Chapter 7

A Surprising Relationship

CHAPTER 7

 

Someone knocks on my bedroom door. I groan and only dig my face deeper on my pillow. "Sooyoung-ah, open up!!" Tiffany? What's she doing here? I look up from my pillow.

"Sooyoung, please open the door." Taeyeon? What are those two doing here? I get out of bed and walk slowly to open the door.
  
  "What are you two doing here?" I asked in slightly icy tone. Tiffany gave a bright smile.

  "We're inviting you to go out with us." They barely say hi to me at school, now they wanna go out with me?

  "Huh? I barely know you guys." Taeyeon pulls me out of the doorway.

  "C'mon, then this will be the time for us to bond together, let's go to Tiffany's family's restaurant and stuff ourselves." My eye lit up. "It's on Tiffany." And in a split second, I dragged both of them out of the front door.

~~~~~

  When we were walking, Taeyeon and Tiffany were so close, not holding hands but close enough that their shoulders were touching.  stared at them, observing their reactions with each other until I finally asked, "Are you two dating?" They immediately shot their attention to me and shook their heads, blushing.

  "No! W-Wha-What made you think that?" Tiffany stammered.

  "Yah! Sooyoung, what gave you that idea? You're so weird." Taeyeon mumbles.
  
  I scratched my head and focused back on walking. "Okay."

   "Geez, how can Sunny fall for this girl...? TaeNy thought.

  "So, where is this restaurant?"

  "Oh it's just around that corner." She points to the turn on the right. I sidestepped towards it, excitedly knowing how it looks like. And I saw a very fancy and large reastaurant. I dropped my mouth. "Please no comments. Let's just go." Tiffany said and grabbed my hand to drag me in.

   "Sooyoung, go to the garden first, Taeyeon and I have to prepare a table." I nodded and turned around to enter the beautiful garden.

  I walk a few steps in and the door shuts behind me, locked. I stared at it in disbelief. "Tiffany-ah! I'm trapped." I shouted.

  "Hi Sooyoungie." The voice was so familiar, I immediately knew who it was. I slowly turned around and there was Sunny, out of the corner, smiling cutely. I just looked at her, speechless. "Do you hate me?" She asked out so directly and with such a straight face. "Am I despicable to you so much that you don't want to see me eaver again?" She takes one step forward.

   "N...no..." I said, kind of worried that I'll give in to me feelings and let myself to continue falling for her.

   "Then please. Listen to me." She pleads and takes another step closer to me. "Hm...I met this girl." Another step. "She stole my heart in one glance. At first, I was scared and worried so I didn't let myself but..." So..she won't accept me because she's fallen for someone else?...she's lucky...I thought to myself sadly. "but I noticed that I found myself chasing after her and sadly...she pushed me away." What?! Who wouldn't accept her?! "I was so disappointed. My heart broke. I thought she hated me so much that she started to avoid me." Why...does this seem familiar? "Hyoyeon messed up everything. She told her that I will never liked someone like her and she agreed to herself that she'll not let herself give in to a heartbreak and tried to erase me from her life. I think you already know this person, Sooyoungie." She takes another step, we're face to face. "Sooyoungie, it's you." She smiles. "Please don't push me away this time."

   I took a step back. "Wait. H-Hyoyeon...lied?" She nodes. "A-and...you...s-so..." I can't make a sentence properly. "...that means...a while ago...I-I....practically...c-con-confessed?!" I was soaked in cold sweat. Sunny giggled and nodded again.

   "You didn't let me talk." She pouted.

   "Yah! I'm sorry." I bowed. She giggled again.

   "Stand up." She commands, I stand up straight and look at her straight in the eyes. "Answer my question, will you?" I nod. She bows this time. "Will you accept me as your girlfriend?" Then as if it was on cue, the sun disappeared and it was officially nighttime, small lights appeared everywhere and the fountain started working....fireflies appeared out of nowhere and circled around us. I knew my answer. Of course I do. My heart was calling out her name.

   I walk to her, she's not fidgeting or having a hardtime, she was willing to do anything for an answer out of me. "Sunny-ah. Stand up." She slowly stands up, once she stood up straight, I leaned over and kissed her. She was taken aback, her eyes wide open and not believing in what's happening but...she slowly closes her eyes and kisses me back. I'm able to feel this moment again...kissing her sweet-honey lips.

   "Wow...Sunny-ah, you got her." Tiffany came from the door. I pulled away and blushed madly.

   "Yah!! Fany-ah!! You ruined it!!" Sunny complained.

   "Ah...sorry Sunny-ah." Taeyeon bowed. "My mushroom wifey here is a bit hyper at the moment and is impulsive." She grabbed Tiffany's hand. "Sorry again. C'mon, Fnay-ah. Let's go and leave these two lovebirds alone."

   "Yah!!" Sunny screamed but they fled before Sunny could pounce on them. I giggled.

   "How did you know them?"

   "Ah, we met around the second day I transferred here." She turns to me. "You hungry?" And exactly, my stamch growled loudly. She laughed. "C'mon, Fany-ah already prepared something for us." She grabbed my hand and leds us out of the garden. She intertwined our fingers, I blushed. This was all too sudden, just a while ago, I told her to stay away from me and now...I'm...her...girlfriend.