Chapter 2

No More Cologne

 

Kwangmin brought me back to music bank with Boyfriend every week after that so I could hang out with Teen Top. I had a budding friendship with most of the members, except Chunji. He seemed to sit back every time I was around and allow me to converse with the other members. However, I would catch him watching me at times and every time I would make eye contact, he would smirk and wink at me. It confused me and I didn’t know what to make of it.

One day I planned on waiting for Teen Top in their dressing room after one of their performances. When I entered the room, I was surprised to find Chunji sitting on the couch.

“Oh Sora, did I frighten you?” He asked, his typical smirk glued to his face.

“N-no Chunji-ssi you didn’t.” I figured I stay formal with him since we normally didn’t talk.

“Ssi? Why are you using formality? Are we not friends?” Chunji had risen from his seat and began to approach me.

“U-uh well,” By now he was standing right in front of me, the closest we have been since we met. “We don’t really talk so I wasn’t sure if we were friends or not.”

He pushed some of my hair behind my ear. I fought off the urge to flinch.

“Of course we’re friends.” He said softly. “However,” He leaned in closer. “I would like for us to be more than that.”

I couldn’t find my voice nor could I continue to make my lungs function. My face heated up within seconds.

“B-b-b-but I’m…I’m dating Kwang-Kwangmin.” I forced out.

Chunji chuckled. “You’re cute when you’re nervous.” He stepped back a bit. “Kwangmin doesn’t have to know.”

“But that’s still cheating.”

Chunji shrugged. “Not unless you get caught.”

Before I could say anything against the idea, the rest of Teen Top walked in with Kwangmin following behind.

“I figured you would be in here.” Kwangmin smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek.

“Chunji, did you know Sora was here?” Ricky asked. “Is that why you raced back here?”

“Well, I didn’t want her to wait much longer if she was waiting here for us. And she was here when I arrived so I decided to stay and keep her company.” Chunji lied, sending me another one of his smirks.

“Sora, you don’t look so good.” CAP frowned. He placed the back of his hand on my forehead. “You feel a little warm too.”

Kwangmin looked at me worriedly. “Yeobo, are you getting sick?”

I shook my head. “I’m fine. It’s just a little warm in here.”

“You’re looking pretty pale.” L.Joe said. “Chunji was she like this when you got here?”

Chunji shook his head innocently. “No, I’d say she was a little red but I figured it was because she may have rushed here.”

Niel looked bothered. “Maybe you should go and rest Sora. We’ll hang out next week when you feel better okay?” Changjo nodded in agreement.

I was finding it difficult to comprehend what was going on. All I could focus on was the smug smirk I was getting from Chunji. He was proud of himself.

“Sora, come on. You’re zoning out on us. Do I have to carry you back to the dressing room?” Kwangmin asked, lightly shaking my shoulder.

I shook my head slowly. “No. I can walk.” Kwangmin wrapped his arm around my waist and we bowed goodbye to Teen Top.

“Feel better Sora.” Chunji called after us. “See you next week.”

Kwangmin and I walked back into Boyfriend’s dressing room wordlessly. Youngmin was the first to question us.

“Why aren’t you two with Teen Top? Is everything alright?”

“Sora’s not feeling well.” Kwangmin explained, sitting me down on the couch.

Donghyun sat down next to me. “Aw, don’t worry we’ll be leaving soon.”

“I feel fine.” I told them. “Chunji…”

“Sora noona, everyone gets sick. It’s no big deal.” Minwoo chuckled.

“But I’m not sick.” I huffed.

Kwangmin sat on the other side of me and laced our fingers together. He didn’t say anything, not that he needed to. I knew what he was trying to say. “Relax. It’s not something to get worked up over.”

On multiple occasions, Youngmin has asked me how I could stand to be with Kwangmin. The other members would join in and ask me how I could understand Kwangmin. I would just smile at them and then smile at Kwangmin before shrugging and saying, “I don’t know. I just can.” They had given up on pestering me after the first few months claiming I’d understand eventually. They were right. I understand what they meant now; however that hasn’t stopped me from falling more in love with Kwangmin.

Thinking back on this made me think about what Chunji had said. “Kwangmin doesn’t have to know.” The words made me tremble. It was almost like electricity ran through me. But I love Kwangmin. I would never cheat on him. I wasn’t that type of girl. I had locked the memory of Chunji and mine’s conversation in the back of my brain and went on with the rest of the week happily, that is until there was a knock on the door of Boyfriend’s dorm.

“Were you guys expecting anyone?”I asked Hyunseung who also in the living room with me.

“Not that I know of.” He replied. “Hyung! Someone’s at the door.”

Donghyun poked his out from the kitchen and glanced at the door. There was a second knock.

“Did one of you order food?”

“Answer it hyung.” Jeongmin yawned, stepping out of the bedroom.

Donghyun sighed. He opened the door slightly. “Oh, Chunji! Niel! You guys had us worried for a minute. Come in.”

I looked over at the door. No way could have Chunji showed up at Boyfriend’s dorm and yet my eyes proved me wrong.

