Attempt 1

Dare

 

Please do not plagiarize, copy, nor claim this story yours.

Thanks.

 


 

 You and Sehun were walking your way to school. It was a bright and sunny morning. The birds are chirping and the morning breeze was cold. It was a perfect Monday. *Wish this keeps up…* You were humming and skipping like an idiot. Sehun noticed your good mood. He smirked secretly. Something was up his sleeve; he wanted to ruin your wonderful day. “Noona.” Sehun spoke. “Yes~?” you stopped skipping and faced him with a wide grin on your face. *She’s totally happy.* Sehun smiled creepily. *My plan will surely work.*

 “Are you dating him?”

 “Who?”

 “Kai-hyung! You dum-dum!”

 “What about him?”

 Sehun face-palmed. “He kissed you, right?”

 You paused a bit. *There goes my beautiful Monday morning…* “He didn’t kiss me. Got that?” “Oh really?” Sehun ran towards you. “I bet you wanted him to kiss you.” He puckered his lips and started making kissing sounds. “Ew… Sehun!” you pushed him away. The two of you laughed. “So, are you dating or not?” “Nope.” You answered immediately. “But I thought you were his girlfriend!” Sehun complained. To be honest, he was more concerned about your love life than you do.

 “He needs to test himself first.” You raised your index finger and poked his nose. Sehun got shocked with the sudden contact. He rubbed his nose and said, “Like how?” “He needs to be…. Uhm, I don’t know~ Well usually, boyfriends walk his girlfriend to school and back at home. Joins me for lunch, and – “ “So I have to do all that?” A certain familiar voice asked. It was Kai. He put both his arms at yours and Sehun’s neck and walked casually. You and Sehun eyed Kai, wondering where he came from. Kai shifted his gaze at you and smirked. Both your eyes locked. His eyes were of the color brown, they were wonderful. “What…?” you asked him, dumbfounded. “Sehun, I wanna walk my girl to school.” He told Sehun, not removing his stare at you.

 “Well excuse me,” you removed his arm that was wrapped around your neck. “I would rather walk alone, thank you very much.” You gave them a mehrong and started walking ahead of them. Kai smirked behind your back and Sehun rolled his eyes. “You know,” Sehun blurted out, “She doesn’t remember anything from yesterday.” Kai looked at him with a confused face. “Her mind is like… Uh… It’s like, it resets everyday!” Sehun said. Kai laughed, “I know.” “And then – Wait, you know?” Kai smirked as a response.

 “So, what would you do?”

 “I would do what she enumerated a while ago~”

 “Are you sure it would work?” Sehun asked.

 “…Trust me.” Kai assured.

 

 

 “Yeollie~!!!” Hyeri beamed. She was waiting by the school gates. She dashed towards you and gave you a big hug. *Can’t… breathe…* You hugged back, but you were gasping for air. She finally broke the contact and smiled, “I missed you~” “Me… Too…” you panted. “Anyways, I heard you have a boyfriend. Who was it~?” Hyeri looked at you with sprakling eyes. She was so excited that she gripped both your hands like crazy. “Ow! Ow! Ow!” you grumbled by the pain. “Woopsies, sorry~ So, who was it?” You glanced at Sehun and Kai who was nearing the school gates. You pushed Hyeri towards the school and said, “Uhm… We’ll talk about it later.” Hyeri kept on complaining as you pushed her.

 

 

 Lunch time was over. There were a few minutes to spare so you used it to talk to Hyeri. “Who was it? Who was it?!” She shook your body over and over again. “Ugh, Hyeri! How can I talk when you’re shaking me?” You asked with a shaky voice. “Fine.” She got her hands off of you, “So who was it?” “Well… We’re not actually… Uhm…” you said with averting eyes. “What?” Hyeri asked. “He’s still being tested… something like that…” you scratched the back of your neck. “Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Just tell me who is it!” Hyeri shouted. You took a deep sigh and parted your lips.

 “It’s Kai.”

 Hyeri’s eyes rounded like D.O’s, which seemed attractive. “You have got to be kidding me…” her eyebrows furrowed while her lips were parted into a big ‘O’. “Do I look like I’m kidding?” you shot her a narrow look. “Girl, you’re so lucky…” She pitied herself. “Call me lucky, I don’t care. I wish he wasn’t my boyfriend.” You sighed.

 RIIIIING!

 “Oops! There’s the bell, see ya!” You ran to your next class and left Hyeri waving at you.

 *Kai’s her…* The unknown guy gulped, *Girlfriend…?* He got out of his hiding spot and exhaled deeply. *That’s right… Sehun dared him.* Lu Han frowned.

