Dreams Under A Starry Night by BitterSweetHeaven

Coffee Delight Request Shop [Closed]

 

STORY LINK

Reviewer: kpoplistener

 

 

Title: 5/5

Your title was honestly, hands down, unique and different. I can't help but also add that your title is really beautiful When I read it, I can see two people under the night sky, happy side by side. It's really eye catching, and it made me want to read your story as fast as I could.

 

Appearance: 13/15

Your poster and background was light and it matched the mood of your story. I expected the poster to have at least something related to stars or to night, since your title states so. However, it was all good. I was only tired of reading the Italic word

 

Description/Foreword: 10/20

A description is a place to put a summary of your story. Instead of a summary, you put the character's profiles. It seriously turned me off. There was a lot of description in your story that could've been your summary. A writers' job is to introduce their characters as the story progresses, not before the story even starts. I have to say, I was seriously disappointed. In your Foreword, you executed it very well. It left me hanging, and I clicked 'Next' immediately. I was just saddened by your description, and I have to dock ten points, for that was the first thing the reader reads, aside from the title. 

 

Characters: 10/10

I really liked your characters. I didn't bother to read your character profiles in your description, for what is written in your foreword convinced me that you'll portray your characters very well. You did.

AJ's character was really easy to understand. He was a rich singer who had the taste of the celebrities' life. However, he didn't become singer because he loved music. I guess he only became a singer for his childhood best friend to recognize him once again, so they can unite together someday. It was a really nice twist from the other cliche characters. However, you gave him a cocky but soft personality. Honestly, I don't think you would've executed the split personality well, since most writers can't. You proved me wrong, with your incredible writing.

I especially love Kevin's character. He was kind, grateful, and he was very caring. What happened to him, which was a trauma, really made me sad. I wanted to seriously hug the poor boy. His parents died, and he became blind. That's really pitying. However, he never lost hope. He was still as caring as before. He still remembers his best friend, and I like how he infuriates AJ when he drops subtle hints about it. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

 

Originality: 15/20

Rich boy lives in the countryside for a set time and then falls in love with the country boy and learns how to become less cocky and more humble. It's a pretty obvious plot, but to me, it's not yet overused, thank God. Your story, however, is really original by the way you wrote it. 

 

Flow: 15/15

It was paced perfectly. Not too slow, and and not too fast. I really liked your pace, and it didn't leave me confused.

 

Grammar/Spelling: 10/10

Oh. My. Gosh. This is why I really like - scratch that - love your story. It was no grammar and spelling mistakes! I just can't believe it. You have a high level grasp of the English language, and I appreciated how you proof read your stories. 

 

Bonus/Extra/Overall Enjoyment: 5/5

Your story was clearly planned out, and your plot was clear. Your characters were shaped and protrayed very nicely, your grammar is flawless, and I can see potential in you as an author. Your story was very mature in my opinion, and it lacks a bit of humor. All I felt was sadness inside, because of the events that happened to Kevin. Try adding a bit of humor too, but the way you write is really great. 

 

Total Score = 83/100

 

*** Please remember to thank the reviewer and credit the shop!