Morning Walk

Dare

 

 Time flew so fast that you didn’t notice that it’s the last day of summer, so that means…

 You were slouching on the couch as you kept on changing the channels on the TV. There was too much nonsense going through on your mind. You sighed deeply as you put the remote down beside you to watch your favorite cooking show. The house felt eerie the whole summer vacation. Everything was quiet except for the sounds coming out of the television. Your parents have gone to a business trip in America and will be back after a month. It might be boring, but you didn’t care. You’ve prayed for your parents to stay longer in America so you won’t lose your freedom.

 You hated being the only daughter of the Oh Family, and the fact that you’re the eldest. You never wanted to handle business and stuff. All you wanted is to have your own cooking show… or dance show. You’ve always loved cooking and dancing since childhood. You’re sure that your parents are rich enough to make you one… or even buy a TV station. “Noona’s not herself today~” Sehun popped out of the door and skipped his way to the sofa. “I’m only two months older than you. So don’t call me ‘noona’.” You pointed out. Sehun shrugged and sat beside you taking a sip of his bubble tea.

 Once again, the smell of taro ran across the room. He’s been drinking bubble tea like, everyday… You blame yourself for even introducing him the ‘famous’ Bubble Tea. “Where have you been?” you asked him. “I went with Lu Han- hyung – “ he paused. Sehun felt a weird feeling that he’d been stared at. And particularly, you were staring at him. “Lu Han…?” your eyes rounded. “… I mean EXO. I was with EXO at the bubble tea store~” Sehun continued. “Why didn’t you join me?” You eyed Sehun.

 “You hate the smell of delicious taro and tapioca balls~”

 “More like seeing that Kai’s face.”

 “Ouch.”

 Sehun drank his tea and kept on making noises which annoyed you. “Manners.” You blurted out. Sehun glanced an you and kept on drinking like nothing happened. “Annoyed yet?” Sehun wiggled his eyebrows. “Shut up.” You said in a blank tone. Sehun stopped drinking and his pink, soft lips. It had become a habit of him to his lips every 40 seconds… or even 30. “Why do you hate Kai hyung?” Sehun asked.

 “Didn’t I tell it to you already?”

 “Tell me what?”

 “Sehun, next time… Listen carefully.”

 “Back to topic, why do you hate him?”

 “I HATE him. Enough said.”

 Sehun narrowed his eyes at you whilst you stuck your tongue at him. The moment felt childish, but you didn’t care. You missed these times. You weren’t able to do such silly stuff with Sehun when your parents are in the house. They think it’s not ‘lady like’ for a girl to do such things, especially if she’s the heir of one of the biggest companies in Korea… or in the whole word. You felt like you were being caged from your freedom, just like in K dramas. But good thing you have Sehun to comfort you at times like those.

 “Sehun…” you muttered. “…What?” he asked worriedly. He knows what’s going to pop out of your mouth anytime now. He started scooting away from you, like you will eat him or something. *Not this again…* “Sehun, do you like me…?” There it is.

 “No.”

 “Why Sehun?”

 “No.”

 “You like me, don’t you?” you started scooting near him.

 “…No.”

 “Sehunnie~”

 “…”

 “I’m gonna do aegyo~”

 “…” Sehun eyed you and shot you a ‘you’re older than me face’. Yes, it’s true that you’re older, but it’s kinda effective for him.

 “Buing Bui – “

 “Argh! Fine. I like you, okay?! So stop bugging me…”

 Sehun angrily drank his bubble tea. You smiled and asked another question, “Am I not that attractive? If you like me, then why not the others too? I’m likable, right?” Sehun sighed, “Not everyone hates you.” “Why do they hate me?” you frowned. *Here we go again…* “Look, maybe they hate you because they find you annoying or something. Everyone has their own tastes. And maybe you’re too dense to even realize other’s feelings towards you, and even your own feelings.”

 “Maybe that is the reason…” you exhaled. “But I’m here.” Sehun cooed, “What more would you ask?” “A boyfriend.” *Like Lu Han…* You replied. Sehun pouted cutely. “Aww… Give me a hug~” you stretched your arms. Sehun willingly hugged you with his wide arms. You secretly smiled, but still depressed inside. The moment was warm when Sehun comforted you with his hug. He’s always been reliable at these situations.

