Chapter 9

A Surprising Relationship

 

 We bought skate-for-a-day passes and headed on to the skates renter. I sighed, I'm not really good on ice, it's my first time here. I even asked one of the staff to correctly tie my skating shoes. I blushed in embarrassment from Yuri who was giggling silently. "You still don't know how to skate?"
 
  "It's hard okay?!" I snapped. Yuri giggled.
 
  "Fine. I'll teach you this time."
 
  "Good." I stood up from my seat and wobbled to walk to the rink. It's really hard to balance on just a thin blade. Yuri was walking ahead of me as if skates were flat shoes. "Show-off." I said to her giggled.
 
  "C'mon, it'll get easier if you stop complaining." I shook my head and grabbed her hands to enter the rink and the slippery ice. "Easy, the first step is always slippery."
 
  "No, it's-" I fell hard on the cold hard ice on my . Yuri giggled and helped me up. "It is not, funny!!" I scolded her. 
 
  "Okay, okay." She grabbed both of my hands and started to skate backward slowly and I take small baby steps, still trying to balance and at the same time, walk on ice. "Easy, we'll turn now." I breathed in and out as she turns backward to another end of the rink. And success. "Yay, Sooyoungie, I think you can do it now." She starts to let go but I grab her hands.
  
  "No. Yuri unnie don't you dare leave me out here and embarass myself." She throws me a smug and glides a meter away from me quickly. "Argh, Yuri I hate you!!" I shouted, not moving from my spot. The good thing was that I knew how to balance already and not fall once I stop.
 
  She smiles. "I love you too, little sister." I rolled my eyes. "C'mon, just baby steps." I breathed in and out and tried to concentrate. 
 
  Once I take one step, I dropped hard on the floor, I was breaking my !! Yuri laughed out loud so hard. "Sooyoung!! You should've seen your face when you were falling!!" She said between her insane laughs. 
 
  "Argh, can I go home now and stop embarassing myself?"
  
  "Hahaha!! How?!" She still was incapable of controlling her voice. I stared and stared at her until she got the message and stopped laughing. "Okay, I'm sorry, let's go rest near the railings." She helps me up and pulls me slowly to the sides. 
 
   "So, Yuri unnie, why did you want to come here with me so suddenly?" I got no repsonse. "Yuri unnie." I look at her direction of sight, it was a very pretty blond-brownish girl that was doing a lot of tricks and gliding beautifully on the ice. She had a serious expression on her face, like she's frozen soid ice the same as the one below us. She had an iPod on with white headphones, probably to concentrate on the ice and flow of music rather than the noise. She was doing a crossover when I snapped back out of my thoughts, I knocked my head as a punishment. "Yah, Sooyoungie, you have a girlfriend already and she will kill you if she found out your have a crush on somebody." I mumbled to myself. I turned back to Yuri, who was smiling and watching her closely. "Yuri unnie." She likes her, I know it. "Yuri unnie, who's that?"
 
   "Her name is Jessica Jung...I love seeing her skate~" She sighed happily. 
   
   "Do you like her?"
 
She stares at me. "Oh! Of course not, Sooyoung!!" She replied sarcastically.
 
   "A simple yes would've been sufficient." I mumbled. "Why won't you ask her out?"
 
