Attempt 2

Dare

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

 A boyfriend joins her girlfriend for lunch.

 That was the sentence that kept on running through Kai’s head. After what happened yesterday, he’s been thinking if he would try and invite you for lunch. But, what will you say? Will you be all sad again? What if Lu Han sees the two of you again? Kai knows that Lu Han somewhat likes you - and more to that, Lu Han’s one of Kai best friends. *Ugh… I don’t know anymore…* Wait, why does he think about this too much? It’s just a dare, right? It won’t affect his life that much… Would it?

 *Why am I putting so much effort into this?!* Kai massaged his forehead while taking down notes. *One reason. I’ll try to gain her attention. Why? She’s… Different. She’s not like one of those fan girls.* Kai took a glance at his right, only to see the girls looking at him – giggling and chuckling at each other. Kai sighed and shook his head. *It was actually the first time someone rejected me. I mean, ME. Kim Jong-in...*

 *And secondly, it’s a dare, so I’m supposed to do it.* Kai paused writing when he heard the bell rang. He stuffed his things back to his bag and stood up. *But then… Why am I putting too much meaning into this?!* Kai sighed as he exited the room. He saw you and Sehun only a few meters away from him. He neared the two of you.

 

 

 “How’s it going with Kai, Noona?”

 “I told you to stop calling me that.” You dodged the question.

 “But why?”

 “Why? Because everyone will find out that we’re siblings!”

 “They don’t know yet?!” Sehun shouted.

 “Quiet! Sheesh…” You rolled your eyes and continued walking. “Why don’t they don’t know yet?!” Sehun asked. “I’m trying to keep my profile down.” You replied. “Ha?” Sehun innocently blinked a few times. “If they knew that I’m your sister, they would keep on asking me stupid stuff about you, you dum-dum.” You poked Sehun’s nose. “Well, you’re making it obvious~” Sehun pointed out as he walked away from you, “Bye noona~ I’m going to meet with Lu Han-hyung!”

 “H-Hey, wait!” You tried to catch up but a certain pair of hands grabbed your waist and hollered you up, “Wha?!” “You’re not going anywhere.” You looked down to see Kai smirking. You can see from up high that everyone’s staring at you now. “Yah! Put me down, you babo! You’re attracting attention!” You struggled. Eventually, Kai put you down near him and put his arm around your neck. You realized that all the girls in the corridor are glaring daggers at you. *Low profile. What more could I ask?* You want to cry inside.

 “Where are we going now?!” You eyed Kai with narrow eyes. “We’re eating together~” Kai grinned. “Uh-huh. No way,” you removed his hand which was hagging by your neck. “I’m eating lunch with Hyeri.” *If you just didn’t lift me up, I’m probably eating with Sehun and Lu Han right now.* You started walking briskly, but then, Kai shoved you and threatened, “If you go, I’ll lift you up again.” He grinned evilly.

 *Ugh… I hate this guy.* You stomped your feet, “Ugh, fine!” You answered with a sour face. “Come, let’s go.” Kai grabbed your hand and dragged you to the cafeteria.

 

 

 “Wait for me at that empty table.” You pointed Kai the empty table you were talking about. He nodded as you walked to the table holding a tray full of food. You placed it on top of the white, elongated table and sat down. You got your cell phone and started punching letters on it.

 Hey Hyeri, wanna eat with us?

 You pressed the ‘Send’ button and waited for a reply. You started eating and halved your chopsticks. After a while, you felt your phone vibrate; Hyeri replied.

 Us?

 You texted her back –

 Yep. With your Kai oppa~

 You chuckled as you pressed the ‘Send’ button. “What are you laughing at?” Kai asked as he squeezed his body beside you. “Nothing~” You smiled as you poked your food. *She’s probably enjoying it.* Kai stared at you and started eating.

 The ‘romantic’ moment, as described by Kai, was ruined when someone sat in front of the two of you. She placed her tray on the table and caught yours and Kai’s attention, “Anneyeong~” Hyeri’s smile stretched up to her ears. “Hey Hyeri~” You waved your chopsticks at her. “What are you eating~?” She asked as she puffed food into . “Kimchi Fried Rice.” You answered back.

 While the two of you were talking normally like no one is beside you, Kai blinked innocently at the two of you. Kai leaned and whispered, “What is she doing here?” “I invited her.” You faced Kai and tucked the spoon with Kimchi Fried Rice into your mouth. Kai found it cute, but he shook the thought of, “But I thought it’s going to be only the two of us?!” “The more, the merrier, right?” You glanced at Hyeri, and so is Kai. Hyeri waved her chopsticks and smiled at the two of you.

 Kai sighed as he silently ate his food while the two of you were talking about girly stuff. *And I thought this’ supposed to work…?* Kai sighed as he rested his chin on top of his palm. Hyeri and you were laughing while you noticed that Kai kept on sighing every single time. You felt a little guilty at what you did. Hyeri leaned near you and whispered against your ear, “Are you and Kai really dating?”

 “For the last time, we’re not yet dating!” *I wish we weren’t…*

 “Oh, then… Why do I feel that a sad aura’s surrounding him?”