“Uh… You can stop hugging me now…”

 

 

 You went to your bedroom to take your beauty sleep when it came to you that school is starting tomorrow. *I should be able to gain new friends… and that special someone…* Your thoughts shifted back to Lu Han, “And Lu Han too!” “Who?” Sehun crossed his arms and leaned against the cold, pinkish striped wall. You threw a pillow at Sehun but unfortunately, he dodged it, “Get out of my room.” “It’s not my fault I leave doors wide open.” Sehun walked away with a completely visible smirk on his face, “Night Noona~”

 “Stop saying that word!” you grumbled. “Noona! Noona! Noona! Noona!” Sehun kept on repeating, his voice was so loud that it can be heard a few blocks away. You stood up and shut your door close. A smile crept on your face, you didn't know the reason for it. You jumped on your comfy bed, grabbed your blanket and shut your eyes to dreamland.

 

 

 The morning came by. You woke up from your deep slumber and were woken up by the sunshine coming out of the window. It struck your creamy white skin and your face.  “Mmm…” you groaned. You glanced at your ticking alarm clock –

6:38 AM

*About time…* You stood up from your white, majestic bed. You put on your flats and your uniform. You stood in front of your mirror and combed your wavy, chestnut hair. You fixed every inch of yourself and headed out your room. At the time you opened your door, a smiling face greeted you, “Going already, my lady?” she asked. “I told you to call me Minyeol, Noona. Anyways, is Sehun awake?” “Not yet, my – Minyeol.” She shook her head in disagreement. You smiled and ran down the stairs. *That lazy arse… If he’s late, it’s not my fault~*

 “How about breakfast?” the maid tried to catch up. “No thanks!” you reached the door knob and twisted it, “Bye now!” you gave a small wave and exited your house, which seemed like a mansion.

 

 

 After you left the house, you saw a familiar figure leaning against the gate talking on the phone. “We have a morning practice.” Their conversation was heard all throughout.

 “Tho?” The lisp seemed familiar.

 *Sehun’s awake?* You lifted your head only to see Sehun standing in front of his window wearing such a face.

 “So it means that you have to get your lazy out of bed.”

 You snorted. Kai heard you and turned his back to see an Oh Minyeol standing before him.

 “Never attend them. And what are you doing in my house? Getoutofherethisinstant!”  Sehun spoke rapidly.

 “Never mind.” He closed the lid and gave you a small smirk. “Morning sunshine.”

 “The heck are you here?” you opened the gate. Kai gave a smirk, yet again, “I’m picking Sehu – No, I’m picking you up for school.” “I have legs.” You shot him a blank look. Kai chuckled, “I’m not waiting for Sehun. That lazy bum is so slow.” He pointed out. “Whatever.” You closed the gate and shouted “SEHUN! I’M LEAVING!” you were sure that Sehun heard that.

 Kai chuckled, yet again. “That’s not lady like to shout at her own house, you know?” *Are you even my father to say that?* You kept a straight pace, Kai who was beside you followed you like a loyal dog. “What are you doing?”

 “Taking you for a morning walk.”

 “Did I even ask for one?”

 “Well you do now.”

 *Pssh… Sarcasm…* “Kai… right?” you blurted out of the blue. “Yep.” He tucked both his hands in his pockets and started walking coolly, every girl who walked pass by him giggled and swooned over him.

 “Age?”

 “18.”

 “You... have a girlfriend?”

 “Wanna apply?”

  Kai snickered. He glanced at you and gave you a small wink. You ignored him and continued walking, *Hyeri… You owe me one.*

 “KIM JONG-IIIN!!!

 The two of you paused when both of you heard the familiar voice booming, trying to catch up from the two of you. *Sehun…* “Oops…” Kai turned his back only to see a panting Sehun and Lu Han who was standing right beside him. “Where did you go?! I thought you're gonna pick me up?!” Sehun screamed his lungs out. “Sorry Maknae, but your girl version over here,” Kai wrapped his arms around your neck, “Is better to be with.” You nudged Kai. “Well sorry for not being a girl.” Sehun crossed his arms and furrowed his eyes. You’ve never seen Sehun like this before… you’ve seen worse when you accidentally bumped into him causing him to slip his bubble tea out of his tight grip.

