You Look...

I Really Like You

The next day, I woke up late. I don't know how I overslept. I never have. I quickly washed up and changed into my uniform. I ran downtairs with my shoes and ate some fruit. I ran out trying to put my shoes on and with my backpack. I ran to school and quickly ran to my classroom.

 

"Ms. Choi, you're late!" Mr. Oh scolded me.

 

"I'm sorry," I bowed.

 

"Don't let it happen again," he said.

 

"Yes," I bowed again and headed straight to my seat.

 

I started jotting down notes then I realised I forgot my glasses. Oh darn it! I can't see well. I started squinting. It kind of worked. I could see a bit.

 

"Okay, kids, go with your partners and work on your project," Mr. Oh said.

 

"Yes," we said. Yuri turned around and smiled at me.

 

"You look so pretty," she said.

 

"Thanks," I smiled.

 

Yuri got up and waved at me as she went to Ren. She was partners with him. JR came and sat next to me. I took out The Korean Cinderella. He looked at me weird.

 

"You look..." he began.

 

"Ugly? Yeah. I get it, you don't have to tell me," I said,"How should we start out project?"

 

"No. I mean... uhhh. You look pretty," he smiled.

 

"Don't say that, okay? I don't need or want that from you," I said,"I think we should start about how the story goes."

 

"Uhhh. Okay," he said.

 

"Pear Blossom, a lovely girl who is sorely mistreated by her nasty stepmother and stepsister," I said.

 

Then we discussed everything about the book. He kept staring at me. I hated it. I ignored him though. We continued and decided to do a poster with all the information. Then we were done talking about the project.

 

"Eunmi," he began,"you really look pretty."

 

"Don't address me so casually," I looked at him in the eyes. He pulled a strand of hair behind my ear and smiled.

 

"Eunmi-ssi," he said,"you really look pretty. I mean it."

 

"Just stop!" I snapped.

 

"Why are you like this to me? We're best friends," he said. Those words stung me.

 

"Since when?" I said.

 

Then the bell rang. I immediately got up and waited for Ren, Baekho, Aron, Minhyun, Yuri, Minah, and Jisun. Then we went to the cafeteria.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have 2 more days of band camp! On friday, I get out at 12:00PM! So happy!!! I finally get to sleep... but I'm going to the zoo on Saturday :( no rest day