Chapter 1

A Surprising Relationship

I take my seat inside the classroom and stare out my window that's next to me. Hmm...they're are no clouds and the wind is very nice...it's so unfair that we're stuck in school on a perfect day like this. I sigh and listen to the teacher when he comes in.
  
  "Okay, class, as you may already know, we have a transfer student today. Ms. Lee, you may come in and introduce yourself." Mr. Kim gives out a friendly smile to her and sits on his desk, admiring the celebrity. I rolled my eyes.
   
  A short girl with long wavy hair makes an entrance. Lee Sunny walks in gracefully, I can hear all my classmates drop their jaws. I chuckle, seems lke there's a lot of fans. Lee Sunny turns to the class and gives out a smile of of aegyo. "Annyong Haseyo! My name is Lee Sunny! Let's get along!" She introduces herself energetically. I stare at her...observing her every detail and move. 
   
   "Thank you for that lovely introduction." Ugh. ups. "You may take your seat anywhere." That's unfair! Sigh...people take this celebrity thing so excessive. 
   
   She smiles at him, I could see Mr. Kim blushing. She looks around the room. I continue staring at the sky, since I know that it's definitely not me. "How about there?" She finally makes her decision. 
   
   "S-Sure...you may take your seat..." Teacher says awkwardly. 
   
   "You're so lucky, Sooyoung." My classmate behind me whispers. 
   
   "Huh? What do you mean?" Since when did she know that I exist?  My classmates points to the front. Sunny was walking towards the empty chair next to me. She smiles when she sees me looking at her. I unintentionally smile back. 
   
   It seems like it was slow motion when she walked over here and placed her bag down and sat down next to me. My heart was beating so fast. What's wrong with me?! My heart was beating so loud and fast that I can barely hear my own thoughts.
   
   "Hi." Her sweet voice says to me. It breaks my thoughts and I eventually calm down to talk to her.
   
    "Uhmm...hello." I try to be nice and act natural.
    
    "You're the one who smiled to me yesterday right?" Did I? (Referring to the prologue...) I must've did it involuntarily if it really was me...is that why she smiled at me?
   
   "I guess so." I turn to her. I tried breaking the ice. "So...did you make any friends yet?"
   
   "Mmm...not really." She places her index finger on her chin while she's thinking, too cute for words. 
   
   "Why? You're a superstar. You should have a lot by now."
   
   "Well, everybody is nice but...they see me as a celebrity...not the real me." She turned serious and there was a hint of sadness in her words. But you seem different...why? Sunny wonders. "Hey, I since I don't have any friends, can you spend lunch with me?" She asks with a pout. It's really cute...argh, I can't resist. I don't have anything to do anyways.
   
   "Sure." I said with a smile.
   
   "Oh. Since people with probably be swarming over me, do you know a place where we can eat in peace?" Hehe...Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, me?! A loner that nothing has to do but explore the school?! Of course I do!
  
   "Let me handle it. Don't worry." I flash another smile. That's the most that I've smiled at a person. 
   
   "Great."
   
   
   Later at lunch, we ran to the place I knew because fangirls attacked her immediately once the bell rang. We ran and ran until we finally reached a peaceful quiet place that I only knew. Well, except the architect and probably the school director and principal.
   
   "Wow you're really famous!" I said, catching my breaht.
   
   "Well...working with thebiggest hollywood stars on set and charts rising up to the sky and your the lead tends to make people like you." She said sarcastically.
   
   "Right." I laughed. "C'mon, let's eat." I said, being the shikshin I am. But then, I realized that I wasn't holding anything. "My lunchbox!!"
   
   "What's wrong?"
   
   "I left my lunchbox..." I said sadly. This is the end of the world. 
   
   "Oh, I'll share. My mom prepared too much for me." 
   
   "You sure?" She nods and smiles cutely.
   
   "It's the least I can do from saving me from those fangirls and fanboys." She giggles. 
   
   "Thanks." 
   
   We sat down and opened her lunchbox. I happily digged in, forgetting my manners. Halfway, I realized that it was kind of rude. I turned to excuse myself but she turned too and our lips accidentally brushed each other. why were we sitting so close?!  I immediately got out of my seat and bowed. "I'm sorry! I swear it was an accident!"  I looked at her, she was blushing and touching her lips. 
   
   "Uhmm...it's okay..." She put her hand down. She smiles to me. "It's okay, I promise. Come closer, you won't get any food if you don't." She giggles. Food being my weakness, I apologized again and sat down. I moved a bit farther away just to keep it safe. Sunny smiles.
   
   To be honest, I felt weird inside, like butterflies in my stomach and my heart was racing so fast. Was...I falling for...her? No, it can't be...psh...I spent the rest of lunch getting it out of my system.
   
   
   We spent the rest of the day, talking, we got along really well and even found out that we had some things in common. She's a really nice person, a lot more things to her than just being a celebrity.
   
   Time flew by so fast that I found myself standing in front of her, about to say goodbye before going home.
   
   "I really had a fun time with you, Sooyoungie!" She hugs me tight, my heart was racing again. I prayed that she can't hear or feel it.
   
   "Haha. Yeah. I had a fun time with you too. Thanks for giving me a friend."
   
   "Isn't that my line?" She giggles. "Not like those wannabes." She smiels. "Well, see ya."
   
   "See you too." I walk the way home, failing to stop myself glancing at her, walking her own way. Once I hit the corner, I try to stop the butterflies in my stomach, I try to stop my heart from popping out my chest, I tried to cool down my face, and tried to think properly. Bit never stops...the more I think about her, the more I feel this.
   What have you done?!