The Steps I Took to Learn to Love by KpopBlake

Coffee Delight Request Shop [Closed]

 

STORY LINK

Reviewer: kpoplistener

 

Title: 4/5

I really liked the title. It was unique, and it gave off a fluffy vibe. It also gives me an inkling idea of what your story will be without really summarizing the whole story in eight words. I docked one point, for I thought it was a tad bit too long.

 

Appearance: 5/5

Very clean and elegant. There were no blinding fonts there, or huge letters there. Good job. Also, the poster is amazing. It came from our shop. 

 

Foreword/Description: 3/5

Ah, the foreword and the description.There are many ways to write a description and foreword. A description is a place to put your summary, like in a real novel or book. A foreword is where you put your author's note, or even a scene from your story. I appreciated how you presented your description, so it would look clean and organized. However, it revealed too much of your story. When I read the last paragraph of your description, I knew that Chun Hei would first hate Kai for trying to soften her up but then end up falling in love with him. 

 

Characterization: 10/10

Absolutely amazing. I could understand each and every character perfectly.

Chun Hei's character couldn't have been clearer. She's mean, arrogant, lazy, but she still scores high grades (High grades which I mean grades that are higher than a C). She's also a bit violent, when she's suddenly touched in one part of her body. I like how she has her badass personality, yet I still can't help but love her. She's independent and strong, and very cold and rude. However, she has a soft spot for Ryung, her not blood related sister. You were consistent with her character, and she gradually developed as the story progresses.

 

Kai's character was someone I understood very clearly too. He hates vegetables (to the point he can throw them up), he likes annoying Chun Hei, and he's very caring, though he shows in indirectly and secretly. His main goal in the story though is to tease ChunChun to death. I liked his character very much, and he showed a lot of sides of his personality.

 

Originality: 4/5

The plot is not very original. Cold girl meets boy who will break down her cold exterior. It's not overused though, which was good.

 

Plot: 13/15

The plot wasn't very interesting, and it was easy to understand. You had one goal, which was for ChunChun to change because of Kai. There were a lot of characters that shaped up the plot though. The characters, and the way you wrote it, makes the plot completely different. There were also no plotholes, which is good.

 

Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation: 23/25

Here are the two mistakes I have found:

 

 

…and I was forbid to come in the house…

Correct: …and I was forbidden to come in the house…

It should be ‘forbidden’ since you’re describing her not coming to the house. The word ‘forbid’ is used as a verb. However, in your case, you only probably wanted to describe her. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

 

 

We're you the only one in the family that was taught manners?"

Correct: Were you the only one in the family that was taught manners?”

You didn’t need to put an apostrophe in the word ‘were’ for that would already mean ‘we are’.

 

Flow: 10/10

You had a nice pace, it wasn't too fast nor too slow and I kept up with it alright. What I especially liked about the flow is that Chun Hei and Kai's relationship grew slowly. 

 

Enjoyment: 10/15

It was funny at some parts, and I like Chun Hei's sarcasm at times. It was just a bit tiringto read, for every chapter is a tad bit too long, and you were a bit too detailed to the point I skimmed through a paragraph that contained ten, long sentences.

 

Bonus: 5/5

You have a stable plot, amazing characterization and clean appearance. Great job. 

 

Total: 87/100

 

*** Please remember to credit the shop and the reviewer!