   "Don't you think I've tried? She's so cold to me...when I say hi she glances at me then goes back to skating." She sighed and smiles sadly at Jessica. "C'mon, let's continue skating." I nodded and grabbed her hands. 
 
~~~~
 
 "Yah, Sooyoung." I almost slid when Yuri glided backwards too fast.
 
 "What?" 
 
 "Do you know that Lee Sunny has been staring at you for quite some time now? Do you know her? She looks like she's about to cry." I stopped skating and stood in just one spot and looked around. Sunny was red with jealousy and tears in her eyes. 
 
 "Sunny..." I whispered under my breath. She ran away. I skated halfway through the rink, gliding freely, just to chase her. A shot of adrenaline rushed through me and I just wasn't thinking straight. I didn't even know how was I skating this good when I'm horrible on the ice. I don't know but I'm sure that I don't wanna lose the only sunshine I have. 
 
  Once I got outside, I couldn't find her. I panted, I was breathless after running around and trying to find this one small person, until I found her. She was walking gloomily in the streets, tearing up and her hands in her pocket. I quickly ran after her before I lost sight of her. [i] I can't lose her....I can't...she's the first person to ever see me...she's the person whoe made me feel warmth and gave me friends...and taught me...how...love feels like. [/i] I grabbed her hand. She turns around, my heart broke when I saw her tears. "Sooyoungie...I-I mean Sooyoung..." She said sadly. "You don't have to worry about me...you can go with your..." She chokes. "Girlfriend..." She retracts her hand.
 
  "You're my girlfriend." I said, catching her hand.
 
  She smiles sadly. "You don't have to pretend..." She said and her tears fell on her cheeks, she ran away and...I lost my adrenaline rush and couldn't chase her when I could've easily grabbed her.
 
  I walked back to the skating rink, sad and droopy. Did we...break up? Or...I felt tears coming down my cheeks, I don't wanna think about it. I stepped on the ice and glided to Yuri. "Wow, Sooyoung, you knew how to skate all along?" She smiled. I smiled back sadly. "What happened?"
 
  "That...was my girlfriend." I held my breath, waiting for an answer.
 
  "Wah...my little sister beat my into getting my first girlfriend." She pats my head. I looked at her surprised.
 
  "Does mom and dad know that we like girls?" I asked. She shakes her head.
 
  "So, we're doomed if they find us doing PDA in our dates."
 
  "No, No, in my dates." I teased. "You still don't have a girlfrie-" I stopped, remembering Sunny's sad face again. "-nd." I finished and sighed. "Oh Yuri, I have to go...I have to plan something for tomorrow night."
 
  "Sure." She smiles and says goodbye to me. 
 
~~~~~
 
 [i] I am not letting her go...no way, someone as special as that....never.[/i] I whispered to myself as I ran up to my room and eagerly planning Tiffany's confession but first I called Tiffany. "Hello?" She answered.
 
 "Ah, Fany-ah."
 
 "Oh hey, Sooyoungie, how's the planning?"
 
 "Good but can I ask you something?"
 
 "What?"
 
 "Will you be okay if Sunny and I weren't there?" I asked, nervous.
 
 There was a pause and she finally answered. "It's okay, I can handle it." I hear a big groan in the background. 
 
 "Sunny's there isn't she?"
 
 "Pretty much." She giggled.
 
 "Tell her to meet me in the park at night, the other side of the park or else I will go to her house and force her there." Tiffany laughs
 
 "Where's the other side of the for?" I smiled.
 
 "Your confession." I can hear her gulp. "Fighting~! Fany-ah." 
 
 "Thank you. Okay, bye, Sooyoungie. I promise that I'll make her go there." 
 
 "Thanks, bye." We both hung up. I fell on my bed and sighed. "Sunny-ah, I just hope you'll believe me. Sooyoung, you're so stupid to not text her first." I told myself. I closed my eyes for a solid 10 seconds to pray for this to be a happy ending and sat up to plan everything. 
 
~~~~~
 
 The next day, I ran to the park with two boxes filled with lights and decorations. I called somebody to assure that nobody is going to be there at night just to be sure that no one disturbs. I hung the lights in the trees and in the middle, an outlined heart made out of candles. I smiled as I finished it, now...me and Sunny. I ran to the other side of the park with the other box full of lights and decorations.
 
 (I won't tell what the design of Sooyoungie and Sunny Bunny's are :D)
 
~~~~~
 
 Just when I finished placing the last rose petal, I see Tiffany and Sunny walking to the park. I smiled, just in time --- though I didn't realize that night fell on us already. I felt my heart beat fast and sweating with nervousness when I saw Sunny. I breathed in and out [i] You can do it, Sooyoung. C'mon, it's for Sunny and you.[/i] I walked casually to Tiffany and Sunny with a smile.
 
 "Ah! Sooyoungie~!" Tiffany waved to me. I waved back. Sunny cringed, I smiled sadly and continued walking towards them. "I love how you decorated the place. Thank you for helping me." She bows.
 
