Chapter 4

No More Cologne

 

I didn’t talk to Kwangmin for a few days, nor did I talk to any of the members of Boyfriend. My phone was blowing up with phone calls and text messages. They even called my house but I told my mom to tell them I was not home. I couldn’t face them right now. I was still trying to figure out what to do about Chunji. 
 
Finally I decided I should talk to him about the whole thing. I had to do it casually though, so I finally called Kwangmin back to tell him the excuse I had created for not answering his calls.
 
“Sora! You’re okay! Why have you been ignoring me? Is everything okay?” Kwangmin asked in a rush.
 
“Yeobo, I’m fine.” He was such a worrier. “I was just studying for my exams coming up and I didn’t want to be distracted by anything. I’m sorry for ignoring you and the others. I just want to do well on my exams.”  Honestly though my exams weren’t for another month, however Kwangmin didn’t know that and I hoped the others wouldn’t know either. 
 
“Why didn’t you just tell me that? I would have left you study. Silly girl.”  Kwangmin chuckled. “So how was your afternoon with Teen Top the other day?” 
 
I took a breath and forced a smile in hopes my voice wouldn’t betray me. “It was fun. Actually Chunji-ssi and I were going to meet up today. He’s going to help me with my math.”
 
“I’m glad you two are getting along.” Kwangmin smiled. “He told me he walked you home.”
 
My heart stopped. “You talked to him?”
 
“Yeah he called me right after he dropped you off to let me know he got you back safely.” 
 
“Ah, sorry I didn’t call you.” 
 
“It’s fine. He told me you were probably exhausted from all the fun you had over there.”
 
“Well, I should go. I have to meet up with Chunji soon.”
 
“Okay, I love you.”
 
“Love you too, Kwangmin. I’ll visit you guys tomorrow okay?”
 
“Sounds good. Bye Sora.”
 
I hung up the phone and slipped on my backpack before racing out the door. I tried to remember how to get to Teen Top’s dorm as I ran through the streets. I wanted to get this confrontation over with as soon as possible.  I soon found myself lost. I found myself going almost in circles.
 
“Sora noona?” 
 
I stopped and saw Changjo. “OH CHANGJO!” I said hugging him tightly.
 
“Is everything okay noona?” He asked sounding worried.
 
I realized I may have over reacted a bit. “I was actually trying to go to your dorm. Chunji-ssi forgot to take his jacket back the other day.”
 
“Oh, okay. We can walk there together. I had to go out and get some groceries.” Changjo held out his arm. “Follow me, noona.”
 
I linked my arm with his and we headed back towards Teen Top’s dorm. The closer to the dorm we got, the more my heart raced. How was I going to get Chunji alone to talk about the kiss? Before I could come up with a plan we were already at the dorm. 
 
“I’m back.” Changjo announced as we took our shoes off.
 
“Yeah! Food!” Niel exclaimed, racing towards us. He stopped and smiled after seeing me. “NOONA!”
 
“Sora noona is here?” Ricky asked, looking around the corner of the wall.
 
“Hey guys.” I waved. “I thought I’d come and visit since I didn’t have anything to do today.”
 
“Didn’t you say you wanted to return Chunji’s jacket?” Changjo looked at me with a confused expression.
 
“Ah…yeah…that too.” I chuckled.
 
“The hyungs aren’t back yet.” Niel told Changjo. “We should run away with noona.”
 
Ricky’s eyes lit up and he stood next to Niel. “I like that idea.” Changjo nodded in agreement. “What do you say noona?”
 
“What if we get caught on our way out? I’m sure they could be back any minute.” I said.
 
“We’ll be fine.” Niel scoffed. “It can be like a mission impossible game.”
 
I felt as if I was out numbered in the decision so I sighed and slipped my shoes back on. “Alright, let’s go.”
 
“Go? You’re leaving already?” 
 
I turned around to see Chunji, L.Joe, and CAP walking in the door.
 
“MAN. We should have just gone.” Niel whined.
 
“Like we wouldn’t have caught you guys running out with Sora?” CAP asked with a smirk. “Nice to see you’re okay Sora. Kwangmin called here a few times wondering if you were okay.”
 
“Yeah. I was trying to study for my exams. I really want to pass and I’ve been struggling so I figured I’d be best with no distractions.”
 
“Hey if you ever need a tutor, I can always make time to help you out.” Chunji smiled. I saw the mischievous look in his eye; however none of the other members seemed to see it.
 
“Uh, well I could use some help in math.”
 
“Chunji’s best subject.” L.Joe laughed.
 
Chunji glared at him. “I’m decent in math. I can help her.”
 
“Yeah, you do that.” L.Joe rolled his eyes. “Good luck learning from him Sora.”
 
“The living room is all yours you two.” CAP smiled, patting our shoulders as he passed us.
 
Niel and Ricky pouted as they followed after the group’s leader down the hallway. Changjo chuckled and glanced over at Chunji.
 
“Do you want to borrow my calculator or are you able to do the simple math in your head?”
 
“Yah!” Chunji raised his fist at Changjo.
 
“Hey!” I said, grabbing his raised arm. “Knock it off or I’ll go home.”
 
Chunji glared at Changjo before dragging me into the living room. It was cleaner than the last time I was there. The couch and chairs were not covered with clothes and blankets. There was a table in the middle of the room with one pillow on each side of it set up for Chunji and me.
 
“Did you really come over here to give me back my jacket?” Chunji said in a low tone as we sat down.
 
I placed my backpack in my lap and took out my math book. “No, I came to talk to you about the other night.”
 
Chunji scoffed. “What is there to talk about?”
 
“Don’t play dumb, Chunji-ssi.” I pointed a finger at him. “You kissed me.” I lowered my voice even more just in case the others could hear us.
 
“You didn’t reject it.” He smirked, grabbing my math book and flipping through it. “What are you studying?”
 
“Chapter 10.” I said, pulling out a few pencils and a calculator. “I didn’t comprehend what happened until after you pulled away. That’s why I didn’t reject it.”
 
“So you say.” Chunji looked over the lesson before pushing my book towards me. “Do the first problem and let me know when you get stuck.”
 
“I won’t get stuck. I understand all this.”
 
Chunji chuckled. “You really planned this visit out didn’t you?”
 
Without looking up from my math I answered, “I don’t want it to appear that there’s something going on between us.”
 
“But there is something going on between us.”
 
I looked up at Chunji. “No. There’s nothing. I’m Kwangmin’s girlfriend.”
 
“That can easily be changed.”
 
“Stop it. Nothing will happen between us, Chunji-ssi. Nothing.”
 
Chunji slid his foot under the table so it touched mine. “Why do you keep lying to yourself?” He asked. “You’re obviously attracted to me and I can tell you are enjoying this.”
 
I kicked him. “You’re obviously picking up the vibes you want to pick up. I’m in no way attracted to…” My voice caught in my throat as Chunji leaned across the table bringing his face inches from mine.
 
“Why are you blushing Sora?” Chunji said softly. He sat back. “Did you think I was going to kiss you?”
 
I shook my head. “No.” I closed my math book and began to put my thinks back into my backpack.
 
“Where are you going?” Chunji asked as I raced towards the door.
 
“I have to see my boyfriend.” I announced before sliding on my shoes and sprinting out the door.