Chapter 5

A Surprising Relationship

 

 Even though I felt as guilty as ever and miss her so badly. I can't make myself avoid sweets for two weeks! That's like an eternity of torture for a shikshin like me. No ice cream and cakes and pastries and hoddeok and yakgwa...Before I knew it, I was drooling. I snapped out of my sweet daydreaming and wipe off the drool on the edge of my mouth. No! I can't avoid sweets. I have to do my best and keep eating all the sweets I want!! I thought to myself childishly.
  
 I toss and turn in my bed. I've been thinking so hard these past night, it's making my head hurt. I looked at my wall clock, 1:23am...I groan. "Sunny-ah...why did you make my life so complicated? I wish that I can just be with you...but I can't let myself feel that kind of heartbreak anymore. You don't know how much I wish the one that'll put that cute smile on your face...the one who'll make you happy...the one who'll hold you tight at lonely nights or be the shoulder to cry on when you need it." I ranted to myself. "See? You're making me crazy, talking to myself...just like what you do when you're with me...my whole body flutters in everything you do..." I sighed. "Too bad that I know that you'll never possibly like me..." I sighed heavily and stared at my ceiling.
 
 I pulled my blanket closer to me when the cold wind gushed in my window, I shivered. It's pretty cold tonight. I rubbed my hands together and scrunged up my toes. I changed my position on the bed, I faced the other way and I stared at my wall. "You." I said angrily to the wall. "What do you think I should do? If I avoid Sunny, I'll feel guilty and my heart longs for her 'causing me to suffer but I'm saving myself from a broken heart but if I continue to be with Sunny, I know that I'll only fall for her harder and my feelings won't get returned and that will hurt a lot causing me to suffer again but I'll be with her everyday surrounded with her irresistable aegyo." I sighed and clsoed my eyes, irritated. "God, I'm talking to a wall now." I groan. "Just sleep, Sooyoung, just sleep!!" I commanded myself, and surprisingly, my eyelids started to become heavy so eventually, I fell asleep.
 
~~~~~
  
 I woke up with my usual routine and headed off to school, facing another day of torture. I stared at the scene around me, the green healthy trees are swaying in the relaxing breeze and the leaves who get lose get to play along the wind, I sighed. The other students who are with me to walking to school have their own friends and they're chatting happily as if they have no problems, I sighed again. How come it's so perfect when you look around here but if you look at me, I'm a wreck!? I sighed again. I really need to eat a lot later to relieve this stress. It's not good for me to be stressed like this when I'm so young. (Author: LOL. If you guys get it then you're a big Sooyoung fan. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it as an insult, it just happened to be a coincidence)
 
 I stepped in the room, Sunny was sitting on her desk with her arms and head on the table, she wasn't moving. I walk to my seat and place my bag down. I stared at her, she's not moving. I poke her back, nothing. "Sunny-ah." No answer. She moves her head, I jumped. She was sleeping. Aw...she's so cute,  her eyes are closed and she scrunches up her nose every once and a while. I shook my head. "No, Sooyoung, don't think about it." But even though I said that, I still glanced at her every few minutes. 
  
 She woke up when the teacher came in, she was so clueless when she looked around, "Oh...class is starting, wow, everybody's here? Cool...when I went in, only 2 people were in here." She mumbled to herself. I giggled silently. She yawns and stretches. "Yahh...I'm hungry." She mumbles to herself again. 
  
 I threw her a small bag of chips. She stares at me, confused. I can't stand to see anybody hungry and I did have an extra small bag of chips that I didn't finish yesterday. But she eventually blushes and gives a sheepish smile. [italic] you're breaking you're promise [italic] "Tch." I looked away and listened to Mr. Kim
 
 I peeked at her, she was happily eating the chips away, smiling cutely. I can't help but smile too, she's so cute. 
 
~~~~~
 
 From homeroom to P.E class, I tried my best avoiding her which surprisingly went well because she wasn't that hyper and attentive to me that much anymore. Just about when it required, she asked me or when it's needed for another person she asks me but I always declined, it still hurts me to see that disappointed face though. Like a big pang to the heart. 
 
