Chapter 10

A Surprising Relationship

 

(Sunny's POV)
 
 "Sunny-ah, c'mon." Sooyoung pulls me to another side of the park. [i] Why Sooyoungie...I thought you love me...[/i] My heart still beats so fast if you hold my hand and your smile still makes me wanna hug you...just staring at your luscious lips makes me wanna kiss you...too bad I can't anymore since you have a girlfriend...I thought to myself sadly. "Wait here." She releases her hand and leaves me alone. To be honest, I'm not even okay one bit, I'm a wreck. I can't smile or function my brain properly...like my life source was Sooyoungie...
 
  And a minute later, lights everywhere came up and I see the rose petal and candle aisle and if you reach the end of that, there's a flower arch leading to the bridge where...Sooyoung was standing on... "Come up here, Sunny-ah." She said with a smile. I stared at everything for a while and came back to my senses. "Sunny-ah, please?" She begs. I breathed in and out and started walking the petal filled aisle. And walked through the arch, Sooyoung was looking at me through the whole time, my heart was fluttering... She offers her hand when I was about to get on the bridge, I hesitated but when I saw that smile, I couldn't disappoint her. She lead me to the middle of the bridge. She breathed in and out. "Sunny-ah." I covered my ears and my tears started to flow. 
  
   "No. I don't wanna hear it." I shook my head vigorously. "I know that you wanna break-up with me so that you won't have anymore guilt around you when your around that girl but don't say it. I'm already having a hard time without you but if you put it into words, my heart will break." I said, covering my ears as tight as I can. "I don't care if you hate me. I don't care if you were playing with my feelings, just please don't break my heart even more." I was crying so hard I can't even talk anymore after that. I clsoed my eyes, not wanting to see her reaction on my pathetic speech. 
   
   And a second later, she grabs both of my hands and holds them tight and kisses me gently. I choke on my tears, coughing a bit but she still continues to kiss me, my heart was beating so fast. Her kiss was so gentle and sweet, I'm falling for her harder. Her lips are soft and warm...I missed her so much. But it had to end, she pulls away and lets go of my hands then holds me tight. "I love you." I listened, a tear dropping from my eye again. "I love you Sunny-ah...even though we don't get to say it all the time...I know that you love me and I love you...and you know that I will never cheat on you..." I sniffle. "That girl, I was with in the skating rink." My heart hurts just thinking about how much fun they were having. "That was my sister."
   
   "But..." I mumbled.
  
   "I know that we don't look alike but...that's why everyone mistakes us for best friends only." She hugs me tighter. "Please believe me." 
   
   "Promise that Yuri is only your sister?" I ask. She pulls away and smiles at me, nodding. She puts her hand on her chest and raises her hand. 
  
   "I promise." I giggled and poke her.
  
   "You're such a dork."
  
   "I'm your dork." She smiles. "I'll prove it." She kisses me gently again but pulls away quickly.
 
   "Why'd you pull away so fast?" I say with a pout.
 
   "Because you're toes were shaking from balancing." I pout and hit her.
 
   "Yah!! Sooyoungie!!" I shouted.
 
   "Haha, mianhe, Sunny-ah. You're just so cute, I can fit you in my pocket."
 
   "I'd rather be in your heart..." I mumble. She looks at me intently. I reach out and place her hand on her chest, feeling her heartbeat..."I wanna live there permanently..." She blushed as red as an apple..., I became happy because of her shyness. "Can I? And no one else is allowed to live in here...not even enter...not even visit." I whispered. She grabs my hand and holds it tight.
 
  "You already know my answer. You don't need permission either. " She said and leaned to gave light peck on my lips. "I'm sorry for not telling you about Yuri, oh that's my sister's name, I was too focused and distracted about Taeyeon and Tiffany. I forgot to text you." She grabs my other hand. "Are we okay? Back to girlfriend and girlfriend?" I nod with an aegyo filled smile that I haven't given to anyone in a while. "Okay, let's walk around."
 
  "At night?" I clinged to her, scared.
 
  "Don't worry, no other people are here than Fany, Taeyeon, You and me." She smiles. 
 
  "Okay." I actually felt safe if I hug her arm. 
 
