Chapter 6

A Surprising Relationship

 

I ran away. I had to. There's no way that I can stand to see her reaction....after I carressed her face and kissed her?! No way! She won't even give me a second though about saying that, "I have the wrong idea." 
 
 I ran as fast as my long legs can carry and finally, I reached my house. I stormed in and ran up to my room. I quickly threw my bag on the floor and jumped on the bed. I screamed into a pillow. I ran out of breath and finally let myself relax from all that running and...that moment... 
 
 I was so sweating so bad and not only because of the sprint, there was also cold sweat from...kissing her. "Arghh!!" I screamed at the thought of it, my lips connecting with hers. I was blushing madly and my heart seemed like it's palpitaing with never stop. My mind was being pounded into smush because it was reapeating the moment over and over. I lost complete control of my whole body and I don't know how to fix it.
 
 My hand slowly reaches for my face and lightly touches my lips. "She...she was my first...kiss..." I whispered, blushing. I was happy but quickly wiped my smile away. "Wait, why did she kiss me back? Does she..." I waved my hand in front of my face and shook my hand. "No that's not possible.  Yah, Sooyoung, what are you thinking?!" I scolded myself. "But what else could be a possible reason?" I thought and thought, was it to pay back for saving her? No...the pay back was ice cream...I drooled. That ice cream was good...Yah!! Sooyoung, now's not the time for food!! "Well...she's a celebrity, why would she want to kiss back a nobodyl like m--" I dropped my mouth and instantly became angry. "Was she feeling sorry for me?! Is that it?! I bet she already knows my feelings!! Hyoyeon told her and now she's been thinking how guilty it feels that she can't return my feelings!! ARGH!!! I don't need her pity!! She might've thought that being with me would pay back the rejection that I'll recieve later, that's why she's always asking me to be with her!!" I shouted. I threw the pillow across the room, leaving a little trail of feathers. "What kind of person do you think you are to me pity like that?! And more, you'd think that if you kiss me back, I'll actually not get a broken heart?! You're so stupid!! I almost fell into your trap of thinking that you actually like me too and when I confess, you'll stomp and rip my heart!!" I finally felt tears sliding down my cheeks. I had the horrible feeling of heartache again. "And I actually thought by avoiding you, I won't feel this ever again but it became worse!! I should've realized that I had no strength to push you away because..." Tears drop harder, [italic] my heart drops harder [italic] "Because I love you..." I whispered, having no voice left. 
 
 I was so tired, that I fell asleep with my heart throbbing. 
 
~~~~
 
 (Sunny's POV)
 
 I woke up, sunshine on my face and smiling. I touched my lips. "I can't believe that we kissed yesterday..." I whispered. "I didn't even know that she liked me back..." I smiled and giggled. 
 
 I put on my yellow slippers and straightened my yellow pajamas. Before I went to the bathroom, I had a text message on my cellphone, I opened and it was Sooyoungie. "Hey, Sunny-ah, let's meet at the park right now, I'll be waiting for you. - Sooyoungie." I blushed, frozen with the message. 
 
 "Is this...a date?" I said to the cellphone. 
 
 
 I rushed over to the park, putting on my coat and earmuffs since it's cold in the morning. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair, I had to look absolutely cute and perfect for Sooyoungie...I don't want her to think that I'm sloppy! 
 
 When I arrived on the park, I saw Sooyoungie on the park bench, staring at the kids playing. I approached her slowly and when she saw me, I smiled cutely. "Good morning, Sooyoungie!!" I said energetically.
 
  "Hey." She replied coldly. I sat down opposite to her. She was quiet and the atmosphere was surprisingly awkward. I didn't know what to do until I saw her hand just laying out there. I shyly and slowly, tiptoed my two fingers to hers and when I reached it, I placed it on top of hers. "I know already." She pulled her hand away. "Stop acting so nice to me." She said with an icy tone.
 
  "What do you mean?"
 
  "That you pity me. That you know about my feelings. Just...what kind of person do you think are you?!" She said angrily, still not looking at me. "Sorry for raising my tone."
 
  "What are you saying? I don't pity you, and...what feelings?" She stares at me. "I really have no idea."
 
  "Don't act dumb. Hyoyeon told you didn't she?" Hyoyeon? I don't recall having a conversation with her recently. "That I love you." I widen my eyes.
 
  "You do? Me too!!" I replied excitedly. She shook her head and stared at me.
 
  "Stop pitying me. I'm a nobody, how can you love somebody like me?" She spoke again before I replied. "You hate me right? You hate me for smiling to you when you had that tour. You hate me for meeting me, you hate me for following you around like an idiot. Tch...I shouldn't have made it so obvious." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe...if you didn't know about my feelings...I eventually would've let my guard down and let you become friends with me..." She sniffled. She's crying? "...but I was wrong to fall for you. No way can a person like you fall for someone like me and I still let myself..." She wipes her face and looks at me. "Just...please do me this last favor..." She stands up. "Stay away from me." With her last words, my heart broke. She ran away and leaving me on the bench. 
 
  I bursted into tears once she was out of my sight. "You didn't even let me talk..." I mumbled. "I had no idea what you were talking about..." I cried harder.