 "Girls, get in your swimming gear and let's get this lesson started." Our PE teacher instructed.
 
 "Yes, Ms. Lee." We replied and went in the changing room to put on our swimming attire. 
 
 When Sunny got out of the stall, I almost drooled. Her swimsuit showed her perfect height and body ratio and her oh-so-sweet curves... I stared at her. I stared and stared until I was interrupted. "Sooyoung. Sooyoung! Hey, Sooyoung!!" Tiffany waves her hand in front of me. I snapped back to reality.
 
 "Oh sorry, Tiffany. You're done."
 
 "Yeah, you can go in now." She smiles brightly and makes way for me to enter the stall. 
 
 "Yah!! Fany-ah, are you flirting with somebody?" Someone from another line says.
 
 "Taeyeon-ah. Never, you're my wifey, remember?" Tiffany giggles and walks over to her "wifey". I enter the stall and get changed before our teacher yells at us for being so slow.
 
 As I thought, yeah she yelled. "Hurry up!! You're taking up our entire period with just changing!!" She yelled impatiently. 
 
 We doubled are speed and scurried out of the changing room. We lined up near the edge of the swimming pool. I was staring at Sunny's y body the whole time, I kept myself from drooling and when she looks this way, I look away and listen to the teacher. I couldn't take my eyes off her and I even tried focusing on the lesson, but failed. All I heard from the teacher was 'freestyle, and how to do it properly and move your arms making an S-line. Because of my height, I was confident that I can do this without drowning. "Alright, first line, give me one lap from her to the end of the pool and back again using the freestyle technique." First line included Sunny. As they were going, Teacher explained further, and since I couldn't really see her well because of the splashing of water, I listened carefully. "Keep kicking and breathing when you raise left arm." And she explained more, the first line came back, they climbed from the pool and I looked for Sunny but she wasn't there.
 
 "Hey, where's Sunny?" A girl from the back said. Everyone started looking and they spotted her desperately trying to breath in the middle of the pool.
 
 "Somebody!! Throw her a life ring!!" The teacher exclaimed. They were still finding it but I was already in the pool, swimming to her. I had no idea that I was even doing the freestyle. 
 
 The middle of the pool wasn't so bad, it only reached my chin and I could still breath but I guess since Sunny was shorter than me, I took hold of her waist. "Sooyoungie...?" She coughed with a lot of water coming out of . 
 
 "Hey..." I smiled at her, since she's okay. I didn't even know that I was tensed up until I relaxed my shoulders. The teacher threw us the life ring and I grabbed it, she pulled us back to the ground and I held Sunny tightly and let her rest on the ground. She coughed so much, I worried massively, my stomach tucked itself and I tensed up again. She took in so much water and for her little body, that musn't be good. 
 
 "I'm okay.." She says but coughs again. 
 
 "No, you're not. Drinking all that water with chlorine is bad for you." Everybody gets a towel to dry Sunny. She wipe her all over, I can just stand and watch. "Sunny, you have to go to the clinic, who do you want to accompany you?"
 
 "S..." She coughs. "Sooyoungie..." She mumbles. I widen my eyes. Everybody stares at me in jealous and moves to make way for me. I blush in embarrassment. 
 
 "Sooyoung, say to the nurse what happened. You're excused today." 
 
 "Yes ma'am." I said politely and turned to Sunny. "Sunny-ah...do you want to ride on my back or carry you in my arms?"
 
 "Hmm...on your back..." she mumbles. 
 
 "Okay." I turn, her back facing me. "Get on." She smiles and slowly gets on, I support her by holding her thighs firmly and she wraps her arms around my neck. "Comfy?"
 
 "Mm-hmm..." She smiles. "Thank you, Sooyoungie..."
 
 "No problem." Yes it is a big problem. My heart is beating so fast, you know that!? I walk to the clinic, it actually felt good for Sunny to be so close to me and sleeping comfortably on my back. I only fall for her harder each day...I know it's no use avoiding her but...I can't bring myself to face the day that she'll reject me. I sighed. 
 
