Chapter 3

No More Cologne

 

“How far of a walk is your dorm?” I asked.

“Not very far.” Niel said. “Everyone is going to be so surprised to see you.”

Chunji chuckled. “Let’s see how long it takes for them to notice you’re there.”

“They won’t even notice we’re back.” Niel chuckled. “Sora noona, this is going to be so fun.”

Soon enough we were standing in front of Teen Top’s dorm. I stood back as Chunji opened the door and filed in slowly after Niel.

“We’re back!”Niel announced courteously.

There was no answer. There wasn’t even the sound of someone coming to greet us. All that could be heard was the sound of video games and music.

Niel tugged my arm. “I’ll show you around.”

He dragged me to all of the rooms the other members weren’t occupying. Chunji followed behind us.

“Niel? Is that you?” Ricky called from another room.

“Yeah Ricky-ah.” Niel replied. He pushed me behind him as if to shield me from Ricky.

“When did you get back?” Ricky questioned. “Is Chunji-hyung with you?”

“I’m here Ricky-ah. We just got back.”

We heard footsteps heading towards us. Niel looked like he was in a panic. I could tell he didn’t want the other members to find out that I was here just yet.

“Noona, hide in that room. We’ll get you after Ricky is gone.” He whispered.

“Niel, that’s ridi…”Chunji began to groan, but stopped once he saw Niel trying to push me into the room. “Niel!” He grabbed my arm and pulled me into him.

“Sora-noona, you’re here?” Ricky asked, appearing in the hallway.

I nodded and stepped away from Chunji. “Surprise.” I chuckled.

“Noona’s here?” Changjo exclaimed, rushing into the hallway.

“Did you two go to the Boyfriend dorm?” CAP asked, appearing behind Changjo.

“Yeah. We told you we were going for a walk.” Niel said.

“Are you hungry or thirsty Sora-ah?” CAP asked me politely.

“I’m fine. Thank you.”

“Noona, you should come and play video games with L.Joe hyung and me.” Ricky suggested.

“No, dance with CAP hyung and me.” Changjo whined.

“Yah! I brought her here to hang with me!” Niel exclaimed. Chunji cleared his throat. “And Chunji hyung.”

“I can hang out with all of you. It’s fine. I’ll hang out with Ricky and L.Joe first, since Ricky asked first. Then I’ll dance with CAP and Changjo and then I’ll hang out with you and Chunji before I go home.” I told Niel. “Does that sound fair?”

Niel looked down at his feet. “I guess so.”

I ruffled his hair. “We’ll have the most fun together.”I told him before following Ricky to where he and L.Joe had confined themselves for the day.

“Sora, when did you get here?” L.Joe smiled up at me.

“A little while ago.” I told him, taking a seat next to him.

“Do you want to play?” Ricky asked, offering me his controller.

I smiled. “No, I’d rather watch for now.”

You would think neither of them would talk after resuming their game but they told me about how their schedules were going and I told them about how the members of Boyfriend were doing.

“Noona, come dance with me.” Changjo whined poking his head around the door.

“Okay Changjo. I’m coming.” I waved to L.Joe and Ricky before following Changjo to the mess of a living room.

The couch and chairs were piled on one side of the room and clothes, blankets, and pillows dangled off of the furniture.

“It’s not always like this.” CAP smiled seeing my shocked expression. “We need to make room when we practice here and the living room is the only room big enough.”

I smiled. “Actually I would have been even more surprised if there wasn’t some sort of mess.” I looked around the room for a cd player and speakers. “So what are we dancing to?”

“Lady’s choice.” Changjo smiled. “Whatever dance you want to learn.”

I chuckled. “I want to learn Supa Luv.”

CAP nodded. “Okay. We’ll teach you from Niel’s spot. It’ll be the simplest I think.”

I nodded. “Sounds good to me.”

While CAP sang Supa Luv, Changjo taught me the dance. They chuckled at the fact that I couldn’t get the shoulder rock down. Changjo grabbed my shoulders and moved them how I was supposed to move them.

I let out a sigh. “Alright, I think I got it. Let me try again with no help this time.”

Changjo nodded and stepped back. CAP began singing the chorus and I worked my way though the choreography that Changjo just taught me. It came to the shoulder rock and I messed up at first but found the rhythm quickly. CAP and Changjo applauded me once I had finished.

“Well done. You caught yourself.” CAP beamed. “Maybe we’ll have you replace Niel.”

Changjo laughed. “I think Niel would be hurt if she replaced him.”

I rolled my eyes. “I could never replace Niel.” 

“Sora noona!” Niel called throughout the dorm. “It’s time to come play with Chunji and me.”

Changjo groaned. “Niel, are you kidding me?”

CAP patted his shoulder. “Let him get his turn. We’ll make dinner. Do you want to eat with us Sora?”