 Hyeri and you glanced at Kai who was poking his food.

 You sighed, “Let’s leave him like that for a while…” The two of you went back to eating.

 

 

 The whole English class with Kai was… awkward. Kai was writing notes – with his head rested on his right palm. While you kept staring at him with anxious eyes; Kai noticed this and literally blushed. *What the heck is she looking at with those bambi eyes?!* Kai glanced at you who was not taking her eyes off of the tanned boy. *Is there something in my face?* Kai searched for any dirt or something at his face.

 You ripped a piece of paper from your notebook and scribbled something down. You threw it at Kai –

 You okay?

 *Ha…?* Kai glanced at you who was taking notes oh so silently. *She’s actually worried about me?!* Kai got his pen and replied.

 Why’d you ask?

 You wrote something at the paper and passed it on to Kai –

 You look down.

 “Pfft…” Kai chuckled under his palm. *She actually noticed it?*

 Nah~ I’m fine.

 You sighed upon looking at Kai’s reply. Then suddenly, and idea popped on your head and you wrote back;

 Meet me at the main gate later.

 *Seriously?!* Kai grinned in excitement.

 

 

 You were standing in front of the main entrance, waiting for Kai to approach you. *This feels weird. The girl will have to ask and wait…* You rolled your eyes and saw Kai nearing you by your peripheral vision. “Where have you been?” You asked Kai. Kai just grinned and shoved you, “Where are we going anyway?” *He seems happy again.* “It’s a secret~” You childishly stuck your tongue out at him. He chuckled and put his arm around your neck for what seemed like the 10th time.

 “Do you have a habit of placing your arm around everybody’s necks?!” You asked in an irritated way. “It just shows that your mine. That I own you.” He snickered. “S-Shut up!” You stuttered, you blushed hard that your face was all red. *This girl is just so obvious.* Kai lightly shook his head.

 “Anyways, why the treat?” Kai eyed you. “I didn’t say I’d treat you. You pay on your own.” You shot Kai a look. “ * Oh Minyeol~” Kai cooed. “Tch. Shut up!” You chuckled. “Ah! We’re here!” You pointed at the French-styled café which was only a stone’s throw away from the university. “Eh? Why – “ “Come on!” You didn’t let Kai finish his sentence; instead, you grabbed his arm and rushed in the café.

 

 

 “Ugh… I’m starving.” You said as the waitress placed your orders in front of you. Kai stared at his food like it was contaminated or something. “What’s wrong? Dig in!” You said with your mouth full. “Psh, manners.” Kai teased. “Shut up.” You tucked another spoonful of parfait. “Why’d you bring me here?” Kai asked as he brought the croissant nearer his mouth.

 “First of all, I’m hungry.”

 “Haven’t you eaten lunch a while ago?”

 “I only ate a few.”

 “Aigoo! That’s why you’re so thin!” Kai got your skinny arm and wiggled it.

 “Secondly,” You shoved Kai’s hand away. “You look down, and I thought that you hated cafeteria food.”

 *It’s not about that.* If only Kai could say that. Kai could; it’s just a piece of cake for him. But the problem is – How would he explain it? What if he says – “It’s not about that. I’m, you know, a bit sad because we didn’t have time together; only the two of us. I mean, we nearly don’t have time for ourselves. There will always be someone to in.” *Yuck.* Kai thought that it was too… weird for a guy like him to say such things. And if he would probably say that, you might answer back “Cheesy.” Or something like that.

 Another excuse popped in his mind, the DARE.  He glanced at you who was eating like there’s no tomorrow. *Surely… she still doesn’t know about it, right…?* What if he says it now and tells the truth – that this was all a bet or a dare? That he doesn’t actually loved you from the start or wanted to be your boyfriend? Well, we’re not sure about that part, but the thing is, will it hurt you? Well sure, truth hurts… But he doubts, for a dense girl like you; will it hurt?

 But it didn’t matter. He shook off those negative thoughts and glanced at you one more time. You felt like someone was looking at you, “What?” you asked Kai. Kai chuckled and took a tissue, “Slow down, geez…” He wiped the ice cream around your lips. “T-Thanks…” You thanked Kai with wandering eyes. He grinned at your happy-go-lucky self. Nothing matters at this point of time; not the dare… Nothing. The only thing is that your happy and the two of you were finally together. Only the two of you. And what else matters?

 Second Attempt: Success.

 


 

 And you thought I was in a hiatus. xD

 Lol. That was random...

 Anyways, I present to you - Chapter 8! 

 It's been a long time since I've updated. (In Author years xD)

 I'm really sorry for making you all wait! ><

 I had a terrible headache and tests kept on popping up every minute.

 Simply put - Busy Weekdays.

 Don't blame me, blame our school for putting up the 'Saturday Classes' policy. == 

 Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this (short) chapter~

 Anyone heard about SNSD coming over in the Philippines?! -shrieks- There's a rumor that EXO will be coming over as well. -fangirl feels-

 Remember: ONLY A RUMOR. (Waiting for confirmation. PFFT)

Sorry about the errors, if there are...

 Love you all~ <3

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ™