When the World Ends in Ice by hopelessly_hopeful

Coffee Delight Request Shop [Closed]

STORY LINK

Reviewer: kpoplistener

 

 

Title: 4/5

I can honestly say, hands down, it's pretty unique. It didn't relate to the story just yet, but I have to giveyou props for the amazing title. It was seriously eye catching, and I liked it. 

 

Appearance: 15/15

I know I should be strict with this review, but the poster matched your story perfectly! Kudos to whoever made it! The part in the poster where Eunhyuk had blonde hair emphasized his snowy appearance. Also, the picture of the snowflake and lightning that was blended in?! It was really beautiful. 

 

Foreword/Description: 1/5

I'm sorry, but this is where it went downhill. Amazing poster, amazing title, but when I got to the Foreword and Description... I didn't like it. I was hoping for a deep summary, or a poem that could leave us eager readers guessing. Instead, you gave us the title, the genre, the pairings, etc. even though it was obvious at first. The summary was also too short. I feel stories like yours should have a well thought out description and foreword, for it's a fantasy kind of fanfiction where it requires alot of thinking. I have to say, I was deeply disappointed.

 

Characterization: 10/10

Incredible. There's no other word for it. The way you described your characters were so detailed, so precise that I often lose myself into reading it than reviewing it like I should do. Every little detail about them, you wrote them down. Not in a boring way, though. I could easily understand the characters. Eunhyuk is someone that's confused. Should he give in to Donghae, or continue fighting harder than before? 

He really did like Donghae, but like you said, Eunhyuk was the total opposite of Donghae. 

When Donghae is carefree and adventurous, Eunhyuk is obedient and cautious. They have contrasting personalities, but you somehow made them work. I really like how you also wrote Donghae's character. He was someone Eunhyuk thought to be a player and someone who doesn't give a damn about another's feelings. I actually hated Donghae, because I felt sorry for Eunhyuk. However, when it was Donghae's point of view of the story, I realized he wasn't a bad guy after all.

He really loved Eunhyuk, but the snow fairy just couldn't accept it. He also has a loving and kind heart, but he reserves it only for his beloved fairy. I like how you made Eunhyuk think Donghae's a bad guy, when in reality, he's one of the sweetest and most caring characters I have ever read about. 

 

Originality: 5/5

I have never read a story like yours. It's not very common to read about fairies, and I was pleasantly surprised on how original your story was. Good job.

 

Plot: 13/15

The plot was a bit unclear to me. Is it focused on Eunhae's romance, or the world actually ending? I was really confused, and I don't get where you're going. 

 

Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation: 23/25

You only had two errors:

Mount. Fuji,

Correct: Mt. Fuji

When you want to make it shorter, the correct contraction is ‘Mt.’ not ‘Mount.’

 

Oppa what you’re made of~ <3

Correct: Oppa what you’re made of~

Try not to use symbols. It would’ve been better if you had just described the sweet words he said instead of summing it all up in a symbol. It’s a bit distracting, and it can turn the readers off.  

 

Flow: 5/10

It was a bit slow, considering you dedicating two long chapters to describe Donghae and Eunhyuk's meeting and relationship. 

 

Enjoyment: 13/15

It was a bit too long for me to read, but it's still a great story.

 

Bonus: 5/5

For blowing me away with your original plot, characters and setting. 

 

Total: 94/100

 

*** Please remember to thank the reviewer and credit the shop!