“What are you guys doing here?” Kwangmin smiled as Youngmin, Minwoo, and he appeared in the doorway of the bedroom.

“We came to say hello.” Chunji smirked. “We don’t have schedule today and Niel suggested we drop by.”

“I figured Sora noona would be here as well.” Niel smiled at me.

I knew it. They came for me.

“Have a seat guys.” Donghyun said, playing a good host.

I surveyed the living room. There were two seats on the couch next to me and one seat next to Hyunseung. I glanced back at the door and could see that Chunji was eyeing up the seat directly next to me. Sure enough, he casually sat down on the cushion next to me, a little closer than he needed to.

“So what have you guys been up to today?” Minwoo asked, sitting on the arm of the loveseat Hyunseung was now sharing with Donghyun and Jeongmin, who was sitting on the other arm.

“We were lying around the dorm honestly.” Niel groaned. “There was really nothing to do so I asked Chunji hyung to go for a walk with me and now we’re here.”

Kwangmin sat on the arm of the couch next to me. “What about the other members?”

“They were occupied with other things. Niel and I were the only two that couldn’t find things to do.” Chunji replied.

I felt his hand brush my knee. I tried not to shudder at his touch but it could not be helped.

“Aish, I don’t know about you guys but I’m cold.” I rubbed my arms as if I was warming myself up.

“I’ll go get your sweater.” Kwangmin said, making a move to get up.

“NO!” Everyone looked at me funny. “I’ll get it myself. Thank you though.” I said kissing Kwangmin’s cheek.

I got off of the couch and rushed over to the coat rack where my sweater rested on top of Kwangmin’s. I grabbed both sweaters. I wore mine and carried Kwangmin’s back with me. I sat down as close to Kwangmin and away from Chunji I could get and placed Kwangmin’s sweater over my legs.

“Are you that cold?” Youngmin asked me. I nodded. “It’s like seventy degrees in here.”

“I get this way sometimes. Don’t worry about me.”

The boys exchanged glances yet continued on with their conversation. I laced my fingers with Kwangmin’s and played with our hands.

“Noona, you should come and hang out with us.”

I snapped out of my reverie and looked at Niel who had spoken. “Pardon?”

“When Boyfriend has to go to practice later. You should come hang out with us.”Niel’s face seemed bright, as if a child awaiting his mother’s praise. I couldn’t say no to him and I really saw no reason to if I was going to be with all of Teen Top. Chunji could not possibly get me alone.

“Okay, sounds like fun.”

Kwangmin patted my shoulder. “You should gather your things now. We’ll be leaving soon.”I frowned at him. “I’ll help you.”

“Okay.” I pouted.

Kwangmin and I walked into the bedroom. I had set my bag on Kwangmin’s bed when I arrived but when we went in there it was no longer there.

“Kwangmin, where’s my bag?” I asked him, trying not to panic.

Kwangmin smirked and shrugged his shoulders as he closed the door slightly. “I don’t know. I guess you’ll have to find it.”

I scoffed. “Or you could just tell me.”

Kwangmin shook his head. “Nah, I don’t really like that option.”

I turned my back on him and began to search the room for my bag. I started by climbing up to Kwangmin’s bunk.

“Yah, careful with your skirt.” He warned, rushing over to tug on the end lightly so it would not show anything.

“You’re the only one in here goof.” I chuckled as I sat on his bed.

I searched under all of his Pikachu items and under his pillow and could not find my bag. I crawled back over to the ladder where Kwangmin was waiting to help me down. I placed my hand in his and he wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me to him as I stepped off the ladder.

He chuckle. “I could have told you it wasn’t on my bed.”

“Just tell me where it is.” I groaned.

Kwangmin kissed my forehead. “You’re cute when you’re frustrated.”

I blushed. “Stop trying to change the subject.”

“I was just stating what was on my mind.”

“Where’s my bag?”

Kwangmin glanced over at Youngmin’s bunk and back at me. “Somewhere.”

“You moved it to Youngmin’s bed?” I chuckled, pulling away from Kwangmin’s hold and standing on my tip toes to peer onto Youngmin’s bed. Sure enough there sat my bag. I snagged it and held it close. “I would have found it eventually.”

“Says the one that was begging me to say where it was.”Kwangmin pulled me into a hug and then placed his lips on mine. “Behave while you’re at Teen Top’s dorm okay?”

I placed our foreheads together. “Why would I misbehave? The whole time I’ll be missing you.”

Kwangmin kissed me again. “I’ll miss you too.”

“Kwangmin, hurry up! We need to leave now!” Youngmin yelled, knocking on the door.

I laced my fingers with Kwangmin’s and we walked out of the bedroom to meet everyone at the door putting on their shoes.

“We’re going opposite ways.” Chunji told Kwangmin.

Kwangmin nodded as he gave my hand a tight squeeze. “Okay.” He hugged me. “Have fun.”

“Work hard.” I told him. “Bye guys.” I smiled, waving to the rest of Boyfriend.

They waved back and headed off to practice. Niel, Chunji and I started heading towards their dorms.