How We Became Friends

I Really Like You

I ran with tears running down my face. I stopped under a tree and cried for a while. People were always mean. They make fun of me for being a nerd to the extent of making me cry. Then I felt someone sit beside me. I looked over. It was JR. The JR. He was crying too. It was a silent cry though. I've never seen a guy cry before. Maybe my dad, but that was because my aunt died. Is he okay though?

 

"Are you okay?" I asked in a soft voice. He looked at me.

 

"What?" he snapped. I backed away a bit.

 

"Are you okay?" I asked again.

 

"Oh... yeah," he nodded. I nodded back.

 

Omo! I just talked to him. Wahh! I did it! I never had the courage to talk to any guys I have liked before! Then I started hiccuping. I started sniffling a bit. When I cry my nose get all stuffy. JR looked at me. My face turned red.

 

"Are you okay," he asked me this time.

 

"Yeah," I nodded. He lightly smiled.

 

I'm so happy I talked to him. Its the first time I had the courage to do anything. I smiled to myself. Then the bell rang. I was going to get up, but JR pulled out his hand.

 

"Let me help you up," he smiled. I nodded and grabbed his arm. He helped my up.

 

"Thanks," I said.

 

I took off my glasses and quickly started wiping my tears, but then JR grabbed my hand and wiped the tears away. Then he smiled at me. I nodded slightly and put back my glasses. I started walking back to class. I touched my face. I can't believe it...