 

 

 You took a seat at the nearly end of your room and fixed your things. You were all set and ready; you were only waiting for the teacher and discuss boring stuff you already knew. Someone sat beside you. You took a glance. It was Kai. Wait, Kai?! You took another look and saw him smiling at you. “Surprised?” he smirked. *What the heck?!* You leaned near him and whispered, “You took English as your major?!” “Yep~” he replied. “I’ve never seen you in my English classes, not even once!” You screamed in a whispering manner. “Well too bad, you’ll do now.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

 *I hate my life…*

 The teacher finally entered and shouted at the top of her voice, “QUIET!” Everyone looked at the teacher and stood straight and still. “I’ll be your substitute teacher for today, because I heard that the teacher assigned to teach for this class was glued on his chair…” she shook her head. Everyone snorted and chuckled. “Okay! Let’s start!” she shouted. Everyone automatically stopped laughing and browsed their notebooks. You were busy doing your thing when a small piece of paper flipped near your hand. You got it and looked side-to-side. You passed it to the girl sitting at your left.

 *What the…* Kai immediately rose from his seat and shoved the note away. You tilted your head and gave him a confused face. He gave the paper to you. You pointed at yourself, asking him if it was for you, and Kai nodded. *For me…?* You opened the note to read it –

 

 Ayo~

 

 *All these trouble for one stupid word?* Your eyebrows narrowed. You got your pen and wrote your reply –

 

What now?!

 

 You threw the note at Kai. He opened it and immediately answered. He gave the note back to you.

 

 You free later?

 

 *I wish I wasn’t…* Your lips curved into a frown and scribbled down on the paper –

 

 What do you want?

 

 You threw it back at Kai.

 

 Meet me at the main gate after school. DON’T BRING ANYONE, okay?

 

 Kai passed it to you. You were ready to read it when Kai retrieved it back and added a little sentence –

 

 Meet me at the main gate after school. DON’T BRING ANYONE, okay? Not even your brother.

 

 You rolled your eyes and replied –

 

 Fine.

 

 “Miss Oh!!!” The teacher called upon your name. You lifted your head and answered, “Sonsaeng-nim, the answer is Shakesphere.” The teacher smiled, she nodded and got back to talking. Kai stared at you with an amused face. *She’s not even listening at all…*

 

 

 “Sorry Hyeri! Boyfriend – “ You put your fingers up at the air and made some ‘Quotation’ sign. “ – Is  going to pick me up.” *That is, if that’s his plan…* Hyeri gave a sad nod and frowned. “Don’t worry… I’ll meet up with you tomorrow, okay?” She gave a weak smile. “Bye now!” You smiled and waved at her. She waved back. *I hope you enjoy your time…* Hyeri smiled and shook her head.

 As you made your way towards the school gates, you saw Lu Han leaning against the wall. He noticed you advancing forward so he neared you. “Hi Lu Han!!!” you enthusiastically waved at him. He gave a thin smile and spoke, “How’s it going with you and… Kai?” he asked, looking down at the ground. *He knows?!* “I, uh… Uhm…” you scratched the back of your head and bit your bottom lip. *What should I say…?* You were panicking inside your head. Your thoughts were interrupted when –

 “Minyeol…? Lu Han?”

 Kai eyed at the two of you. You looked at Kai and walked a few inches near him. “Bye Lu Han…” you whispered whilst Kai was waiting for you. He lifted his head and smiled weakly as a reply. Kai and you got out of the school. He was, well, being his usual self when he noticed you walking with your head down. “What’s wrong?” he asked with anxious eyes. “Nothing…” you kicked the rock that was on your way. You sighed. Now Kai was very worried.

 He remembered you talking with Lu Han. Both your heads were facing the dirt. *Is she sad? Did Lu Han do something wrong? Or…* Kai glanced at your melancholic self once more. “He… knows?” He asked out of the sudden. You faced Kai and nodded. Kai sighed and faced the ground, too.

 

 

 The whole time you walked with Kai was silent, and awkward… and well, sad. The two of you finally reached your house. None of you spoke the whole time. Not even a word. All Kai and you did was sigh and face the ground. “Well, bye…” Kai gave a small wave and headed to his house. You took one last sigh and entered your house. Kai was facing the ground, yet again, as he made his way home. He thought about it. You like Lu Han more than him. That was the truth. He wanted to change that… but it might hurt your feelings. Practically, it was the first time he cared about a certain someone. Except his friends and family, that is. Is he doing this all because of that dare? Does he really have feelings for you? Or he don't? There's only one thing that's clear here... This whole game never felt like one anymore.

 *I’m sorry…*

 First Attempt: Failed.

 

 


 

 Hey all! Finally updated!

 I hope you enjoyed this... Uh, crappy chapter? 

 I'm making this short. I'm already sleepy and the back of my neck hurts.

 Anyways, I've find out that EXO really likes to play 'Truth or Dare'. Krisus! 

 I think I can update tomorrow. There's no classes so, yeah~

 Note me about my typos~

 I think the title wasn't appropriate for this chappie. xD

 My first fanfic reached 700+ views?! I LOVE YOU ALL. -cries a lot-

 Okay, I'll spazz over Tao now.

 Be right back, killing myself. xD

 (My Sweet) Panda Next Door: Chapter 11 - Updated!

 READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.™