Chapter 6

No More Cologne

 

I had managed to go a week without any contact with Chunji or any of the other members of Teen Top. Youngmin said it was because they were working on their next album. I didn’t mind that one bit, anything that kept Chunji away from me.  I hadn’t accepted Chunji but I hadn’t completely rejected him either. I knew I had to state to Chunji that nothing was going to happen and make it clear so he would give up. I decided it was best to do it as soon as possible.

So the next day I begged Kwangmin to take me to visit Teen Top. After first Kwangmin was resilient, seeing as he had already planned out how he wanted our day to go. After a little pouting and a few promises though, Kwangmin agreed to take me to Teen Top.

“Why do you want to see them so bad?” Kwangmin sighed as we walked to the bus stop.

“I haven’t seen them in a while. I want to know how they’re doing.” I told him, looking at my feet as I walked.

Kwangmin scoffed. “Well you could have just called them.”

“They could easily lie to me on the phone, Kwangmin. And besides, we can do whatever you want to do tomorrow. Just give me today.”

“Whatever.” Kwangmin rolled his eyes.

I sighed. I had upset him. We never really fight but there have been a few occasions like this throughout our relationship. If Kwangmin knew I was doing this to protect our relationship, I don’t think he would be upset.

We got on the bus and he silently took a solo window seat towards the back. I raised an eyebrow, seeing as the seats in front of him and behind him were occupied. I quickly glanced around for an open seat and found one in the front of the bus. I let out a sigh and sat down.

Back to the times when we had been like this before, Kwangmin had never pushed me away. We usually just didn’t say anything to each other for a while and then everything would be okay. We knew running away from each other wouldn’t solve whatever issue we had with one another. However back at those times too spending too much time together was ruled out because I saw him maybe once every few weeks. “Could we be seeing too much of each other?” I began thinking to myself.

The bus had come to a stop the block before Teen Top’s dorms. I got off the bus and waited for Kwangmin to get off as well. The bus’s doors closed and I stood alone at the bust stop.

“He didn’t get off the bus.” I said to myself in shock.

I didn’t know what to do. I was afraid to leave the bus stop in case Kwangmin just didn’t notice it was our stop. Teen Top’s dorm was so close though. He had to of noticed we had reached our stop. I tried to call his cell phone but he didn’t answer. Kwangmin had let me get off the bus on my own on purpose.

I tried not to let the tears that rimmed my eyes fall as I headed for Teen Top’s dorm. They knew that Kwangmin and I were on our way over. I prepared myself for them to ask a bunch of questions once they noticed I was alone. What could I tell them? The truth would not go over well at all. I played that scenario in my head many times as I walked up the stairs.

I reached their floor and noticed someone was waiting outside by the door. I smiled and ran up to them.

“KWANGMIN!” I almost hugged the person, but then they looked up and I noticed it wasn’t Kwangmin. “Chunji.”

“Sora, you came to see me.” Chunji pulled me into a hug. “I was starting to worry. What took you so long to get here?”

“I thought you were Kwangmin.” I sighed, trying to get my thoughts straight.

“Why would you think that? Isn’t Kwangmin with you?” He smirked.

“I’m going inside.” I tried to step past him, but Chunji blocked my way.

“No one is home.”

“But when Kwangmin called…”

“I answered the phone.”

I couldn’t find my voice. Chunji had planned for it to be just us. Today was just not turning out how I had hoped it would. I felt the first of many tears escape my eyes and slide down my cheeks. Chunji gently placed his hand on my cheek and attempted to wipe my tears away, however they just wouldn’t stop.

“Sora, did something happen between you and Kwangmin?” His voice no longer sound devious. He actually sounded sincerely worried.

“No, we’re fine.” I told him, taking a step back.

“But he told me that the both of you would be here. Did you come separately?”

I bit my lip and tried to fight back more tears. “Y-yeah. He’s on the next bus over here.”

Chunji let out a sigh and grabbed my wrist, pulling me into Teen Top’s dorm. He pulled me into the living room and sat me down on the couch. Without a word, he walked into the kitchen and came back with a cup of tea and a box of tissues. He handed the cup to me and sat down next to me.

“Now, what really happened?”

“Why do you care?” I sobbed. “Isn’t this what you wanted?”

Chunji clicked his tongue. “Well, isn’t it common courtesy to comfort someone who is upset?”

“I didn’t ask for your comfort.”

“You didn’t, but I could tell you wanted it.”

I scoffed. “Right.” I looked at the cup of tea in my hands. “You didn’t drug my drink did you?”

“I’m not that kind of guy, Sora-ah. I play fair.” Chunji winked at me.

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the tea. “So where are the others?”

“They went out for a schedule. I have schedule later.” I nodded. “I’m surprised Kwangmin hasn’t called you yet. Some protective and caring boyfriend he is.”

“Shut up. Kwangmin needs time to cool down. That’s all.”

“So you two did fight.” Chunji began to smile.

“No we didn’t fight. He was just upset that I wanted to come here today and messed up what he had planned for us.” I felt an anger build up inside of me. “I don’t even understand why he’s upset. It’s not like we can’t do whatever he has planned another time. I mean seriously.” My tears had returned and began to fall once again.

Chunji placed his arm around my shoulder. “You wanted to come here that bad that you canceled your plans?”

“I need to talk to you.” I said, wiping away some tears.

Chunji placed his finger under my chin and turned my head to face him. “Oh really? Are you accepting me then?”

Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his breath brush my cheek. I could feel his gaze burning into me. My heart raced. This was wrong. I should be with Kwangmin right now, but my body wouldn’t move. The only move it made was my head tilting to the side a bit as Chunji’s lips met mine.