Coming Clean

Secret Oasis

 

He would be lying if he said he was nervous, well, the correct term could be scared less, but it had to be done. He had to tell his parents that their friend was possibly the father to their grandson. There were so many ways this conversation could go, but he had already prepared himself for the worse, thanks to  his friends. Now all he had to do was ask them to sit down and tell them... Which of course was not as easy as it was made out to be. 
Hyun Seung sighed heavily as he knocked on their room door. His mother opened the door, her smile quickly dropping to worry once she saw his troubled expression. Answering before she was able to question him, "we really need to talk about something."
She nodded opening the door wider to allow him in. Taking a quick glace to her husband who was sitting on the bed reading a book before looking back to their eldest, "is something wrong Hyun Seung?"
He nodded, "there's something you guys should know. Something about who is possibly the baby's father."
His father place his book on the nightstand, "is the father of the baby bothering you?"
"Uh, I'm not really sure it would be considered bothering, but.." Hyun Sung hesitated. "You might not be very happy who the other person might be."
"Well who is the other person?" His father asked firmly.
The red head looked at his feet, worried about their reaction. "It's... It's... There's a chance that..."
"Well?" he asked.
His mother tried to guess, "well, we know one might be Seung Hyun, so would the other be Ji Yong?"
He shook his head. 
"Dae Sung?"
Again he shook his head.
"Don't tell me it's the other Seung Hyun?" His father joining in on the guessing game.
He shook his head again and with a heavy sigh he said, "it's Perry."
Silence filled the air as his parents sat in shock. The passing seconds feeling like a millenia, choking the terrified teen. He looked between his parents waiting for his world to crumble down on to him.
"Go to your room," his father's voice was strong with restrained anger causing him to flee the room as fast a he possibly could. 
 
He shook is head not wanting to believe what he just been told. “Perry? Really? Of all people, him?”
“I can’t believe it either,” she sat on the edge of the bed. 
Again he shook his head, “I should’ve seen it.”
“How?” she laughed dryly. “How would we have possibly known that Perry would’ve done something like this?”
“All the signs were there,” he answered. “We should’ve seen it, but we turned a blind eye.”
“What was there?” She looked over to her husband.
“Ever since Hyun Seung became a teen,” he sighed heavily, “Perry has been getting pretty close to him. I thought nothing of it, but if I would’ve then maybe he wouldn’t be pregnant right  now. Maybe we could’ve prevented this.”
“But why would Perry touch him?” She asked. “There’s no reason for him to do such a thing. He’s know both Hyun Seung and Geu Rim since they were babies. Why would he do this?”
He shook his head, “I don’t know, that’s something we’d have to ask Perry about. I don’t even think I want to know. We should’ve kept a closer eye on Perry.”
“Are you angry at Hyun Seung?”
“In a way yes, he shouldn’t have done anything with Perry.”
He explained, “he should’ve told us if Perry was making him uncomfortable. And Perry should’ve kept his distance. He has no right to touch Hyun Seung.”
She nodded, “what do we do now?”
“I don’t know,” he admitted softly. “I don’t want Perry any where near Hyun Seung or Geu Rim, it’s the least he could do. I should report him, but he’s been our friend for years. It’s the best I could do for him.”
“We need to hear the full story about how all of this even happened,” she pulled a pillow into her arms to hug. “As much as we would hate to hear it, we need to know.”
He shook his head, “I don’t want to hear it. It’s already too much right now.”
“It’ll help.”
“Maybe but...” he sighed. “I don’t want to know right now.”
 
Gue Rim looked between her parents and her brother with a frown. Every one was quiet and not even looking at each other. That was not normal at all. Something had to have happened, but when? And how did she miss it? It obviously was something big, there was no doubt about that. She was tempted to ask but neither of the three looked like they were in much of a mood to talk. The silence was pure torture, she had tried countless times to make small talk but no one was willing to respond. 
"May I go to my room?" her brother's voice sounded heavy with sorrow. That couldn't be good. With a simple nod from their parents he left, not bothering to pick up his still full plate.
She sighed heavily, "he didn't even touch his food."
"Just leave him," her father said softly. Now she knew something was wrong. They didn't care. 
'What the hell happened?' she thought to herself.  She shook her head trying to clear her thoughts. "What's going on? Why are you guys acting like you've had a huge fight."
"It's nothing to worry about, honey." Her mother got up from her seat to gather to still fill plates and put them away in the fridge.
Geu Rim didn't believe that answer one bit. Something was most definitely wrong, but no one wanted to fix it. At least that was what she saw. She looked to her father, "what happened? Why is everyone so gloomy?"
He shook his head, "it's nothing, we just got into a small argument. We'll settle it soon."
She could only nod, "and you guys say I'm stubborn. This is ridicules, you guys haven't spoken to each other for a week, if this continues then I'm going to have to sit you all down to talk. Do I  make myself clear?"
The parent nodded watching their little grab her plate and her brother's plate from the fridge before heading up the stairs.
"She is definitely your daughter," he said with a small life.
She nodded, "she's right though. We need to sit down and talk about all of this."
 

 

Well, this chapter ..... I really lacked in putting any emotion into that. Ugh. Hopefully it'll get better.

I makn no guarentees though.... 

~Tenshi