Rhapsody of a Shooting Star ☄ by AutumnHearts

Coffee Delight Request Shop [Closed]

STORY LINK

Reviewer: sticky

 

Title: [5/5]

The title is beautiful, and had a really mature feel to it. It makes the readers feel curious about your story since it had come with such a nice title. I would definitely click on your story to check it out had I seen it while browsing through.
 

Appearance: [4/5]

The poster is really beautiful and pretty, I can't stop looking at it ;-;
Well, apart from that, your font and colour of the text and background is fine, but in the beginning, where it starts off with the three 'dear diary's, I would suggest that you double space the paragraphs. I think it would look aesthetically more appealing and also more appropriate since they aren't really related, so you don't have to lump them all into the same 'type' of paragraph? If you know what I mean. But they don't really affect the story so I'm only deducting one mark. :)

 

Foreword & Description: [4/5]

The foreword and description is great, totally made me feel like reading it. But I feel like the foreword is a bit... sophisticated? I had it read it a few times to understand what it meant, especially the line 'Be one`s heart pure, happiness and love is but a step away.'. And as you know, the foreword is very important since it determines whether a reader is willing to read on. If the reader doesn't understand, I'd doubt they would even bother to click the 'next' button.
But maybe that's just me, so don't take it to heart. I still like it though. ;)


Characterization: [10/10]

It was brilliant. Although it was just a one-shot, both characters progressed just at the right pace, reaching the at the end. I honestly wouldn't think of any other way the characters would end up as. I could feel their conflict for each other. Both of them still loved each other after ten years, and Hoya trying to push Eunji away just to protect her, while she still wanted to stay by his side... I think this deserves a full ten marks.

 

Originality: [5/5]

I really haven't seen anything like this, so thumbs up!

 

Plot: [12/15]

I think I enjoyed the overall plot. I honestly wouldn't have expected Hoya to still be living, much less left with only one leg. The ending was beautiful as well.
However, I would like to know whether the story was written in the diaries of Hoya or Eunji...? Since the narrator at the end states that she/he found the diaries in the attic. How would she/he have known about the whole story if only the diary entries were found? I got pretty confused at the end since I was wondering how did the narrator know about the story even though it's (most probably) not written in the entries. Did the narrator infer from the diary entries, or did I just take the whole thing out of context? I think you'll need to be a little more clearer as to linking up the narrator, diary entries and the whole Hoya/Eunji love story together. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Other than that, I think it's fine. I think it plays a big part in the story, since it's prominently displayed in the foreword page, so I'm taking away 3 marks for this.

 

Spelling/Grammar/Punctuation: [22/25]
There were quite a few (but not too many) errors in the story, mostly just spelling and punctuation errors. Nothing too major. So just read through your story again and fix them up. blank.gif


Flow: [8/10]
I felt that the part about Hoya rejecting Eunji at the end could be prolonged and written more elaborately. It seemed a bit too rushed and the conflict in it wasn't really there.
Also, I felt like it flowed nicely in the beginning - the part where Eunji narrates her story before switching to Hoya's - but after that, it started to become less... smooth. I'm not too sure how to phrase this, but instead of going through a smooth transition, I found myself constantly stopping to question the flow, before deciding that it's actually fine and continue to read to. Readers wouldn't want a story where they have to stop at every junction, so I suggest you work on that.


Enjoyment: [12/15]
I really enjoyed this story a lot! I haven't read any Pinkfinite stories before, and this one really opened my eyes. I've subscribed, just so you know I liked it. However, as I said before, I got confused halfway through (just a little bit) so it kind of disrupted the fun I had reading it.


Bonus: [4/5]
A bonus of four marks because I really liked it! blank.gif

 

Total: [86/100]


Comments: It's really a good piece of writing, filled with lots of emotions, so I suggest you keep it up and continue improving! If there's any clarifications you need, feel free to ask me! ^^

 

*** Please remember to thank the reviewer and credit the shop!