Basics

Dare

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

 

"So, uh... Why'd you call me here?"

 "You'll know sooner or later~"

 You were fixing your wavy, bed hair up in front of your white dresser. At the side of the mirror, you can clearly see Kai leaning against the wall at the right - staring at you.

 

 

 Yes, he's at your house, specifically, your room, yet again... "Noona!" Sehun called out and popped his head from the door, "Where's my pants?!" "Dunno. It's at your room?" You bit your scrunchie as you gathered all your hair - not even leaving one strand, at the side of your head.

 "But it's not there! Oh... Hi Kai-hyung." Sehun greeted. Kai faced him and gave a small smirk, "Lost your pants?" "You bet I did." Sehun rolled his eyes. "Double check it. It might be there." You said as you tied up your hair into a side ponytail. Kai winked at Sehun as he exited the room. "Hold this, please." You gave Kai your hair pin and let him hold it for a while as you fixed your ponytail. *This pin's nice...* "Hey, where'd you get this?" Kai ran his thumb across the pink, with a big white flower design hairpin. 

 "I got it from Sehun... He gave it as a birthday present when I am 12." You smiled and got the hairpin from Kai's hands. "Ah! Wait..." He got it back and pinned it at your bangs. You blinked innocently at him, he stared back at you. *Minyeol... You're so pretty...* His eyes squinted. "Uh... Kai? You okay?" You asked, in a soft-spoken way. "Ah! Yeah, I'm fine..." Kai got back to his senses and scratched the back of his neck. *Somehow... He'd become soft lately.* "Thanks by the way." You smiled at him.

 "Anyways, why am I here? It's too early in the morning to call me, yeah?"

 "Yeah. But since you asked for it yesterday - "

 "Asked what?" Kai blinked at you asked he closed the door to your room.

 "For another chance, you dum-dum~" You poked his nose and smiled.

 *Ah... So that's why she called me here.* But then, Kai still doesn't understand the part why you called him. It's very unusual for you to call him over; especiallyif it's the dreaded Monday morning. "So, we're gonna start with the basics." You nodded. "Gonna start with the what?" One of Kai's eyebrows raised on his confused face. "The basics, silly!" You chuckled. "So... What are those?" Kai scratched the back of his neck, he felt like he had been at the dark all about this whole 'Boyfriend-Girlfriend' thing all along. 

 "You know… The first thing that couples do, that's why it's called the basics." You got your bag and put it on your shoulder. "How'd you know all about these?"

 "Well, you see... I learned them from reading all those romance stories. And I watched soap operas, too!" You giggled.

 "You really are a loner, huh?"

 "Yah! Shut up!" You playfully spanked Kai's arm. "At least I know something about it..." You pouted.

 "Yeah, yeah... Whatever." Kai grinned, "Wait, you're gonna leave Sehun?" Kai noticed the two of you exiting the house without Sehun. Usually, you would always go to school with him, well, except if he's really late or you're the one who's late. "Nah~ I'm sure he'll do fine. Besides, he told me that Chanyeol oppa would fetch him." You assured. *Now he's calling everyone 'Oppa'. Is she messing with me?! Am I the only person now whom she doesn't call that?!* Kai sulked inside his head.  “Sehun! We’ll be going now~” You shouted. “Yeah!” Sehun replied from across the house.

 “Okay, so we start here.” You reached out your hand. “What?” Kai stared at your hand and blinked a few times at it. “Come on! Hold it!” You encouraged. “Ah! Arasso, arasso…” Kai grabbed hold of your hand and the two of you proceeded on walking, “This is the first step, walking hand-in-hand to school, got it?” “Okay…” Kai answered. *Ugh… I feel all stupid for not knowing all these.* You happily skipped your way to the school while Kai eyed you, wearing a weird face. You seemed unusually happy. *When we touch… It always felt so… Warm.* He glanced at the entangled fingers. *Her hand is tiny…*

 *I wonder why Kai’s so serious about this whole thing. And of all wonderful people out there, why me…?* You glanced at Kai. “Anyways,” Kai interrupted your train of thought, “Do you now, uh, accept me as your official boyfriend?” Kai grinned. He seemed so enthusiastic about your answer, his eyes even shone. “Not really~ If you could call it that…” You giggled. A sigh escaped out of Kai’s lips. “You really make me wonder, you know?”

 “And so do you.” You smiled meekly at him.

 

 

 “Ugh… I’m tired.” Kai told Sehun and rubbed his eyes, “Didn’t get enough sleep last night.”

 


 “Eh? Why is that, hyung?” Sehun took a sip from his bubble tea. “Don’t know. Wait, you’re drinking that again?” Kai pointed out at Sehun’s beloved bubble tea. He shrugged. “You and your never ending bubble tea. Aren’t you getting a brain freeze from it? Aren’t you tired of it already?” Kai asked Sehun who was quietly drinking his drink; he shrugged his shoulders, yet again. Kai sighed, “If I were your sister, I would stop you from drinking your precious bubble tea.”

 “Is it that annoying?”