 After a few minutes of Kai and Sehun arguing, all of you finally noticed the little Chinese boy who was drinking his bubble tea. “Ayo Lu Han~ How’d you get here?” Kai high-fived Lu Han. “I was exiting the bubble tea store when I passed by Sehun who was running like a buffalo…or rolling, that is.” Lu Han chortled. All of you laughed while Sehun gave a straight look, “I’m not a buffalo.” *He can speak Korean… That’s a shocker.*

 All of you continued your walk to school with Sehun and Lu Han who just joined the party. Kai and Sehun were walking only a few inches advanced you and Lu Han. Kai kept on saying ‘Sorry’ to Sehun while Sehun kept on complaining about getting tripped and all. While at the back, you and Lu Han were walking quietly and peacefully. You kept on staring at Lu Han while you were thinking a topic to talk about. You coughed to attract attention.

 “So, uhm… You’re Lu Han?” you asked, trying not to meet eyes with him. He chuckled; his voice was, as you described it, ‘angelic’. “Yes.” He took a good look at you and smiled. His smile was so beautiful and precious. You felt like you were walking with an angel down to the paths of heaven. And walking with those two guys there, it felt like the miserable pits of hell. “It’s nice to meet you.” You reached out your hand. “Nice to meet you, too.” He too reached out his hand. His and your hand met and both of you shook it up and down, likewise. His hand was big and it felt rough, and yours was small and skinny. It fit perfectly.

 “So,” Kai interrupted the ‘friendly’ moment and got in between you and Lu Han. The two of you automatically broke the contact and shifted your gazes in different ways. “What’s up?” Kai put his arm around your neck and walked coolly, leaving Lu Han to scoot out of the scene. “Road kill.” You glared at Kai who grinned back. It felt like your love life was all planned out by this Kai person who you just met. “Why do you keep on doing this?” you asked him in annoyance. He leaned near your ear and whispered seductively, “Do what?” You felt chills ran down your spine. Your ears got red and Kai saw it coming. He knows his charisma has an effect on every girl. But he didn’t expect this one.

 “Ruining… stuff.” You looked away.

 “Please… Fate does all the work.”

 “So you’re saying that fate brought us here?” you laughed.

 “Maybe~ Who knows we’re meant to be.”

 “In your dreams. Now take a hike, buddy.” 

 You removed his hand, but he struggled and kept it wrapped on your neck. You were nearing the school gates when you saw a familiar figure waiting for someone. “Yeollie~ Where have you…” Hyeri saw you all ‘lovey-dovey’ with Kai… or if you could call it that. You immediately ran to your best friend’s side and grabbed her wrist. “Bye! Got to go now!” you gave a half-hearted wave at Sehun and Lu Han. Kai waved at you and you rolled your eyes. Hyeri did the same, but she waved at Kai a few minutes longer. “Bye Lu Han~” you waved both your hands up high in the air. Lu Han silently laughed and waved back at you. “What about me?” Kai asked. “Go! Go! Go!” you pushed Hyeri inside the school grounds. *Pfft… So childish.* Kai shook his head.

 

 

 “So… what’s the scoop?” Hyeri asked. “What scoop?” you glanced at her. “Yeollie! You were with my oppa!!!” Hyeri nudged you all over. “Look! I can explain!” you croaked. “I don’t need an explanation, Oh Minyeol! I need everything! Now!”Hyeri shouted. *Ugh… How could this day get any worse…?*

 

 


 

 Ayo~ Updated Chapter 2!

 I can't believe I write longer chapters for this fanfic while my first fanfic's chapters were short! Please blame my stupid brain!!!

 Anyways, got home at around 11 pm. Luckily, I was able to write some paragraphs before we leave our house. 

 Anywho, anyone who knows how to edit posters and stuff? I've been lacking posters and all for my fanfics and I need new ones. My usual editor is kinda busy, so yeah... Post on my wall if you want to make one for any of my fanfics. Further details will later be entertained. That would be a great help! ^^

 Omo! The first and second day this fanfic was released, it already had 100+ viewers?! PRAISE KRISUS. I LOVE YOU ALL!

 No really, I do.

 I hope you enjoy this chapter! Rainy day today, Chen and Suho took a little visit (if you know what I mean) -wiggles eyebrows-

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.™