 "It's okay, I had fun. Are you ready, Fany-ah?"
 
 "My heart is pumping as fast as it can but I can do it." She said with a nervous smile. 
 
 "Good." I noticed something out of the ordinary in her hand. "What....is that?" I pointed to the pink mushroom stuff toy.
 
 "Well..." she blushed. "Tae-Tae calls me mushroom and she's a dork and I thought this would be sweet..." She mumbled. 
 
 "Okay, Okay." Tiffany walked closer to me and whispered in my ear.
 
 "Are you and Sunny gonna be okay?" I can see Sunny pouting with jealousy.
 
 I smiled at Tiffany and nodded with confidence, and patted her head. "We'll leave you alone now, okay? There she is." I can see her about 100 meters away. Tiffany turns around, staring at Taeyeon walking here. 
 
 I grabbed Sunny and pressed the switches for the lights. I didn't realize that I was holding Sunny's hand for so long. "Let go of me..." Sunny mumbled and retracted her hand. I stared at her in sadness and watched Tiffany and Taeyeon's confession.
 
 (Tiffany's POV)
 
 My heart was beating so fast and ohmigod I cannot tell you how many butterflies are in my stomach right now. Every time she takes a step closer to me, my heart pounds like a drum. Then she sees me and flashes her dorky smile. "Hey, wifey~!" She says, I smile back.
 
 "Hey, Tae-Tae-ah~!" I say happily and she sees everything. She stares and stares at everything and looks at me, confused, I took a deep breath and pull her to the middle of the candles shaped-heart.
 
 "Fany-ah, what is this...?" She asked, breathless of the scenery. [i] Wish me luck Sunny and Sooyoung.[/i] I breathed in and out and started.
 
 "Tae-Tae-ah, How long have we known each other?" 
 
 She thinks. "Uhmm...6 years."
 
 "Yah...do you know how long I've been in love with you...?" I spilled it out too quickly.
 
 "What?!" She asked, shocked. 
 
  "Uhmm..." Better just come out straight. "I love you, Tae-Tae-ah. I always have been." I said, blushing. 
 
  "Fany-ah, are you kidding?" I shook my head.
 
  "No! I swear I'm not so please don't laugh. Tae-Tae-ah..." I can feel her hand on my head, I look at her, she smiles. "You're such a dork..." I mumble. I step  away and hold out the stuff toy as I bow. "Please accept me as your girlfriend." I wait and wait for an answer. She giggles, is she...laughing at me. I can't feel the stuff toy in my hand anymore. I look up, she was hugging it.
 
   "I love you too, Fany-ah..." She smiles. 
 
   "Taengoo~ You're such a dork." I repeat myself. She laughs. 
 
   "You're my mushroom now?" I nod while blushing. "Can I give my wifey something?" I looked at her confused. "Close you're eyes and count to three out loud." 
 
   I slowly closed my eyes and counted to three. "One." I wonder what's the gift. "Two." I breath deep. "Three." I can feel something soft on my lips. I open my eyes, Taeyeon's face is really close to me and our lips are touching...I blush madly and I kiss her back. It was a really gentle kiss, one that's sending more butterflies to my stomach. 
 
  I just wonder how are Sooyoung and Sunny.
.
---
 
 

(Please ignore the following message if you're homophobic)

Attention LGBT community! (No need to be shy ^^)

If you have a tumblr, please hear me out~

I have made a tumblr, along with my girlfriend, and I shall posting my stories there. It's both fanfics and original stories. You'll maybe enjoy it especially if you're open to LGBT and if you are. :) also, we're accepting questions and asking some guidance if you're new to the LGBT world or something alike. The best part, you can ask anonymously. We won't judge, criticize or hate. It's a safe place. I swear ^^ 

Oh, for everyone that will check it, I'm Kaisa. My girlfriend is Taisin. Please don't be afraid! 

We made this tumblr because we see so many lost souls right now and they don't have guidance so, please, if you're lost. Ask us. We might not know what to say but we can promise that we'll be your instant friend. 

We care, I promise. We don't mind what's your situation. Remember, your still human. Your a person with a heart and soul and no one can take that away from you. 

We hope to see you there. :)