 “Maybe?”

 Sehun started making annoying noise with his straw and empty cup.

 “Do you even realize it’s empty?”

 “It’s half empty for me.” Sehun mocked.

 “Well yeah, it’s annoying.”

 “Kai!!!” You ran for Sehun and Kai’s pace and jerked his arm, “What?” He looked at you from behind. “Noona, what are you doing here?” Sehun asked, “Could I borrow Kai for a moment?” “Uh… Sure?” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck and watched you and Kai ran out of his sight. *I wonder why noona’s so energetic today… Where did that heartless, dense Oh Minyeol go?* Sehun went somewhere to look for his Lu Han-hyung. *I wonder if they’re already… ‘That’?*

 

 

 “Yah! Minyeol, slow down!” Kai scoffed as you dragged him down the busy corridors, “Where are we going, anyway?!” He said in between pants. “Just wait and you’ll see!” You grinned. You dragged lazy Kai along some vacant lot on campus and let him sit on some bench. “Aw come on! Don’t give me that look.” You stomped your foot and complained. Kai was making a face. “Didn’t get enough sleep, did ya?” You snickered. “Shut up…” Kai yawned and slouched at the bench. You sat beside him and revealed a box wrapped in some cloth. “What’s that?” Kai asked, eyeing the small box. Just on time, your phone rang.

 “Ah! Gotta take this. Hold this for a while, please?” You gave Kai the box and took your phone from your bag, “Yobeseyo?”

 “Yah! Yeollie! Where have you been?!”

 “I, uh…”

 “You promised we’d had lunch together…” Hyeri pouted.

 “Neh, I’m sorry~ I’m having lunch with Kai this time.”

 “Eh? With Kai – “

 “Okay! Gotta go, see ya!” You smiled and shut the lid close.

 You turned around and saw that Kai has opened the box already. *Packed lunch…? For wha - * “Tsk, tsk, tsk. Kai, can’t you learn how to wait?” You put your both hands at your hips and shook your head at Kai. Kai just sat there and innocently naively at you. “What’s this for?” You got the box and sat beside him, you took out the chopsticks and broke them into half, “Still don’t get it, do you?” You grinned at him. “Ha…?” Kai faced you, dumbfounded. *Ah… I get it now…* Using your chopsticks, you got some food and faced it at Kai.

 “Say ‘Ahh’!” You put your hand under the food to make sure that some bits won’t fall, “Ah…?” Kai parted his lips with a mixed up look. You tucked in the food inside his mouth whilst he chewed it thoroughly. “Whach’s shis?” He said while chewing. “Dubu Kimchi.” You replied, “Is it good?” Kai nodded, “Mmm… Jjang.” Kai made a thumbs up, “Wait, you cook?” He faced you. “Yep.” You smiled cheerfully at him. *So this is the basics...* Kai mentally noted. “Ah!” You shoved him another one. *Wonder why she’s doing this…* Kai faced your happy self. *Nah… As long as she’s enjoying this. I wonder where did that sarcastic Minyeol go?* Kai pondered. *Anyways~*

 “Hah! My turn~” Kai got the chopsticks out of your grasp and got some food, “Say ‘Ahh’~” He grinned.

 

 

 “Phew! I’m full.” Kai patted his stomach while you cleaned up everything. He took a glance at his watch. *And a few minutes to spare.* “Kai, I think we need to – “ You paused when you heard a ‘Thud!’ go on your lap. Kai was sleeping on your lap. “Wah… Kai! Wake up!” You shouted with a flushed face, “We’ll get scolded, I tell you.” You shook him again and again; he still won’t get up. “If I were you, you will stop this whole thing now…”

 Drop Dead.

 Out Cold.

 Kai just slept there quietly and nuzzled on your lap. You can hear his little breathes and snores. *Hm…* You chuckled lightly and Kai’s hair. *I’m gonna get scolded, you know? But, then again… I’m gonna let you enjoy this moment.* True to Kai’s words, that sarcastic, cold and noisy Oh Minyeol was gone. You smiled behind Kai’s back. Even though you kept on saying that the two of you are not dating, you kept on having this feeling that the two of you were meant together, not that it’s true or anything. For you, this is just practice. Just practice. But you kept on questioning yourself why Kai is so serious about this. *I’ll ask him that, somehow…*

 *I’m saving ‘Oppa’ for later.* Kai secretly grinned.

 

 


 

 09/30/12 (A/N: Starting now, I'mma put the date~)

 Hey guise~

 And I thought yesterday was 30. ._.

 I kept on having wrong hunches. Anyways~

 Chappie update~ Hope you like it.

 I hate it. Dreaded Monday tomorrow. I wish my mood will be the same with Minyeol tomorrow. Ugh...

 I felt like it was a long time when I updated a chapter in this one.

 I hope it's not that short, is it? ( "OAO)

 Note me about my errors. Dorky author is lazy~ ;P

 No Lu Han appearance! Not even a cameo... -_- I hate myself...

 (Been spazzing over Airport Pictures~ ;DD)

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! 

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.