Chapter 10

No More Cologne

 

Kwangmin hailed a taxi and told the driver where to go before letting me inside, in hopes of keeping our last destination a secret.  He seemed so proud of himself. I found it kind of cute at how smug he looked. I looked out the window and watched as the sun set and the moon rose. We were driving deeper into the city.

Up ahead I could see the outdoor ice rink that was set up in the middle of town every winter. I looked over at Kwangmin and he just flashed me a smile.

“You hate ice skating.” I reminded him.

“I never learned. I was hoping you would teach me.”

The taxi pulled up to the ice rink and Kwangmin excitedly got out and paid the driver. He linked arms with me and pulled me along to the ice skate rentals.  By the look on his face, Kwangmin was most proud of organizing this part of the date. I was starting to feel guilty because I could not think of what drama he pulled this idea from.

I was able to lace up my skates pretty quickly but Kwangmin seemed to be struggling a little bit. I chuckled and patted my knee. He looked at me questioningly.

“Give me your foot, pabo.” With ease, I was able to tie Kwangmin’s ice skates and we were soon on the ice.

He laced his fingers with mine and placed our hands in his pocket. “Now this way if I fall, you’ll fall with me.” He smirked at me.

“Yah!” I pushed him lightly.

We went around the ice a few times before Kwangmin spoke again. “You don’t know what drama this is from.”

I scoffed. “Of course I know what drama this is based on. What do you take me for?”

Kwangmin poked my cheek. “A liar.”

My heart stopped. “W-w-what?”

Within the few seconds it took Kwangmin to reply, I had thought of the worst. I thought he had found out about Chunji and me. This was how he was going to break up me. Kwangmin was not a fool. He was going to break my heart right here.

“What drama is this from?” He pressed with a smirk.

“Uh…”

He nodded and let go of my hand before unsteadily skating off the ice and wobbling over to the service desk. I stayed where I was, in the middle of the ice rink, trying to fight off my tears of fear. Kwangmin still had a smirk on his face when he returned to my side.

“Turn around and look up at the sky.” He whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I did as I was told and looked up. Soon there was a big boom and fireworks lit up the night sky. All the other skaters stood and watched the fireworks as well.

Kwangmin had done this for me. Kwangmin had gone through all this trouble to pre-arrange these little dates for our anniversary and I almost ruined it.  I was going to spend the day with Teen Top, maybe more so Chunji than the other members, instead of spending time with my more than wonderful boyfriend.

I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore. I could hardly see the fireworks as more and more tears fell from my eyes. I turned into Kwangmin and buried my face in his chest. “Thank you. Thank you for everything.”

He chuckled and tried to sooth me. “Do you know what drama this is from now?”

I nodded and looked up at him, wiping my eyes. “Boys over Flowers.”

Kwangmin patted my head. “Very good.” He turned me back around and hugged me tightly. “Enjoy the show. You can cry later.”

When the fireworks were over, everyone applauded and went back to skating. Kwangmin held onto me for a few moments before letting go of me and skating a little ways away.

“Well, that was all I had planned out for tonight.” He held out his arms and bowed. “Now if you wish to give me anything, it is now your turn.”

How could I possibly top that? How could I possibly give Kwangmin anything that would be just as good as him giving me a whole day of well thought out dates? I knew I had to think of something and not just ask him, seeing as he had put so much effort into all this for me. I thought as hard as I could for something that I was sure Kwangmin would like.

“Oppa, are you doing anything tomorrow?” I asked, slowly getting an idea in my head.

Kwangmin shook his head. “Nope. I don’t have any schedule tomorrow.”

“How about tomorrow you come over to my house and we can be in our pajamas all day and just spend a lazy day together? We can watch some movies and I’ll cook delicious food for you!”

Kwangmin’s face lit up when I mention delicious food. “Will that be okay with your mom? Won’t she be home?”

I shook my head. “My mom works during the day, but I’m sure she’ll be okay with it.”

Kwangmin was getting excited. I could tell by the way the corners of his lips were curving upwards. It looked like he was holding in so much excitement. I skated over to him and kissed his cheek.

“That’s all I get?” He teased.

“For now.” I winked at him. “We can do some kissing tomorrow too.”

Kwangmin kissed me quickly before grabbing my hand in his. “Sounds good to me. How about we get you home now? It’s getting pretty late.” I nodded.

I had fallen asleep on Kwangmin’s shoulder in the taxi ride to my house. He was going to attempt to carry me in, however his attempts to get me out of the taxi woke me up.

“I’ll walk in on my own, oppa. Thank you though.” I chuckled, rubbing my eyes.

“You don’t have to call me oppa anymore. Our date is over now.” Kwangmin my cheek. “It was nice hearing oppa for once though.”

“Maybe I’ll call you oppa from time to time then if you like the way it sounds.” I placed my hand on top of his hand.

“It will be weird to everyone else when I call you Noona and you call me Oppa.” Kwangmin laughed. “They won’t be able to tell who’s older than who.”

I shook my head. “It doesn’t matter. We’re close enough in age anyways. Age is but a number.”

“Don’t get all greasy on me now.” Kwangmin pressed his nose to mine before kissing me, lightly.

As if on cue, my mom opened the front door. “Hello Kwangmin.” She smiled.

Kwangmin stepped away from me. “Hello.” He blushed. “How are you tonight?”

“I’m better now that my daughter is home before her curfew.” She smiled. “You were getting me worried tonight.”

“Sorry mom. We were having a really great time.” I told her. “I’ll head inside now. Goodnight Kwangmin. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Kwangmin waved at me. “See you tomorrow.”

“Goodnight Kwangmin.” My mom said before closing the door behind us.

 

A/N: I'm soooooo sorry it has taken me so long to update. I got really wrapped up in school work and other things so now that I am on break I will hopefully be able to update this story again and more frequently. I really hope you all liked this update. Thank you for being so patient! <3