Chapter 5

No More Cologne

 

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Kwangmin asking him where he was. Boyfriend’s dorm and their practice room were in the same direction so I headed that way and just hoped that they were at one of the two places. Kwangmin had texted me back by the time I was close to their dorm saying they were about to go out to eat. I quickened my pace, hoping to catch them before they got into the van.

Boyfriend was just about to walk out the door when I got there.

“Sora, I thought you were going to drop by tomorrow?” Hyunseung asked.

“I guess I couldn’t wait that long.” I smiled, trying to catch my breath.

Kwangmin walked up to me and gave me a hug. All of my adrenaline had faded away from just being in his arms. “Why do you have your backpack? Were you studying close by?” He asked, pulling away a little bit.

“Uh yeah. I was over at a friend’s house.” I told him.

“Well, you’re welcome to join us, Sora. Come on.” Donghyun smiled, ushering us all out the door and down to the waiting van.

We al l piled in. Kwangmin, Youngmin and I sat in the very back row, Hyunseung, Donghyun, and Minwoo sat in the middle row and Jeongmin sat shotgun.

“So how is your studying coming along?” Youngmin asked, trying to occupy himself in the quiet van.

“It’s alright. I think a few more days of studying and I should be able to pass my exams no problem.” I smiled.

Kwangmin laced our fingers together. “Of course you’ll pass. You’re smart and work so hard, Sora.”

I kissed Kwangmin on the cheek. “Well I need to so I can go to university.”

We pulled up to the restaurant and were seated towards the back so we have some privacy. Donghyun ordered for all of us seeing as no one really knew what they wanted and couldn’t make a decision. It wasn’t long before our food was ready and placed on the table.

“Noona, eat up so you can study more.” Minwoo smiled, giving me some of his food.

“Aw yes, Sora. Eat up.” Jeongmin smirked, also giving me some of his food.

“Yah, yah, yah.” I said, looking at the growing pile on my plate. “I can’t eat all that myself.”

Kwangmin reached over and took some food. “Sure you can.” He smiled with his mouth full.

I rolled my eyes. “More for you then?”

Kwangmin just smiled as he stole more food from my plate. “Eat.”

Jeongmin and Donghyun were the entertainment while we ate. The two bickered back and forth about something; I wasn’t paying much attention. My thoughts were on other things – Chunji.

How would we keep “us” from Kwangmin? If people saw Chunji and I together, it’s create a huge scandal that both Teen Top and Boyfriend don’t need. Not to mention, it would break Kwangmin’s heart. I couldn’t do that to him. I loved Kwangmin.

“Sora, are you okay?” Kwangmin asked, sounding worried. “You’re crying.” He wiped away a stray tear.

I hadn’t noticed just the thought of cheating had made me cry. “Sorry, I’m just really nervous about my exams.”

“You need to get your mind off of them for a bit. I think you’re working too hard.” Hyunseung frowned.

Kwangmin stood up and held out his hand to me. Everyone looked at him, confused. He just smiled and helped me stand up. “I’ll see you guys back at the dorms.” He announced as he pulled me towards the door.

I didn’t bother to question Kwangmin on what he had in mind. He would only tell me it was a surprise or just smile at me anyways. We walked down the street hand in hand, something we hadn’t been able to do for a while. It was nice. I couldn’t remember the last time the two of us went on a date. We had been on a few when we started dating but after a while Kwangmin’s schedule with Boyfriend had become more demanding and his free time more limited. That’s why I began to tag along to performances. That little time together while Boyfriend was getting ready and after each performance was just long enough for Kwangmin and me to enjoy each other’s company.

I noticed Kwangmin had led us into a playground. It was getting dark outside so all the little children had left for home.

Kwangmin let go of my hand. “Go play.”

I raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled. “What?”

“You need to relax and have some fun, so what better way to have fun than to act like a little kid again?” Kwangmin seemed to be quite proud of himself for coming up with this idea.

I smiled. “Well then, I guess since we’re here.” I gave Kwangmin a little shove. “YOU’RE IT!” I yelled before running over to one of the playscapes.

Kwangmin scoffed and smirked before chasing after me. This was a new experience in our relationship. We had never seen the childish side in each other like this before. We chased each other around the playground for what felt like hours before we were tired and fell to the ground, trying to catch our breath.

Kwangmin grabbed my hand and held it to his chest. “Feel better?” He asked me.

“Much better. Thank you.”

We lay next to each other and just looked up at the night sky. It was a beautiful night out, however my thoughts soon tried to ruin the moment. I began to wonder if I should tell Kwangmin about my kiss with Chunji. I wondered if I should tell him I had actually talked to Chunji before running over to see Boyfriend tonight. I tried to stop myself from picturing Kwangmin’s reaction if I did tell him, however it didn’t work so well. I could picture him trying to hold back tears. I could hear him tell me to leave. I could hear him say “I’m breaking up with you.” This time I was aware of the tears that were streaming down my face.

“Sora!” Kwangmin rolled onto his side and wiped away my tears. “Why are you crying now?”

“Kwangmin, I love you.” I sobbed.

He pulled me into his arms and began to pat my back. “I love you too.”

I grabbed the front of his shirt as my tears continued to fall. “Please, don’t ever hate me.”  

I felt Kwangmin’s embrace tighten. “I don’t think I could ever hate you.”

Those words were reassuring in a way yet not enough for me to tell him. I cried into his chest for a little while longer. I hated when I cried but crying in Kwangmin’s arms made me feel better about it. I actually felt like a lot had been lifted off my shoulders once my tears had stopped. Kwangmin had pulled me into a kiss after wiping away the last of my tears.

“Let’s get you home before it gets too late.” He said, resting his forehead on mine.

I sighed and we both got to our feet before making the venture to my house, lacing our hands together once again.