When I reached the clinic, they told me to place her on the cot and that she'll be fine. I bowed. "Please take good care of Sunny." I said politely and went back to class.
 
~~~~~
 
To be honest, it was kind of boring without her beside me but it was a relief that I didn't need to be on guard. I sighed...I practically broke my promise. But it was the right thing to do right? And if I didn't do it, who knows what might've happened to her... I don't want that. I looked beside me and sighed. She isn't here yet even though it's been 2 hours. 1 more class left to go after this. 
  
And just when I just thought about it, she popped in the door. The teacher stops to look at the person in the door way. "Uhm, Mr. Choi. I came from the clinic, I'm sorry to have skipped some of your lessons."
 
"Oh it's okay, Sunny. I heard it from your PE teacher, you may just take your seat." He says with a smile.
 
"Thank you." She bows politely and heads over to the empty seat next to me.  She smiled cutely at me and focused on the lesson. I looked at her if she was fine for a few seconds and turned back to the lesson.
 
~~~~
 
  Time flew by and it was dismissal. I packed my stuff and head on home excitedly, knowing that it was weekend tomorrow, I can relax myself.
 
  Hmm...I wonder if it was really a good thing for me to have saved her. I mean, yeah it was but couldn't somebody else save her? It's just...I sighed. Yeah I know, I'm in love with her.
 
  "Sooyoungie!!" I heard Sunny's voice behind me. Oh no...I thought the week was over...I cringe and slowly turned around...[Italic] Just one time...One time in this week...after this, I'll really abide my promise then...  [italic]
 
"Hey, wanna get some ice cream? It's the least I can do for saving me a while ago... " She asked, shyly. When she mentioned food, I immediately wanted to go with her. 
 
"Sure." 
 
"Great!" She smiles cutely. "Let's go then." She walks beside me, excitedly. [italic] It's only one time...there's nothing bad with it...right?[italic] 
 She had an aegyo filled smile the whole time she was standing beside me. I had no idea why though, did she really want to be friends with me that badly? I stared at her as she bought us the ice cream. She turns around, I became alert. "Ahh. Sooyoungie, what flavor do you want?"
 
"Hmm...chocolate."
 
"Okay." She smiles at me then back to the ice cream vendor. I noticed that she had a new bag, it was brown this time and it said, Chocolate; the OTHER major food group. I covered my mouth to keep from giggling. How many bags does she have like this? I wanna ask her but I don't wanna become more attached by talking to her and finding out more. "Here." She hands me a wafer cone with chocolate ice cream. I took it uneasily.
 
"T-Thanks..."
 
"C'mon, let's sit there." She points over to the swings. I just nodded. I the top of the ice cream, I smile at the frozen creamy goodness. She takes the red seat and I take the blue seat. "Is it good?" I it the last bit of it. "Yah! Sooyoungie! You eat so fast!!" She said shocked. I start to feel that uneasy feeling when I'm with her again...blushing face and butterflies in my stomach. I can't stop it. "Hmm...you really are a shikshin." She giggles. "But you're a nice person...your the only one who probably sees the real me...everyone else acts like I'm the greatest thing that ever lived. They act like they're not themselves..." I turn to her, carefully listening to what she's saying. She kicks the dirt on the ground like a little kid, she's blushing. Wait, what?! She's blushing?! She looks so cute...argh...I can't handle this anymore... "...not like anybody else." She finishes. I involunatarily reached out and caressed her face, she looks at me surprised. She was blushing madly and I was sure that I was too. I slowly leaned to her, eyeing her lips. "Sooyoungie..." She says, shyly and she slowly closes her eyes. I smile and look at her cute face and kiss her gently. 
  
I had no idea for how long and how much I've been wanting to kiss her. To feel her lips...her soft hypnotizing lips. Her lips taste so sweet, like honey...wow, yummy. And surprisingly, she kisses me back. 
  
I pull away because I was out of breath, a good 10 seconds though. I snapped out of my thoughts when I just realized that I gave her my first kiss and I said to myself that nothing bad will happen with just this one time but something did!! We kissed for God sake!! "U-uhmm...Sooyoungie..." She broke the silence, I do not want to hear her reaction and break my heart.
  
"Well, I need to go. Bye." I grabbed my bag and quickly ran off. 
 
---
 
Sorry late update~
Posting 3 chapters~