”
 
Suddenly, something magical happened. I felt Umma’s hand moving. She opened her eyes slowly. Her tears were falling.
 
“Y-Yuri-yah, Minho-yah,”
 
“Umma,” Minho exclaimed as hugged her.
 
“Umma,” I couldn’t hold my tears back anymore. I hugged her tightly in joyfulness.
 
“What did you just call me, Yuri-yah?” she asked me.
 
“Umma. Umma,”
 
She smiled sincerely at me.”It’s been awhile you didn’t call me as an umma, Yuri-yah. I’m so happy hearing you call me like that. I miss you calling me like that,”
 
Indeed, I had never called her as an umma since she was always arguing with appa. Because, I thought that they were inappropriate to be called as an umma and an appa, since they weren’t good model for their children.
 
I didn’t know, how magical word ‘umma’ for her. That word had made her waking up from unconsciousness.