  (Sooyoung's POV)
 
 I was so happy, Sunny was right beside me, clinging on my arm and we were happily walking together. "Oh wait." 
 
 "What?" Sunny pouted. 
 
 "I need to turn off the lights." I grabbed my control panel and turned off the lights in our side. "And we have to check on Fany-ah or else she'll kill me for ruining the moment." I said and walked to TaeNy's confession. 
 
 "Yah, Sooyoungie, why is TaeNy's confession more romantic than us?" She pouted. I checked on TaeNy first and found out that they weren't there anymore and just sitting on the fountain. I smiled and turn off the lights and the fountain's lights instead. 
 
 "Because." I answered her as I watched TaeNy, smiling and happily talking to each other. "You planned it." Sunny whimpered. "I would've confessed at the school roof top at night with the fireworks saying," I leaned in, slowly. "Please accept me as your girlfriend." I smiled and pecked her lips. 
 
 "Yah. I would've allowed you if you didn't say to stay away from you." I sighed, she still remembers that?!
 
 "Please forget about that~"
 
 "Nope because that's the day when we were official." She grins. I sighed again and started walking. 
 
 "Fine~" I pouted.
 
 "Yah, please don't be upset." She grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. "I'll buy you food." My eyes shot up.
 
 "Really?! Let's go then~!" I said and ran out of the park with her.
 
 [i] Omigosh, I wonder if I'll still have any money after this. [/i] Sunny thought.
 
~~~~~
 
 (Yuri's POV)
 
 I've been skating for a while now, just to watch her from afar. I sighed. There's only a few skaters here now, two couples, me and her. Well of course, it's 9pm and the mall closes at 10pm, everyone should be heading home by now. 
 
 I skate in circles for 10 minutes and realized the two couples left and it's only Jessica and me. I stared everywhere, everyone is rushing home to their loved ones. I heaved a heavy sigh and stared at Jessica make her jumps. She's so elegant...I wonder if a person like me deserves an ice princess like her. Maybe...I should stop trying? I started to skate around again. I don't know~ I really like her and I want to give it a shot but she won't let me...
 
 My feet are really sore and I thought I should go home by now so I headed towards the exit. [i] Thud. [/i] I turned around. Jessica is on the ice, not getting up. I hurriedly skated towards her. "Hey, are you okay?" I said and kneeled down to look at her closer. I moved her hair away from her face, wow shes' so pretty...but...she's crying? "Jessica? Is something wrong?" She opens her eyes and an icy glare pierced through me, she stands up but slips and another thud falls, on her knees. 
 
 "Who are you?" She said, sobbing. 
 
 "I'm...Yuri." I said, nervously. She's actually talking to me.
 
 "You always watch me skate." I widened my eyes, shocked that she actually noticed me. "Why do you want to watch a failure like me? I'm so horrible at skating no matter how much I practice..." She cries. "Why do you waste your time on me...?" She drops on me and cries. I wonder if I should hold her...I feel so sorry for her...
 
 "What do you mean? You have so many medals..."
 
 "All of those aren't for first place!!" She shouts. "And everyone else is better than me..." She grips my back, holding me tight. I eventually held her too. 
 
 "But you're better than me." I tried to cheer her up.
 
 "You're kidding, right? I can never see you fall when I see you in this rink...And I fall everyday."
 
 "Well that's because I don't do big tricks like you do." Only now, I notice how cold the ice is. 
 
 "Still..." She passes out. 
 
 "Hey, Jessica..." I shake her body. "Jessica? Aw crap...your'e asleep." I whisper. I breathed deep and stood up slowly. I removed her skates and carried her on my back when her skates are in my right hand. I glide to the exit and place her on a chair. Good thing staff are still here, I can still manage both of us. I returned both of  our skates and carried her on my back again. "I don't know what to do with you so I guess I'll stay with you until you wake up..." I whispered and smiled at her angelic sleeping face. 
 
 (Sooyoung's POV)
 
 "Hmm...Sooyoungie~ Stop eating..." Sunny complained.
 
 "I can't help it~ 
    
---
 
I honestly don't know what's happening right now since I don't remember all of the events of this story of mine *laughs* I wrote this 3 years ago so, oh wow, I can't believe I wrote this.
Can I have some comments about my writing then and now? Has it improved or has it worsened? ^^;;