I nodded. “Sure. Thank you.” I bowed politely and wandered to find the room Niel and Chunji were hiding in.

“Noona, in here.” Niel said, appearing in a doorway and pulling me inside.

I looked around the room and noticed it was the Teen Top’s bedroom. Niel sat down on one of the bunk beds. Chunji was laying on another bunk bed on the top bunk.

“Having fun being bounced around?” Chunji chuckled.

“Actually, yeah I am.” I smiled.

“You’ll have the best fun with us.” Niel beamed.

“So what are we going to do?” I asked them.

“Talk about whatever.” Niel exclaimed.

I chuckled. “Okay so pick a topic.”

“Actually let’s start with a game.” Chunji suggested. He glanced at Niel and me with a smirk. “The truth game.”

“Ah, good one hyung.” Niel said. “What should the punishment be if you don’t tell the truth?”

“A kiss on the cheek?” Chunji suggested. “We can’t hit Sora-yah.”

Niel nodded in agreement. “Okay then I’ll start. Noona, did you ever like Youngmin more than Kwangmin?”

I thought back to even before I knew the boys. I nodded. “When Boyfriend first debuted, Youngmin was my favorite member.”

“Whoa, how did Kwangmin take that?” Chunji chuckled.

“He didn’t really think anything of it. Youngmin tried to about it once but Kwangmin told him ‘and she got to know us and chose me.’”

The boys laughed. “That’s funny.”

“Niel, if one of the members was a girl who would it be and would you date them?” I asked.

Niel thought for a minute. Chunji chuckled. “You can’t accurately answer this question. You’d be the girl and you can’t date yourself.”

“Should I change the question then? If you were a girl, Niel, who would you date in Teen Top?”

Niel tried not to answer quickly but Chunji and I knew he already had an answer. “CAP hyung. He’d be the sweet romantic boyfriend.”

“Oh Niel, how cute is that?” I teased.

“Hyung, do you like…”

CAP poked his head into the room before Niel could finish asking Chunji his question. “Dinner is ready guys. Better hurry up and eat because it’s getting late and we need to get Sora home.”

 “Sit by me noona!” Niel exclaimed, pulling me behind as he rushed to the table.

We sat down and Ricky sat on the other side of me. No one spoke at dinner. The three youngest were trying to eat their food as quickly as possible and the eldest three rolled their eyes at them. I took my time with my food, wondering who was going to walk me home. Would Niel, Ricky, and Changjo get to?

“Ready Sora noona? I’ll walk you home!” Niel smiled as he slammed his empty bowl on the table.

“Ah ah ah.” CAP shook his finger. “You three have chores to do since you didn’t do them earlier.”

“HYUNG!” The three whined.

“L.Joe or Chunji can take her back. I need one of you two to stay back and help me clean up the living room.”

“I’ll take her home, CAP hyung.” Chunji volunteered.

CAP smiled. “Thank you Chunji.” CAP stood up and walked over to me, giving me a hug. “Thank you for coming over Sora-ah. I hope you enjoyed yourself.”

“I had a great time.” I smiled. “I’ll definitely have to come and visit again.”

“Next time all of us should do something as a group.” L.Joe chuckled. “That way you won’t be bounced around like today.”

I chuckled too. “Yeah.”

“Ready to leave now Sora?” Chunji asked, rising to his feet.

“Uh, yeah sure.” I gave Niel, Ricky, Changjo, and L.Joe hugs before Chunji and I put our shoes on and headed out the door.

It was dark outside now and the temperature had dropped quite a bit. My hoodie’s material was very thin so the cool night’s breeze went right through me.

Chunji placed his jacket around my shoulder. “You’re jacket too light for this weather.”

I nodded a thanks and looked at my feet as I walked. Chunji placed his arm around my waist. I looked up at him, confused and nervous.

“This way people will avoid us. Mean people leave pretty girls with boyfriends alone.” Chunji told me with a smile.

“But you’re not my boyfriend. Kwangmin is.” I said, harshly.

“But the mean people don’t know that do they?” Chunji chuckled. “Kwangmin will thank me for keeping you safe and warm. Trust me.”

I let out a sigh of defeat. He was right. Kwangmin would thank Chunji for keeping me safe. As long as Chunji didn’t try to pull anything else I guess he was okay. We finally made it to my house and Chunji walked me up to the door.

I slipped his jacket off and handed it back to him, while looking at my feet. “Um, thanks for letting me borrow your jacket, Chunji.”

He smiled at me and lifted my chin with his finger. He placed his lips on mine. He pulled back with a smirk on his face. “You’re very welcome. Sleep well.”

I stared after him in disbelief. He had kissed me. How could he? And why didn’t I push him away? Why did I let Chunji get away with that? Do I tell Kwangmin?

“Sora-ah! Come inside. It’s cold.” My mom scolded as she opened the front door.

“Sorry umma.” I bowed and scurried inside and up to my room.